Battersea Stewarts Lane - London

Shedmaster

Dave

That Pullman car and duff look very cheeky inside your shed!

I was thinking the other day that I would love to had a full rake of Pullmans and a filthy RES spoon at the sharp end!

Would it be sacreligious to weather those coaches as they look so beautiful?

Maybe a light dusting of rusty brown for brake dust?

Keep up the good work!

Trev

ps. Congratulations on your new arrival!

Trev,

Many Thanks.

I can make the most of having these Pullmans absolutely gleaming, fresh from the paint shop. I've moved stuff around in the lane over the years that you could literally eat your dinner off and so have a good excuse for not weathering our new arrival. In contrast, I've pulled stuff out of those sheds that has just sat there for years, for whatever reason, and you need to be wearing goggles for all the dust that blows off em'.

I'll be weathering our RES spoon though.........I don't think I've ever used a spruced up Loco. for pulling this train !

i have just had a thought about the way your using your fishplates as you said you didnt want any wires showing, you have come up with a great way of hiding it however... im not sure about other depots but i work at ramsgate depot in kent for southeastern and there are 2 "jumper cables" that "back up" the fishplates.

i will see if i can get a picture for you.

keep up the great work i lhave enjoyed watching this peice of art progress

kye

Thanks for your comments kye, I have seen this done done in various places and will be adding the wires accross my rails after all - so a piccy or two would be really helpful.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Congratualtions on your new arrival.

Its always good to catch up with your progress even if you won't have much time on it now for a while but it will be worth it in the end there is no point in rushing it when your putting so much effort into all the detail. I have seen those Pullams on their stand at Glasgow and they do look exquisite close up, shame about the price of each one but you don't get quality like that unless you pay for it. The new 47 looks the part to. I like the EWS livery on the Duffs near the end of their careers with them as they were not so well cared for which adds to the appeal of them.

Keep up the good work as and when iyou can.

thanks,

Mark

• 4 months later...

Hello Dave

Found this thread after googling "working roller doors in 00 gauge" and I've just spend a couple of hours reading from page 1. What can one say, apart from WOW !!!

The depot buildings are suberb and a real credit to the guys in York and the work and attention to detail you've put in is simply mindblowing. I've got a plan to build a fictitous modern deisel depot loosely based on a cross between Eastliegh KRS/Kingmoor and you've just upped my level of which I'd have to build at!

Note you haven't posted since August last year, have you done any more?

I think I'll have to speak to Mr Harvey about working doors so like others have commented, very interested to see how that all goes.

Regards

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

In response to a steady stream of interest regarding my project, Battersea Stewarts Lane, I realise that I should at least raise a hand and say "Yep, I'm still here".......just.

I have been a little BIG bit tied up with family commitments( 2nd baby in August 2011 ) and work life( MPV Driving for the Sandite/De-Icing season ), and this has really taken my focus away from my project. ( plus inadvertantly starting a full scale interstellar war, well, I might as flamin' well have done !!! )

I hadn't realised there had been postings on my pages as recently as January this year, even though I have been checking in to the site fairly regularly and drooling over some other peoples stunning work. Thankyou for your interest.....

Well now, so back to the project......

post-7088-0-16568100-1328229345.jpg

post-7088-0-66381600-1328229370.jpg

post-7088-0-24100200-1328229432.jpg

I've had a little trip back to the drawing board and my official copy of the original builders floor plan, including the wheel lathe !

post-7088-0-53339800-1328229477.jpg

To put it simply, I'm having a ponder as to how to get back into the project and produce some quality results, inspired by projects such as this http://www.rmweb.co....springs-branch/

As soon as I can get my focus back online, I hope to have something to show again soon.......

Kindest Regards for 2012,

Shed.

• 2 years later...

I. Sure there was an update elsewhere about this project

Hi guy's, I did relaunch the project here.......: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53188-73a-stewarts-lane-depot-battersea/

The project is definately still going strong as I hope you'll see ?

Any replies to the new thread please......

Many Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Archived