NIce pictures Phil, you've captured a piece of history. Not sure what the Colas twins will be used for now. Maybe its time they looked for a new contract with someone else... The same can be said for the 12 TTA's!

David, the office block is from Bachmann Scenecraft. Product code 44-039. £15 at a certain Liverpool shop. Sadly the lights are non working but I'm sure they could be adapted with some led's.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

NIce pictures Phil, you've captured a piece of history. Not sure what the Colas twins will be used for now.

You need a couple of barrier vehicles to drag a 350 from Northampton depot to Southam for wheel turning............ reversal at Redbrook. :nowinkclear:

Cheers,

Mick

Afternoon,

After an enjoyable visit to Exford Park yesterday I was able to collect the voyager and my 60. I also took with me the failed 153, and I'm pleased to say that the fitter at Exford once again worked his magic and the 153 was able to return under its own power. Thanks Ian.

The 60 was put straight back into service and was captured bringing in a couple of Arriva coaches for storage at Redbrook.

post-6849-0-16633100-1338032667.jpg

The 153 had also worked in to Redbrook but on some kind of route learning run. Here it is seen leaving what was the fuel terminal.

post-6849-0-61266600-1338032668.jpg

Finally a shot of the station with both platforms full. The Voyager arriving on platform 1 and the two 150's in platform 2. The 2 arriva coaches can also be seen in their final resting place for the time being.

post-6849-0-62489900-1338032665.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Very nice pictures mate :sungum: a decent variety of colorful liveries.

Sounds like Exford was a worth while visit :senile: and you finally managed to persuade Ian to part with the Voyager :yes: :onthequiet:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Evening,

Daz its always worth a visit, even just for the bacon sarnies!

As promised here are some photos of the changes.

The FGW service to Redbrook has been a big success and has given FGW an in road to the southampton area, with more and more services coming on line. As a result they have leased the land which was the short lived fuel terminal. Work is still in progress but the site is developing quite quickly.

A couple of views of the area concerned.

post-6849-0-09928900-1338151151.jpg

post-6849-0-77524300-1338151152.jpg

post-6849-0-70283700-1338151154.jpg

A washing plant has also been installed. Here the FGW 150 can be seen halfway through the cycle.

post-6849-0-38242900-1338151156.jpg

The area does not have fuelling facilities and is more of a stabling point, however the trains will be cleaned inside and out here overnight. Just awaiting some walkways and lights plus other clutter.

Thanks for looking

Scott

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention that Freghtliner 08530 was removed from Redbrook today, On a low loader off to be stored DHLT at an undisclosed location.

Pictured here passing its replacement, super shunter 60078.

post-6849-0-54123500-1338233488.jpg

Thats not the Oxford low loader, where did the trailer carrying the 08 come from?

Thats not the Oxford low loader, where did the trailer carrying the 08 come from?

Correct, its actually a SIKU trailer, it came as part of a set carrying a yacht, back when Redbrook was a dock area...

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott

My Office block arrived and the electricians have moved in

interior lights fitted and 2 of the outside ones they had to stop

because of the Hot weather photos to follow

How did you load the shunter onto the trailer was it by crane

and is it well secured only kidding

I like your Unit storage area

David

Hi David, That looks really good, very neat. It adds a whole new dimension to the model. I've never really thought about simulating night time operations but I bet that will look good in the dark with other lights on the layout.

Now theres a thought..

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

even just for the bacon sarnies!

I think I need to start charging!

I like the 'new(est)' reincarnation of the depot/freight loading area/fuel terminal, the stabling point is a good idea but I think you should include the single road shed as well, as it also would be a fuel supply for the stabled stock.

Good evening,

In true Bank Holiday style, engineering work has been taking place over the weekend.

A new loop has been installed, the loco stabling line was a dead end but has now been made into a loop, so it connects with platform 2. Used for stabling DMU's in between duties or for running around short freights.

The single line has now become a double track, which also meant I had to make a few adjustments in the fiddle yard so that all roads were accessable to the up and down.

post-6849-0-89537000-1338752613.jpg

Ian, the jury is still out regarding the single road shed, I know it will add more interest but I don't want to over crowd things. I'll ponder it over the rest of the weekend.

Got to go now the Apprentice final has just started.

## I've yet to ballast the track, I'm not leaving it like that! Just in case you were wondering..##

Hi Scott,

Wow fantastic, love the Colas 47 on TTA's you must be happy with the layout now? Going to reasd through the month or so I have missed after the Apprentice.

Hope all is well with you

Leon

Hi Leon, good to hear from you. The 47 on TTA's was a short lived service, although they may be seen on the odd occasion in the yard. I wouldn't say I'm happy with the layout yet. The backscene and scenery still bug me.

I have taken a picture of the single road shed in position, if I was going to have it as a permanent fixture then I would have two end on to eachother so that a 150 or similar would fit in.

The line this side of the shed will have a walkway to enable the cleaners/fitters to get easier access. I just need to order and build them. Could be a project for work.

The other option is to get a couple of Pikestuff single shed kits and do the same to give it a more modern feel.

Here are a couple of cruel images

post-6849-0-72472800-1338763497.jpg

post-6849-0-34925600-1338763499.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Archived