Leon

Thanks Georgie, good to see you back on yours..... Im having a few days away from it now, had too much false lighting and areosols the lastweek.

My wife was showing everyone the photo's of my layout the other night and seen my one with the knightwing fuel point and said OMG theres even a bus stop....! classic.

I like the fuel point addition on Springs, George.

• Like 1

Pic of the week, WELL DESERVED! Well its got me looking at the Sector period again and with your tasty weathering its on the cards that Dees Dale will be three tone grey. Ive just picked up a RES 47 so that will go nicely with the sector livery. The low level shots are the answer to a great photo and yours are spot on mate. Well done again. 

Sorry Richard, did see but yes forgot to reply, No Simon, the platform was by Ten Commandments and I hated every minute of building it, stuck all my fingers together and in the end Lisa had to help me finish it....Ive not even attempted to put the wheels on yet....

Hopefully there will be ready made ones soon, maybe Bachmann can make one...

hey leon

thanks r ok with me , sadly havent dont much on my layout :( just to work n hoildays ,but have join the forst of dean railway as member :)

your layout just keep geting better n better, wish i could have a play on it :)

i love the pic of the week got the 90s feel about it :)

love to see more of them

hope all well with u :)

cant wait to what u doing next on your layout

rob :)

Hello Richard, yes they also do a few other usefull bits for depot area's like I said though the platform was very awkward to build. Tricky to fold and glue. Is your layout on here?

Regards, Leon.

For authentic operation of a blue 56 you can only model 56004-the only 'Grid' in BR blue in service by the mid 90s wink.gif

Regards

Lewis

Nice one Lewis that saves me alot of researching, was it ever based or worked around the South Wales area? I do remember seeing a few blue 56 on Iron Ore tippers between PT and Llanwern but I was young then and never took any dates or numbers...My house backed onto the south wales mainline in Cardiff when freight was busier, wish I could go back to the 80,90s much more interesting mixed freight trains.

Now did Hornby ever produce a DCC ready one......

yes and no :lol: if its a blue Grid your after Hornby did release one (56013 to be exact)

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/images/reviews/r2645-br-blue-class-56.jpg

Although, Sadly it is not suitable for renumber as 56004 was rebuilt in 1984 after a collision meaning it gained British style cabs despite being Romanian built... However it did wear BR blue its entire career right up until its eventual scrapping in 2005..... What a trooper ;)

Yeah to make an acurate model of 56004 then some sort of cab rebuilding would be needed,56004 may have operated in South Wales when in EWS ownership-1996 onwards but before that I dont know.A much easier method would to take a Hornby model of a UK built loco(eg 56128 R2647) and repaint it to BR blue,an easy job as it is just all blue bar cab ends and then number 56004.By 1996 I think it had lost one of its BR logos-there is a good piture of 56004 in the train crazy book 'Class 56 Pictorial'.

Regards

Lewis

Maybe I will model 56013 then seen as its pretty much ready, however can only find a few pics of it , was trying to find a pic of it around Wales. In one pic its on its side in a hedge ! Why did Hornby produce this one? It looks like it never got up to much except crashing.....

leon, now matter what Livery 56 you pick it will be a smashing loco :) the new Hornby ones are the dogs ;)

this grid is definately next on my workbench:

http://philtpics.fotopic.net/p65837697.html

got the Wolverhampton steel terminal nameplates already just gotta pick up Hornby's 56059.... should be a straight forward re-number from there B)

leon, now matter what Livery 56 you pick it will be a smashing loco smile.gif the new Hornby ones are the dogs wink.gif

this grid is definately next on my workbench:

http://philtpics.fot.../p65837697.html

got the Wolverhampton steel terminal nameplates already just gotta pick up Hornby's 56059.... should be a straight forward re-number from there cool.gif

Not a great place for a name to go ???

Deffo need some more 56's thou, there were plenty of steel ones in South Wales. Maybe a few coal to..