Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Thanks mate

Its getting there slowly but I reckon it will be okay eventually. Are you available for the trip out with Nigel etc on the 12th by the way, should be a good day especially after the picture show in Salisbury the night before too?

Glad to see some yellow lines appearing.

The station area is really coming along now Ian, those yuppie houses are really effective.

Maybe the first one house could be a show home with all the trimmings that these places have ie, flags, flowers, signs etc, etc. With a few part built houses further down the road.

Cheers,

Matt.

Cracking progress report Ian,  :sungum: I see you have visited the brother in-law's shop  :imsohappy: those lamps and benches was constructed on the foundation of my request for my next venture!!!

Keep up the good work mate  8)

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Darren

Yes I visited the 'shop' shortly after your visit here and obtained lamps, seats, nameboards and platform end signs but have only just got around to putting them out on the platform. :rolleyes:  Could do with him making a platform shelter save me the bother!

Cheers Darren

Yes I visited the 'shop' shortly after your visit here and obtained lamps, seats, nameboards and platform end signs but have only just got around to putting them out on the platform. :rolleyes:  Could do with him making a platform shelter save me the bother!

Funny you should say that Ian, he has made 2 shelters for me in NSE red (what else  :locomotive: ) I will send you over some pictures to see what you think? he does not list them on his site but certain if you was interested he could help out?

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Ian,

The station area is looking great, I think your platform furniture looks great and I would say looks to be in the right areas. I think shirescenes do a shelter, it's a fold up etch from memory.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Ian,

as the others have said your station is looking great, the DMU taken in an earlier shot looks well at home at the platform. Great updates as always & looking forward to seeing more :)

All the best,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Funny you should say that Ian, he has made 2 shelters for me in NSE red (what else  :locomotive: ) I will send you over some pictures to see what you think? he does not list them on his site but certain if you was interested he could help out?

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

Evening Daz I'd be interested in having a look, but could he do them in Blue for me? Or is it possible to paint them myself?

What's happening with Shaftesbury Mk4 by the way?

Evening Daz I'd be interested in having a look, but could he do them in Blue for me? Or is it possible to paint them myself?

What's happening with Shaftesbury Mk4 by the way?

Hi Ian, that's fine I will ask him to send over a couple of pictures, and yes he can paint them any color you require.

Shaftesbury MK4 is out of the planning stage now, I must be honest most of my dosh has been going towards rolling stock at the moment when it should be on track?? when I think the time is good I will start a thread.

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Afternoon all,

Been a bit warm in the loft this week so turned my attention to a 'downstairs' project.

post-6922-0-14083500-1370791283.jpg

A three car rake of Bachmann NSE Mk2s arrived from Leaford for backdating like the Exford examples. All three in bits drying out in the sun this afternoon, just need a coat of matt varnish tomorrow and reassembly ready to return to Leaford later this week all being well.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Just caught the 'Leaford 3' starting their journey home tonight, followed by another interesting working. ;)

post-6922-0-39888300-1370895552.jpg

'Vanguard' provides the power for the ECS to Leaford yard, about to take the junction.

post-6922-0-56288000-1370895616.jpg

Side view of the train as it accelerates away makes the change of livery on the Bachmann coaches more obvious, when compared to the later Blue on the loco.

post-6922-0-36300700-1370895575.jpg

Soon after 47321 appeared with an unusual stone working for sea defence repairs around Dawlish. The train is formed of nine Yeoman wagons on loan from 'Melangoose'.

post-6922-0-06422200-1370895590.jpg

Another view caught side on as the train passes the signal centre.

Evening all

Just caught the 'Leaford 3' starting their journey home tonight, followed by another interesting working. ;)

attachicon.gif 244_50024+3_100613.jpg

'Vanguard' provides the power for the ECS to Leaford yard, about to take the junction.

attachicon.gif LeafordNSEcoaches_100613.jpg

Side view of the train as it accelerates away makes the change of livery on the Bachmann coaches more obvious, when compared to the later Blue on the loco.

attachicon.gif 245_47321Yeoman_100613.jpg

Soon after 47321 appeared with an unusual stone working for sea defence repairs around Dawlish. The train is formed of nine Yeoman wagons on loan from 'Melangoose'.

attachicon.gif 246_47321Yeomanside_100613.jpg

Another view caught side on as the train passes the signal centre.

Just caught up with this thread Ian.......the station area looks superb!! I love the town houses!! I may have missed it but what make are those platform seat's? I can't find any modern ones anywhere! Cheers, Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived