Mk1 Horsebox

Taz

• RMweb Gold

Surprised I haven't seen this anywhere else, but the latest Model Rail has an article on a new TMC commision.

Bachmann has been comissioned to produce the MK1 4 wheel horsebox, with availabilty in 2012.

Initially BR green and BR maroon versions will be available in both single and twin packs with weathered and unweathered finishes.

Prices from £19.99.

Very happy with this and my order will be going in soon :yahoo:

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 9

Guest stuartp

Blimey ! For once somebody announces something off the 'stuff to scratchbuild' pile before I've started work on it. Thanks !

Anyone else been to the TMC webpage, and found no mention of this yet?

Stewart

Could that be because FML are actually doing it instead?laugh1.gif (On second thoughts, theirs/ his would be in Freightliner livery - doh!)

Joking aside, a well rendered nagwagon will I'm sure prove a right winner, and no doubt inspire a thousand cameos! Well done TMC, good niche to spot in the market.

• Like 1

I hope they do those converted for engineers use as well, such as mess vans.

Shhhhhh! blink.gif

Don't tell 'em that Phil, I didn't realise I could justify getting one until your post.

And this way it means I get to research the blighters that ended up with the Scottish Engineers and do a bit modelling like yahoo.gif

After about 8 years prevaricating, I finally bit the bullet and detailed my first H/d/Wrenn body 4 weeks ago, closed up all the door gaps, flushglaze,respray etc., now this!!!! :bad: :bad: :bad:

cheers, Peter C.

• Like 1

Thanks for your efforts Pete. Now, that'll teach you! :laugh: ;)

Dave.

Fank yew, fank yew, fank yew! Hand for my next trick, I've started building a D11 Director! :pleasantry: :P

Cheers, Peter C.

Anyone else been to the TMC webpage, and found no mention of this yet?

Stewart

My dad emailed them last night to fnd out when you could order online and they replied to say that they will only take order by pohne for this - call 01947 896040 to order. I am not sure if they will add them to their webiste or not but if you want one pick up the phone.

My dad emailed them last night to fnd out when you could order online and they replied to say that they will only take order by pohne for this - call 01947 896040 to order. I am not sure if they will add them to their webiste or not but if you want one pick up the phone.

Spoke to TMC earlier and the models are now available to pre-order from their website - just ordered mine.

• RMweb Gold

However, their web ordering page doesn't seem to be secure (not using https) so I think I might have to order another way, just to be safe.

We are in the process of sorting out our new website but due to the high demand I've put them on the current website. There's a bit of info and some pics on there that I've thrown together. Phone orders welcome as always on 01947 894040.

All the best!

Chris Duncan

(TMC)

However, their web ordering page doesn't seem to be secure (not using https) so I think I might have to order another way, just to be safe.

New website coming in the next few weeks :)

Telephone orders always welcome on 01947 896040 :)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't in any way implying I didn't trust TMC but unfortunately you never can be 100% on what happens between your keyboard and the end recipient :)

As I always say you can't go wrong with the good old telephone. New website is being worked on everyday until it's up and running with all the products. The product transfer and image collection takes time. By the way if anyone has any decent pics of Horse Box Mk1's it would be greatly appreciated :)

• RMweb Premium

As I always say you can't go wrong with the good old telephone. New website is being worked on everyday until it's up and running with all the products. The product transfer and image collection takes time. By the way if anyone has any decent pics of Horse Box Mk1's it would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm sure you know the real thing is in the NRM Annexe at Shildon? If not is this any help? (Can I have one on order for being helpful ;)?)

Phil @36E

post-2326-0-20759600-1308080543_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

By the way if anyone has any decent pics of Horse Box Mk1's it would be greatly appreciated :)

If you don't have them already, would a set of BR official phots be beneficial?

If the proposed model is to be of original condition my prints may be of use. As you probably know the preserved examples have the later drop door and end strengthener modifications.

I also have a print of the inspection saloon version but I suspect you will not be offering that variation.

Cheers,

Porcy

• Like 1

...Anyway, a nice addition to the range of NPCCS (if I've got that right?)

Sorry it's analogue, Bromsgrove Models haven't got to it yet. (DC viz DCC) There's just one 'C' in NPCS.

I tempted to expand on that 'C', but time for bed said Zebedee. blink.gif

No it wouldn't be unusual, horse boxes ran to move stock around on an adhoc basis so you can also add the Parkside GWR and LNER boxes to the mix as well. I'll be adding to the backorders too! :yahoo:

Thanks for the info. And like would you usually see them coupled to the rear of a passenger express or branch service? Regardless, I'm thinking I'll put in an order today for the SR twin pack.