Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Hi Terry

The point levers are from Knightwing and are whitemetal and need painting. The only future plans are to finish what I've started! The station end that doesn't get photographed much is still very much a work in progress, and that's where I've spent a little time this weekend making some slight alterations and deciding on the next steps.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Just a few moments before the roast beef is ready so I thought I'd post what I've been up to.

As I mentioned last week I've been looking at the so far largely ignored station area at one end of the layout, and trying to decide on the next steps. So last weekend I added an extra 50mm of depth behind the overbridge to give room for some low relief buildings of some sort.

post-6922-0-69041100-1365358148.jpg

Here can be seen the extra bit added and the backboard moved back behind the bridge. On the far leftside of the bridge will be a low relief station entrance building fashioned from the leftover bits of the Peco kit that I used for the staff accommodation in the depot area. This will include an enclosed footbridge access  to the centre of the platform behind the bridge with (assumed off scene) stairs down to the platform.

post-6922-0-39992500-1365358162.jpg

post-6922-0-84130200-1365358177.jpg

These two views show the area above and behind the station that until now I couldn't decide what to do with. However, I will be ordering some ready to plonk stuff from Merseyside to create a hopefully believable scene with a bit of modification and addition.

This afternoon work has started on the station building so hopefully I'll remember to post as things come together.

Hi Ian

Looking good - and a great way to get a bit of extra space. I like the covered / painted black section after the bridge - I might use that idea when I get round to doing my corner bit.

I just hope that the boards are still going to be removable - you know how I always manage to de-rail things under there somehow.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

I just hope that the boards are still going to be removable - you know how I always manage to de-rail things under there somehow.

Phil

Oh yes the raised section will still be removable for emergencies!

Hi Ian,

Still looking really good. Is that a shelf I spy for storing stock when not on the layout? Can we see a wider shot of it please?

Keep the updates coming - it may inspire me to carry on with Buxstone...

Regards

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Glad to see progress on the station area. What has happened to the yellow safety lines ?

They started to lift so they came off! I was always not sure about them anyway as I thought they were a bit too wide, I will add them with paint when the time comes to tart up the platform area.

• RMweb Premium

Is that a shelf I spy for storing stock when not on the layout?

Thanks Jeff, yes that is a shelf I knocked up with MDF it holds about a dozen locos now, I'll get a pic next time I get up in the loft. Although this is it in a previous guise above the garage layout full of Lima locos!

post-6922-0-38327500-1365442342_thumb.jpg

Since this time it had to be cut down to fit in its current location and has been painted.

• RMweb Premium

Thats a little worrying about your yellow lines lifting off.

I first applied mine last Spring and as of yet all is okay. I hope mine don't lift as I think they are quite effective

Don't know if it was the way I put them down, but after a while they began to lift at all the joints between the individual sections and I got fed up rubbing them back down, so in the end I took them all up. As I said I felt they were a bit too wide anyway so will paint them on myself at some point.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Just come up from the conservatory workbench where I spent a couple of hours putting the final coat of paint on the sections of the Peco kit that will form the station building. Also constructed a foamboard box that I will clad in Wills sheeting before a paint job to represent the 'footbridge', bit late for a phot now but maybe tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Time to break cover with what I've been working on!

But first a pic of the loco shelf in its position in the loft as requested by Jeff.

post-6922-0-26938200-1365970984.jpg

As I said this was cut down to fit from the original in the garage and painted and also I added a dust cover.

On to the station building that has been put together slowly this week from bits of a Peco kit and odds and sods from the box of useful bits. I've added a pitched roof to the standard Peco building to give it a bit more height, and it still requires final painting as it is still in primer. The 'footbridge' access to the platform can also be seen protruding outwards behind the roadbridge and again this still needs finishing.

post-6922-0-94820800-1365971203.jpg

The next picture shows my first foray into the 'ready to plonk' world! The pub and newsagents shop are all that's left of the original 'Railway Terrace', as the row of small two up two down houses were demolished to make way for the smart new townhouses that you can see now. ;)

post-6922-0-91957200-1365971308.jpg

All the houses will have driveways and fences added in due course as well as other details with the roadway in front. Everything was plonked tonight to get an idea of how it will look.

post-6922-0-13462300-1365971326.jpg

Lastly another new arrival in the shape of a Class 101 DMU calling at the station with all the new scene behind. That's all for tonight but at least you can get an idea of what I've been planning over the last couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all

Its been about 6 weeks since I last posted, time flies eh?

No trains tonight but a few pics of the developments at the station end of the layout which has been slowly (very) moving on from bare chipboard!

post-6922-0-56243700-1369696980.jpg

post-6922-0-73833100-1369697000.jpg

A couple of overall views of the scene showing roadways in place and pavements positioned but not stuck down yet. Also the driveways of the new houses are still bare card at the moment. The platform fittings are only held in place with Blu-tac as well until I'm sure of their final locations.

post-6922-0-53868400-1369697015.jpg

Closer view of the station entrance building and footbridge to platform.

post-6922-0-21768300-1369697031.jpg

Lastly a close up of the lone passenger on the bench giving a good view of the nameboards etc.

Obviously still a lot to do starting with weathering of the road surface so its not so uniform. Not a lot of progress but it does show I'm still working! 

• RMweb Premium

Very nice Ian, 

ive probably missed it, but where did you get you modern houses from?

kind regards, bob

Thanks Bob

The modern houses are from the Bachmann range sourced via a well known Merseyside emporium.

Archived