Evening,

The Railgen was correct, 67001 arrived on the fuel this afternoon. (will be renumbered shortly to 67021)

Seen here arriving at Redbrook.

post-6849-0-67778100-1348694036.jpg

After running round the 3 TTA's it shunted them into road 3 at the depot. 66623 was also in attendance getting fuel after travelling light from Wool.

A fitter is also giving the newly refurbished KFA the once over.

post-6849-0-00404500-1348694040.jpg

All done, 67001 is seen leaving light engine, passing 66532 which has just arrived on the 4O49 from Basford Hall

post-6849-0-32186800-1348694043.jpg

Cheers

Scott

HI Jack,

67001 is still around but its now Blue.... I'm going to go through my records and see which ones I've spotted at Eastleigh and go from there. Probably 67021. Just awaiting the transfers.

I'll let you know when the next fuel delivery is required and you can send them down! :locomotive:

Evening,

just a quick update on Redbrook. I've been thinking about a depot building for some time now, I started to build my own but lost the motivation so it's been on the bench for a few weeks now.

I know the layout needs a depot building and for the time being I will be using a ready to plonk one. I will be doing modifications to it, to make it my own. (new doors, lights, interior detail, all the usual stuff)

Who know's, maybe I'll finish my own project but until then I think this one will be a reasonable enough substitute.

post-6849-0-93041000-1349131979.jpg

I've also extended the siding directly behind the shed, it can now hold 5 large locos.

Thats all for now, work beckons for the next 6 nights so not a lot of modelling going to be happening.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Guy,

Thanks, I'm trying my hardest to resist buying anymore rolling stock for the time being, I want to concentrate on the scenic side and I have a few Freightliner locos to renumber too.

Thanks Phil, I'll stick with the yellow one, red seems so early 90's!

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

<p>

I'm not sure I've seen the red one make an appearance yet - perhaps he's spending too much time with the real thing.

Oi! Bloody cheek, its parked outside the shed with a stack of pallets, as you will see on Monday!

HI,

Thanks SJ and Peter for your comments,

As I mentioned previously work is getting in the way of modelling at the moment, although I did have a nice trip to the Isle of WIght with work, which made a nice change. Anyway back to the layout.

The EWS gold paint has arrived from Howes and I had a quick go this afternoon at covering my bodge job on the 67. I also had a good look at the loco today after seeing the dreadful pictures on the 67 thread regarding poor paint finishes and cracking bodies. Thankfully mine seems ok, all I had to do was attach the bogie sides and wheels that were not fitted when mine arrived!

Going to let the paint dry and then add the transfers and then I feel some weathering is required (Hi Kevin ) . On that note, I'm off to Leaford on Monday for a meet with a few others of RMweb fame, with our special guest from down under.. Looking forward to that one.

Work has started on the new depot modifications, it was out with the dremmel today removing the 4' thick resin doors. Next step is to make and put in the new plasticard frames and doors and then weather the whole thing, as it seems to light to me.

Thats it for the update, off to do the school run and then work. Yeeha!

Cheers

Scott

Thanks David,

I managed to grab half an hour in the garage this afternoon and have continued on the new doors project.

Plasticard is in place, just need to tidy it up and paint them and then fix it all together.

Before:

post-6849-0-27080800-1349615067.jpg

post-6849-0-98851300-1349615067.jpg

Work so far:

post-6849-0-18230600-1349615069.jpg

Once the doors are done it will be on to internal and external lights, I've also received some lights for the fuelling area and a yard light so hopefully Redbrook will be able to work around the clock in the near future.

Cheers

Scott

After catching up with P.C.M, Temeraire, HampshireHog and Beresford Junction (in no particular order) this morning I thought it was only fair that when I got home I have a quick visit to the garage.

I've painted the frames for the shed depot doors now and just waiting for them to try. plan is to fit them tomorrow if all goes well.

I had another go at removing some of the numbers on my 67, I was going to do 67021 but I see Mick has done that so I'm now removing more to make 67024. I'm taking my time with this one..

Didnt really have time to play trains but I did just try something out. I was thinking about me and my boredom and thought I'd remove the freightliner wagons and replace them with some of my engineering stock, just to see if it would work. The idea being that I can re-role the layout to suit my current mood. This was only a trial, don't worry I haven't had enough of Team Green, I only thought about it after visiting Leaford this morning and seeing all of Kevins various items of rolling stock.

Here's a couple of pictures:

post-6849-0-97590200-1349730076.jpg

post-6849-0-95655200-1349730077.jpg

Thats all for now, carry on.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

I had another go at removing some of the numbers on my 67, I was going to do 67021 but I see Mick has done that so I'm now removing more to make 67024. I'm taking my time with this one..

Don't let me stop you - I haven't got the exclusive rights to 67021! :locomotive:

I'm going to do 08873 sometime - so there! :beee:

Cheers,

Mick

Don't let me stop you - I haven't got the exclusive rights to 67021! :locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

Very true, but your version will always be much better than mine so I thought I'd play it safe with 24. :P

Cheers Swifty,

The engineers wagons seem more popular than the Freightliner theme..

Evening,

Continuing on with the engineers theme, spurred on by the current Bachmann NR 57 thread.

My repainted 57305 seen running round its loaded ballast train, once coupled it will be off to the Virtual quarry at Eastleigh for unloading. The MPV is stabled up for the night.

post-6849-0-78413900-1349816733.jpg

post-6849-0-14919500-1349816729.jpg

Finally 09019 shunting, making up the next train to leave the yard.

post-6849-0-08198800-1349816724.jpg

The things to do list is growing, will be re-numbering 2 of my 66's in the near future, changing them to Inter modal versions. Although now that the engineering stock is making an appearance it may be worth me keeping them in Heavy Haul guise.

Cheers

Scott

Archived