Hi Scott,

Nice pics, the new theme really does suit the layout, I like the idea of the EWS loco picking up fuel tanks to go back EH. Back in the day there used to be a trip to Bournemouth depot with a couple of fuel tanks so it's a plausible train.

Just a thought, a few containers sat along the front of the layout near the bridge might look quite good.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Jack and Dave for your comments, Dave the TTA's came weathered, I think they were a limited edition from on eof the box shifters, may have been The Signal Box but cant remember off hand. I wish I was capable of weathering to a similar standard.

GW thanks for that different angle of Southampton, very useful and interesting. Much appreciated.

Peter, I seem to remeber the working from Bmth. I definately remember peering throgh the fence at the depot to see what 47's were about. I'll try placing some containers along the front and taek a pic or two...

Had a bit of play again today, Kevin of Leaford Fame popped dowm for a few hours,had a good chat whilst my eldest boy operated the layout. I think Kevin was allowed one go in that time.

Had a discussion about overhead wires... A potential project in the future..

Off out to the garage now for some more play time, may post a coupel more pics later.

Cheers

Scott

Right then, last two pictures from me for a bit.

66532 arrives with the 4O92 Warren Lane - Redbrook Maritime service. 532 will uncouple once it gets to the ground position signal. It will then head off to the depot to re-fuel and check levels. Before leaving on the 4E48 to Leeds overnight.

post-6849-0-35140700-1345068863.jpg

A shot of the work in progress depot especially for Shanks... It would be most unlikely for it to be this busy normally but I was just checking the space. Depot building is partially complete and still really just a trial. If it comes out ok then I'll keep it, if not I'll resort back to my Pikestuff one.

post-6849-0-95449200-1345068861.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Scott said,

"Had a bit of play again today, Kevin of Leaford Fame popped dowm for a few hours,had a good chat whilst my eldest boy operated the layout. I think Kevin was allowed one go in that time.

Had a discussion about overhead wires... A potential project in the future.."

Charlie was doing a better job than me anyway, many thanks for a good day, the layout looks better for real than it does in the photos... the truth is that you are a far better modeller than you make out, and the sausage sandwich - excellent.

See you soon.

Kevin.

Afternoon,

Thanks for the favourable comments, glad its providing some ideas Mark (NZ,) thats the good thing about RMweb.... I've got many a good idea off this forum.

Not a great deal to report, another 66 arrived this morning and is currently awaiting approval before entering the fleet. (code word for awaiting a chip)

The 08 project has been put back a week due to having an idea half way through, now all the bits have arrived I should hopefully find time over the weekend to complete it... Famous last words..

I'm still cracking on with the depot bilding, need to visit my local model shop though as I've run out of a few things, I've also decided to put an office inside it. It wont be visable but I'll know it's there. As will the little people..

One final photo especially for Grimleygrid.

60078 has arrived at the depot for storage, not sure about the long term plans but it will be here for a while.

post-6849-0-27335500-1345210265.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Evening,

I'd like to say I have a lot to report but sadly no.

Work and entertaining the kids is taking me away from my modelling at the moment.

The depot is still being built, its coming along slowly another week and I should have it up together.

08873 is nearing completion, Its been a right PITA. I've had a right nightmare with the decals... All my own fault I might add. Its a good job John sent me two packs!

Here are a couple of shots of her and her stable mate 08530.

post-6849-0-60668800-1345841974.jpg

One of it on its own, still need to add pipes to the front and give it a bit of weathering.

post-6849-0-91146400-1345841975.jpg

I hope to add some more progress in the near future.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Gold

The area beyond the bridge is the fiddle yard and will be hopefully blacked out as best I can so its not too visable.

I love the photo along the yard Scott and don't black out the fiddleyard as the scene looks to continue under the bridge, it will look like a tunnel rather than a bridge if you black it out. Just continue the ballast and weeds a foot or so into the yard ;)

Looking super as usual and I'm with Kevin 100% about the quality of modelling.

Bored at work so what do I do?? Thats right go on my laptop and buy two locos that dont fit in with my time period but will suit the theme! That will teach me for looking through my old photos last night... They aren't released yet but it won't be long.....

Cheers

Scott

Bored at work so what do I do?? Thats right go on my laptop and buy two locos that dont fit in with my time period but will suit the theme! That will teach me for looking through my old photos last night... They aren't released yet but it won't be long.....

Oh dear....not long till the Paralympics which should keep you out of trouble for a bit.

Phil

Back to the current scene, New page so a new photo.

08873 is in service, seen here preparing the 4M40 Redbrook- Lord Street service.

post-6849-0-97536900-1346271738.jpg

Still haven't finished the depot, seriously thinking about getting a ready to plonk one... I just don't seem to have the time at the mo. I was supposed to be visiting Coleborne Junction tonight but it didn't happen (sorry Nick)

This is the first time I've got to sit down... And work call it a rest day!

Sorry for the repetative picture scene, hope to improve that shortly and show a bit more of the layout.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Hi fella

Take your time there's no rush for the depot and you'll be much happier with something you built yourself rather than a RTP one! We all have our busy times, I can't remember the last time I was in the loft other then fetching the camping gear down.

Layout is shaping up nicely don't ruin it because your impatience gets the better of you mate, just chill! :imsohappy:

Archived