Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Can we have a roster of locomotives on Exford Park please?

Regards

Jeff

Hi Jeff

You asked once before, check post 564 on page 23 for what you're after.

I have recently updated it so it is the current state of play.

Hi Pete

Unfortunately the running day in May is Saturday 10th and is scheduled to be one of the Slugs I'm afraid, however, that weekend is the Swanage gala and there a couple of 50s in attendance there. Us fellas will probably be making a visit on the Friday if you're over by then?

Hi Ian,

I don't arrive until Saturday so hope to get to Swanage on the Sunday.

Your DMUs look good, I have put some Craftsman DMU vac and multiple working pipes on my units, they look pretty good.

Cheers Peter. 

• RMweb Premium

Wonderful work. Which lighting kit was used for the bubble? I really must get mine sorted.

Hi Dave

This link takes you to the fella I purchased the lighting kits from, although when I bought them they were only head and tail lights but now he seems to have added internal lights too. The kits I bought were only £10 each though.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Black-Cat-Technology/OO-Gauge-Loco-DMU-lighting-/_i.html?_fsub=992066017

• 2 weeks later...

Always nice to see some first generation DMU action, I always did like bubbles!

Funny isn't it, we used to go out on Anglia rovers travelling around on 101s and 105s, and I have to confess to not being best pleased at the time but would love to go back to those days now!

• RMweb Premium

Hi Matt

Are you talking about these ones from some time back?

post-6922-0-27954700-1395180846.jpg

post-6922-0-20277200-1395180860.jpg

These vans are actually on long term loan from Leaford. ;)

Blimey! Just realised those pics are 4 years old now! :O

Hi Matt

Are you talking about these ones from some time back?

attachicon.gif44_37670Vans_210410.JPG

attachicon.gif46_37670_210410.JPG

These vans are actually on long term loan from Leaford. ;)

Yes, thank you Ian, they're the ones. Nice to know my memory's still vaguely working. Out of interest, who are they by?

I think either Electrotren or Jouef.

Quite tempted by these to add to a ferry set. Does that mean HO rather than OO then? If so it doesn't look too noticable although i'm guessing putting them next to OO cargowaggons/vgas isn't advised?!

Thanks

Out of interest then and appealing the wider rmweb knowledge (sorry Ian, I don't mean to hijack the thread) how do the Roco VTG ferry wagons fair when placed on an OO layout? As much as I'd like the Jouef wagons, the Roco type seem more readily available. But because of the wagon type and already having a Heljan cargowaggon I'm worried the scale difference may ge too noticeable in a 'mixed freight'.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Its been a while since this was on the first page, but yesterday myself and another two of RMweb's finest actually ran some trains on Exford for the first time in several months! Between us we didn't take any pics at the time but this evening I thought I'd record the first runs of a new item of stock and use it as an excuse to update the thread.

post-6922-0-20451200-1413826150.jpg

A 'thumper' unit appears at Exford Park for the first time in a curious livery of the future!  ;)

post-6922-0-71635100-1413826158.jpg

The unit is seen now passing the signal centre.

post-6922-0-03243500-1413826166.jpg

Lastly it is captured pausing at Exford Park station during its extended running in session.

The thumper was purchased last week mainly to see use on Tidworth as it is an essential piece of rolling stock for that layout, but unfortunately it seems unlikely to appear in a 3 car guise or NSE so I took the plunge. However, it will be going away to have a centre coach added and be repainted into NSE livery before it makes an appearance at the first exhibition (hopefully). It was a good day just running trains again on Exford after a long time especially as the layout's future is in doubt at the moment. Thanks for a good day Scott & Stu.

Evening all

Its been a while since this was on the first page, but yesterday myself and another two of RMweb's finest actually ran some trains on Exford for the first time in several months! Between us we didn't take any pics at the time but this evening I thought I'd record the first runs of a new item of stock and use it as an excuse to update the thread.

attachicon.gif275_205_201014.jpg

A 'thumper' unit appears at Exford Park for the first time in a curious livery of the future!  ;)

attachicon.gif276_205Box_201014.jpg

The unit is seen now passing the signal centre.

attachicon.gif277_205Sta_201014.jpg

Lastly it is captured pausing at Exford Park station during its extended running in session.

The thumper was purchased last week mainly to see use on Tidworth as it is an essential piece of rolling stock for that layout, but unfortunately it seems unlikely to appear in a 3 car guise or NSE so I took the plunge. However, it will be going away to have a centre coach added and be repainted into NSE livery before it makes an appearance at the first exhibition (hopefully). It was a good day just running trains again on Exford after a long time especially as the layout's future is in doubt at the moment. Thanks for a good day Scott & Stu.

Hi Ian

Very nice, love the thumper stunning good to see pictures of Exford Park again  :sungum:

Will you be doing the works on the thumper? I have a three car 207 on order from Britannia pacific models also in NSE livery as I could not wait any longer for the Bachmann offering  :no:

Any way look forward to the updates take care

Darren NSE DAZ

Evening all

It was a good day just running trains again on Exford after a long time especially as the layout's future is in doubt at the moment.

its good to see the layout again.

hope it stays around for a while longer

Thanks Ian for a top day yesterday. Now at least I know what some buttons on a DCC controller do.

The plan book has been opened and pencil sharpened. Just have layout designers block if there is such a thing. DCC for Christmas for me.

Cheers,

Stu.

I'd be interested in knowing how you are going to do the centre car.  A 4EPB jroject that never finished involved me using some Replica bodyshells.  In hindsight, I think that using cut n shut EPB shells may have been a better idea.  

A project I will be looking forward to seeing, i'd quite like a thumper but all the liveries released just haven't suited me.  

Sorry to hear that the layout's future is in doubt.  It is a super layout.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all,

I thought I'd use the 33 from Campbell Rd running in turn on Exford to get the thread back up.

post-6922-0-66225100-1418079594.jpg

33029 is seen slowing in front of the Exford Signal Centre after its run to Laira and back. (Okay I put a chip in it and gave it a good run in both directions!)

post-6922-0-63695400-1418079610.jpg

The Crompton is now seen awaiting fuelling at Exford Park before its run back to Eastleigh on Wednesday evening.

This may well be the layout's swansong as it is going to have to come out of the loft in the New Year and either be placed into store in the hope of space being available for it again, broken up or maybe sold to a good home if an acceptable offer is received. However, all the stock will be kept and will make appearances on Tidworth once its up and running as an exhibition layout.

It looks at home in the West country, will be a shame when Exford Park closes. There's only a small re-fuel facility at Tidworth and even less maintenance support facilities..

Looking forward to getting it back. Just need to build the layout now!

Archived