Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Leon

Glad I can be of assistance Leon, thats the great thing about RMweb. I like the different view of the bridge and shunter, once again it gives a good feling of space. I know what you mean about toning down of the greenery, I was thinking that mine looks far to green at the moment, I'll be interested to see how you get on with it. Hope you're going to be putting a bus or coach on the bridge.. :D

Cheers

Scott

Hi Leon,

Just been catching up on your thread, the layout is looking great.B) I like the pic with the class 60 on the tanks. I really like those wagons but can't really get away with using them on Llanbourne.

Your greenery looks ok to me, but I found toning it down by dry brushing a bit of pale yellow or light brown paint might help. I often add greenery and leave it for a few days then end up removing a few bits.

Cheers Peter.

Having been spured on by Scotts recent work on Bocott Ive tried to push on and complete the few areas untouched on the layout, all in all there is not that much more to cove, then I can start to improve the quality of the layout and start running some trains. I have started to cover the embankment that runs from the depot to the headshunt, I will then complete the M4 overbridge. An 09 stands under the motorway waiting for the shunter to switch the points. the grass and scrub still has the to new look about it yet and will be toned down at some point.

Thanks for looking

Leon

Hi Leon,

Liking the new pics!

The first picture with your road overbridge kinda reminds me of Ebbw Vale.

The Tug looks good on the tanks by the way.

Trev

I like the 4th pic with the 09 at a distance. As has been said already, it really gives a feeling of space, Who make the concrete reinforcement embankment panels that are visible in this shot please?

Also I was reading your posts about rolling roads. Is there any way you can make a temporary loop at the end of your layout (bypassing the water tank of course!). Maybe something you could assemble now and again to make loop for running in and allowing freight trains to stretch their legs on the layout? just a thought.

Guy

Hi Guy, the concrete bridge support I made from plastic "for sale" signs sprayed with grey primer, graffiti to be added next. I did think about making it a loop but would need a lot of work building a frame to run it on. That end of the atic is an awkward shap with not much room. Rolloing road will be less time and money I guess.

looking good Leon , i`m with pitbull..great pics showing the 09 with over- bridge ,not cluttered with a great sense of `space` ..the scenary looks fine , you can always keep adding bits or paint areas ect .. get those `slugs` ..they will fit in well :D ..cheers YVM..

Thanks Dave and YVM, the slugs are on the list, waiting for Kernow to get them then a Railfreight Metals and Railfreight will be working out of the Yard. Not eating this month to hold back the £170 needed...lol

Still in the box 37800 leaves the yard heading for the mainline and then back to Bocott...!

post-5554-0-30596400-1294953411_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-49868400-1294953444_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Right, the last pic shows tthe unfinished bridge and embankment so back up there for an hour or so...I will leave you with a shed on the 100t tanks and some more tractor action on the coals...

post-5554-0-02926100-1294953620_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-26240700-1294953652_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-39142700-1294953690_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-86219500-1294953714_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-96820800-1294953754_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Leon

Looks like the Welsh rain has cleaning properties if that arrival from Bocott is anything to go by.;)

Haven't commented on your layout for a while but its coming on superbly and I know what you mean about others spurring you on, I've just come down from the loft myself as Scott is putting me to shame with his progress recently.:O

Oh sorry Guy, I thought that afterwards, there from a company on the net called unit models, I was on there site getting extractor fans for the depot that a fellow user on here told me about. Really good website and good prices. If you buy them unpainted they are half the price at £1.50, I have just used grey prmer to represent concrete then I will just dust them down with some powders and add some grass/weeds. They are molded plastic, Ive not seen many layouts with them so thought it would be a bit different.

Cheere

Leon

• Like 1

Thanks Rob, but remember your layout is fine, you can always add and change things over time until you are happy. At times I wish I never had this layout...lol, we will have to arrange a run on there one day, you can bring some locos and units down with you...

All the best.

• Like 1

hey leon

ta my layout is fine, :) tho like all is never finish lol sometime just want to start all over again . hmm there a idea. see all the lovey layouts on here allway give me ideas . as does the really railway.

that would be cwl:) tho are very busy at the mo with work :( and helping out at forst of dean railway. :) it like having second layout lot of work to do there

regard

rob :)

Hi,

It's a matterof just writing underneath the photo, there's I believe no way of adding captions to photos. We did have a way of doing it on the old forum, but I'm not sure whether Andy's going to bring it back.

A very nice layout by the way!

Simon

Hi Leon,

37800 has arrived safely back at Bocott, ready for weekend engineering works! It's got dirtier again though...

The tanks look good, something I haven't got on mine, I'll add it to the list.

Simon has given the same answer I was going to give, just post the pic individually and write above or below each one...

Glad Unit models came up trumps for you, they do have some good stuff..

Have a good weekend, I'm off so hopefully I can get some work done too..

Cheers

Scott

Looking forward to seeing some new pics Scott..No pressure. Done a little this evening whilst Mrs B was out. Built and fixed some of the frame to support the embankment between the road and depot so hopefully grass will grow there soon. Added a few extractor fans to some warehouse buildings.

Managed to hook the two 37/8s together in a consit, double heading the coal train back up the Valleys helps them get over the dodgy electrics on the pointwork, when the one stalls the other still has power and pushes them on...lol not ideal practice and something that will need looking at. 37800 still dead, the decoder that I asked Hattons to send out with the loco is a 21 pin, just noticed the Vi is an 8 pin...Oh well need to buy a new loco now to use the 2 pin...

Done my first real shunting with the 09, hooked up a few HEAs and a couple of VGA's from the steelworks the form the Speedlink service. Ran pretty well considering no train has been run in yet and the whole layout is covered in fibre's and paint..

Took pics but found out the laptop with the SD card reader has a flat battery and this all singing Macbook feels the need not to have one so pics of the great shunt to follow..

All the best and thanks for looking..

Leon

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening all, some oil spill arrived from Geoscenics the other day, looks very realistic. Class 60 starts up ready for it 100t oil train from the docks. 37898 arrives for fuel after working a heavy coal train to the nearby docks. Lastly 60062 draws its train under the gas pipe still under construction.

post-5554-0-30235800-1296415968_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-65915000-1296416000_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-95630100-1296416025_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-03511400-1296416127_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-80608500-1296416202_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-05224700-1296416292_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-37701500-1296416488_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Incredible Leon. Just incredible.

You inspired me to purchase 37800 and 37201 recently. Don't have any stock or a layout to run them on...but you inspired me to buy them! It always fascinates me to read this thread from front to back! Awesome work. Keep it up!

• Like 1