Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Ian

Exford Park has to return I showed lots of people up the club who model in this time frame and want to see it

Don't worry it may well return in some form next year although it will need some modifying to fit its new home. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Ian

Very sad to hear exford is no more. Loft layouts are a pain to work on with heat, cold etc my layout is also no more for a couple of reasons.

1 : I lost interest

2 : I sold 95% of my stock

3 : the loft as become a dumping ground for 'stuff' as originally intended for what a loft is for.

And 4 : I just couldn't be bothered

I hope whatever plans you have all come good

All the best

Matt.

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

any plans for Exford to be resurrected?

Hi Martin funny you should ask plans are afoot! I should have a shed in place in the next few weeks that it will fit into. I haven't yet decided whether to resurrect the loft layout that is still in the garage propped against the wall or make a fresh start and build it better. Watch this space!

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Well small steps but the resurrection is under way at last!

post-6922-0-53919400-1493744705.jpg

The start of the big hole earthworks to create the site for the 'big'(ish) shed! Builder finally arrived this morning two weeks and two hours late with his mini-digger to create the base for the layout's new home, oh and a patio for the new authorities. Three truck loads removed so far.

I'll keep you informed, just not everyday as there's not much railway interest at this point, but Exford is on the way back.

Hi Martin funny you should ask plans are afoot! I should have a shed in place in the next few weeks that it will fit into. I haven't yet decided whether to resurrect the loft layout that is still in the garage propped against the wall or make a fresh start and build it better. Watch this space!

If you have the cash you're probably better off starting afresh and applying learning from Exford but there was nothing wrong with Exford and it will be quicker to install and refresh what you had. All depends on money and how happy you were with Exford as it was.

Evening all

Well small steps but the resurrection is under way at last!

attachicon.gifearthworks_170502.jpg

The start of the big hole earthworks to create the site for the 'big'(ish) shed! Builder finally arrived this morning two weeks and two hours late with his mini-digger to create the base for the layout's new home, oh and a patio for the new authorities. Three truck loads removed so far.

I'll keep you informed, just not everyday as there's not much railway interest at this point, but Exford is on the way back.

Slightly different scale of engineering to the usual woodwork pictures.

How big is the shed going to be and are you planning on a garden railway too?  :O

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Slightly different scale of engineering to the usual woodwork pictures.

How big is the shed going to be and are you planning on a garden railway too?  :O

Phil

Big enough and no I hadn't!

Are you gracing the UK with your presence at the moment then?

Oh and the hole got a lot bigger yesterday!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well it poured it down overnight so we are letting things dry out, breakfast is on the way and then I think we are going to need a sit down for a bit ;)

Son of shed to assemble, for some gardening tools whatever they are, and then felting the Exford shed :)

Archived