Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

Ian, the shed is excellent, and the building work ditto, but not to put a downer on proceedings, and obviously I don't know the full layout of the garden. but having the layout in this type of shed, will it be secure? the door way looks hidden from neighbours view so if some scrote was to try and get in, will it all be safe.

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

So 5 months (really?) on where are we?

Although Exford Park still exists in storage in the garage for two years now, the new home for my permanent layout is now ready and I have decided to start again and make full use of the space available rather than just resurrect the 'old'.

post-6922-0-22642800-1508708046.jpg

The shed in place complete with doubleglazed windows and security door.

post-6922-0-78557100-1508707960.jpg

Inside fully insulated and lined, painted and carpeted.

post-6922-0-23336800-1508707968.jpg

Looking back to the doorway.

All I need now is for the electrician to turn up when he says he will to connect up the underground cable, and provide lighting and sockets. Then I have the winter evenings to start construction of the 'New Exford', and Tidworth can be set up semi permanently in the garage for 'refreshing' before next years exhibition schedule. I'm going to be busy, so don't expect rapid progress in the shed this side of Christmas but once I have a definite plan settled I'll start a new thread for it's construction.

I hope to see some of you next weekend in Weymouth when Tidworth is out again.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

So 5 months (really?) on where are we?

Although Exford Park still exists in storage in the garage for two years now, the new home for my permanent layout is now ready and I have decided to start again and make full use of the space available rather than just resurrect the 'old'.

attachicon.gifshed.jpg

The shed in place complete with doubleglazed windows and security door.

attachicon.gifshed1.jpg

Inside fully insulated and lined, painted and carpeted.

attachicon.gifshed2.jpg

Looking back to the doorway.

All I need now is for the electrician to turn up when he says he will to connect up the underground cable, and provide lighting and sockets. Then I have the winter evenings to start construction of the 'New Exford', and Tidworth can be set up semi permanently in the garage for 'refreshing' before next years exhibition schedule. I'm going to be busy, so don't expect rapid progress in the shed this side of Christmas but once I have a definite plan settled I'll start a new thread for it's construction.

I hope to see some of you next weekend in Weymouth when Tidworth is out again.

You've forgotten the fridge, sink and central heating mate!  :laugh:

As an ex Estate Agent, that looks better than some of the houses I tried to sell!

• RMweb Gold

You've forgotten the fridge, sink and central heating mate! :laugh:

As an ex Estate Agent, that looks better than some of the houses I tried to sell!

Plenty of hot air available when the crew turn up to play ;)

• RMweb Premium

I am sure you can salvage some parts of it and the new build will be better.

Thanks Pete. I hope the new build will be better, I can but try. I'll reuse as much as I can but certainly the sheds and the signal centre will make a reappearance, as well as a few new ideas to fill the space. When are you over again to inspect?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all,

So after exhibiting Tidworth yesterday for the last time this year and planting lots of daffs in the garden this morning, thought turned to the shed this afternoon. The electrician did his stuff a couple of weeks ago and the shed now has power and 3 five foot LED light fittings, so today was the day I evicted all the spiders from Exford Park and moved it to the shed!

Ah the memories..........

post-6922-0-72998400-1510508174.jpg

post-6922-0-37772200-1510508189.jpg

post-6922-0-62776300-1510508201.jpg

post-6922-0-18593800-1510508219.jpg

post-6922-0-03885500-1510508236.jpg

As you can see the layout will fit the shed comfortably as intended, although the decision has been taken to start again in the shed and utilise the space more efficiently, so these maybe the last pics of Exford Park as we know it. The track and electrics will be stripped and as much reused as possible including the chipboard baseboards for the fiddle yard.

Now that Exford has been shifted from the garage the plan is to get the floor painted and all the crap organised leaving room to erect Tidworth for the winter for some remedial works and playdays, watch this space or possibly a new space!

Evening all,

So after exhibiting Tidworth yesterday for the last time this year and planting lots of daffs in the garden this morning, thought turned to the shed this afternoon. The electrician did his stuff a couple of weeks ago and the shed now has power and 3 five foot LED light fittings, so today was the day I evicted all the spiders from Exford Park and moved it to the shed!

Ah the memories..........

attachicon.gifExfordshed1.jpg

attachicon.gifexfordshed2.jpg

attachicon.gifexfordshed3.jpg

attachicon.gifexfordshed4.jpg

attachicon.gifexfordshed5.jpg

As you can see the layout will fit the shed comfortably as intended, although the decision has been taken to start again in the shed and utilise the space more efficiently, so these maybe the last pics of Exford Park as we know it. The track and electrics will be stripped and as much reused as possible including the chipboard baseboards for the fiddle yard.

Now that Exford has been shifted from the garage the plan is to get the floor painted and all the crap organised leaving room to erect Tidworth for the winter for some remedial works and playdays, watch this space or possibly a new space!

Hi Ian

Really good to see again, if only temporarily before being dismantled. Many happy memories of running sessions, even though I never got the hang of the points and route setting...... and still haven't!

At least you'll have more headroom in the shed!

Phil

Archived