Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Hi SGJ and others the quick answer your question is no!

What with the real summer this year making the loft unwelcoming for most of the time and many other things taking up time, I've hardly been in the loft since May! I had planned on getting up there and posting an update this weekend but spent the time today on some workbench projects instead. Unfortunately our Broadband is less than reliable at the moment and disappears for hours on end so I didn't bother taking any pics to upload. It should be fixed and much faster apparently by next weekend so I'll hold off the update until then.

I will be getting the layout out of 'mothballs' and cleaning the track for a running session maybe next weekend, ahead of a probable RmWebber's meet up soon, and this should rekindle the fire to get the station end of the layout finished off. I've also purchased another Class 50 which will appear once it has been through the 'works'.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Having now calmed down after events by the seaside earlier today, (Oi Ginger, time to go!), I spent a little time posing some pics of the locos that have been on the workbench for most of this summer.

First up a loco that has been very slightly changed following a comment from 'PCM', lets see if he notices. :secret:

post-6922-0-75077000-1381007179.jpg

47142 emerges from the overbridge with a short freight for Tavistock Yard.

Next up a shunter that has finally been renumbered and weathered.

post-6922-0-59340000-1381007232.jpg

08953 heads to the fuel tank road to pick up the empties.

post-6922-0-16544600-1381007247.jpg

08953 again as it passes the camera.

Finally a loco that a few others have had a go at and this is my attempt to recreate it.

post-6922-0-59749000-1381007198.jpg

Ex-ScotRail 47706 crosses the Down Main with a Waterloo-Exeter service.

post-6922-0-06445000-1381007217.jpg

A second view after the scruffy loco passes the camera and heads to journeys end under the bridge. I decided to model this one as it arrived in the South in late 1991 so as to fit my timeframe, and hence it doesn't yet sport the NSE flashes, but has the patches where the ScotRail logos were painted out.

After a barren period for updates hopefully I should be posting more regularly in the coming months as I progress the station end of the layout and have some playtime in the loft now things have finally cooled off. Also I forgot to say that another Class 50 has arrived on the workbench and this morning it had its numbers and nameplates removed ready for its new identity, more soon.

Welcome back Ian,

Red bufferbeams, :locomotive: didn't remember straight away though. It looks good, nice weathering on the class 08 too.

Any Mule layout in your time period has too have 47706 I remember seeing the loco a number of times but never managed to get a pic, you have done a superb job mate, she looks the absolute dogs nuts the faded look and patch painted area look spot on. Looking forwards to seeing your class 50 I will try and dig out my pics of it.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Ian, have you considered putting a fan in at the apex of the roof so you can switch it on in summer to suck out the hot air? Depending on the design you might be able to do it without going outside and vent a hose through. Did something similar in a metal shed and putting it on ten minutes before going in made quite a difference.

Like the pics too ;)

Hi Ian

Like the pics 47706 looks fantastic, just as I remembered it.  Good luck with your 50019 Ramillies, (very loved up with my model, and is making me consider a location change for Russell Bridge 2) 

post-8832-0-06431700-1381311324_thumb.jpg

my model ticks over by the old signal box, as two shunters talk about their next move

Look forward to seeing your creation and having a running session sometime.

Nigel

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Martin

Actually just come down from the loft after a mammoth track cleaning session with the CMX machine at last! Another couple of workbench locos are nearing completion so there should be an update soon as well as a running session for all the locos and a bit of lubrication for some as they haven't moved much for months! Watch this space.

• RMweb Premium

Evening chaps

After what seems like an age the two locos are 'finished' that I have been very slowly working on, although when I say finished they still need weathering, but I thought I'd let you see them in their present state.

First cab off the rank is another 08, 08839 which was acquired recently to replace the RFD one that will be moving on. This has been renumbered to an 08 seen around Exeter at the right time.

post-6922-0-62538100-1384207058.jpg

Followed by three views of the latest 50 to join the Exford stable 50019 Ramilies. This obviously started life as 50008 but I have renumbered and renamed it after repainting the yellow fronts with a better shade of yellow. Then added the DCWA flashes under the cabsides plus the missing electrification and data panel transfers, and finally painted in the marker dots before giving a coat of Matt varnish.

post-6922-0-46525700-1384207077.jpg

post-6922-0-35351600-1384207094.jpg

post-6922-0-17913300-1384207109.jpg

Both will now be weathered quite heavily following photos of the real thing.

• RMweb Premium

Here you go.

Nice pic Pete, any idea of the date? I've found a few pics of it on the stabling point at Exeter as well as DVD footage, with a heavy coat of 'weathering' that I'll be using for inspiration to dirty Ramilies up soon.

http://www.class50.com/c50_zoom.php?img=1320021039000

http://www.class50.com/c50_zoom.php?img=1320020980000

Archived