Leon

Morning all, I am at last getting around to purchasing a sound chip. I have heard a lot said about Legomanbiffo and have viewed many of his Youtube vids. Has anyone here got any? I am not sure weather to chip my new unchipped Metal 37/5, Hornby Class 56 or 60, they all sound great. Is it also through the DC website they need  to be purchased not direct from Legoman himself?

Many thanks

Leon

Hi Leon

Biffs chips are really good. I have one of his 08 chips and it is quality.

You can get them through DC Kits.

Trev

Hi Leon

Biffs chips are really good. I have one of his 08 chips and it is quality.

You can get them through DC Kits.

Trev

Morning all, I am at last getting around to purchasing a sound chip. I have heard a lot said about Legomanbiffo and have viewed many of his Youtube vids. Has anyone here got any? I am not sure weather to chip my new unchipped Metal 37/5, Hornby Class 56 or 60, they all sound great. Is it also through the DC website they need  to be purchased not direct from Legoman himself?

Many thanks

Leon

I have a couple of his 37 chips and they are superb Leon, great controllability! I will be getting one for my 60 also soon.

Cheers

Arnie

Thanks both for the info, I will call them and decide on 37,56 or 60. Do they come ready to go? i.e speaker and everything included in the price.

Cheers

Leon

Don't know about Biff's chips, but the loksound decoder I bought last week came with the speaker etc.

What was missing was guidance on how to fix the speaker into the chassis - I ended up going with doublesided tape on the rear of the speaker fixing it to the inside top of the engine body.

Matt

What loco was the loksound for Matt, any good deals to be had?

It was a GBRf Class 66 ( http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69236-appleford-junction-was-redcot/page-3&do=findComment&comment=1064857 ) and I got it from Lord and Butlers' in Penarth for £98 - works brilliantly, no complaints here.

I had an issue with it when I first tried to change some of the CVs using JMRI and a MERG CanCMD, however this was "pilot error" - I wasn't running the correct firmware on my CanCMD which threw the chip completely!

Ah right, i was down there on the wknd. I will see what they got. Going to have a read through the thread you sent. Cheers.

Leon

Heh, that thread could take some time and most of it will be irrelevant by the time I actually build the layout!

The main thing of interest to you is probably the vid4eo on the linked post - it shows off the sounds of the 66 chip (even if it is recorded on my phone!)

I think the colours fine . Yards are often all versions if brown through black, it's the mainlines that seem to keep the ballast colour better

Thanks Rob, that is a good point, I agree Yards are less maintained I guess. Cheers Marcus will have aqick look now before work.

Hi Leon,

I am still fairly new to DCC and sound, I bought a Biffo sound chip from DC kits, class 33. It comes with a speaker wired to the decoder so its just a case of finding room to put the speaker. The Digitrains Zimo sound is pretty good too. With them you choose your decoder then choose the sound you want plus your choice of speaker.The decoder has two wires coming from it which you solder to the speaker. I emailed them and they were very helpful with what to use on what loco. I have also emailed Legomanbiffo about some reblows he is also very helpful.

I also think you ballast looks fine.

Cheers Peter. 

Many thanks

Leon

Hi Leon,ive got few "biffo" 37/4 sound chips,and few of his 37/0 sounds,very impressed how loud they are!! without it effecting the running of the loco :no: Ive also bought few days ago 37 V4 sound from Loco line,which im well pleased with too,you can find this sound "37" on youtube (high elms) layout.... :sungum:

Bit of a workbench project going on, Improving the motorways on the layout. Currently building a gantry. Couple more days and hopefully can be put in place. The signs will be printed off on photograpic card in work tomorrow.

post-5554-0-11888200-1372019574_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-73867800-1372019593_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-03668500-1372019611_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-40824600-1372019636_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-13601100-1372019654_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-85301500-1372019674_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Dave, Arnie it's just scratch built from plasticstruct bits picked up pretty cheap then blasted with Grey primer. Marcus then very kindly produced the scale signage soon to be applied. Have to say his work is fantastic.

Cheers all.

Thanks Dave, Arnie it's just scratch built from plasticstruct bits picked up pretty cheap then blasted with Grey primer. Marcus then very kindly produced the scale signage soon to be applied. Have to say his work is fantastic.

Cheers all.

Cheers Leon, may have to have ago at knocking one up myself at some point.

Cheers Terry,

The decals are great and are produced by Marcus of Godfrey Road, Made to the excact size and colour. Well worth the money if you require anything drop him a message, fantastic value.

I have cut out the signs and attached, the two speed restrictions are on self adehsive pads to give a more 3D look.

Next step is to finish the road surface and place the gantry. I am also going to put lighting above to light up the signs.

post-5554-0-57829800-1372187064_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Next project 37514 to 37712 has changed to 37711. It looks like I have purchased 37712 in its Petroleum livery so 514 will now become 711' good job I never ordered those Cardiff Rod Mill plaques.

37514 is seen with Thornaby mate 506 on MGR,s and along case study 37711.

Motorway gantry back in the attic, still more to complete motorway.

Thanks for the interest and comments everyone.. Much appriciated.

post-5554-0-72881500-1372189620_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-26087400-1372189635_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-46232300-1372189660_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-60436800-1372189683_thumb.jpg

post-5554-0-16020500-1372189707_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Next project 37514 to 37712 has changed to 37711. It looks like I have purchased 37712 in its Petroleum livery so 514 will now become 711' good job I never ordered those Cardiff Rod Mill plaques.

37514 is seen with Thornaby mate 506 on MGR,s and along case study 37711.

Motorway gantry back in the attic, still more to complete motorway.

Thanks for the interest and comments everyone.. Much appriciated.

To make your 37514 into 37712 Leon,you wil have to fil in one of the 37 side windows... :no:

About to start to fill the side window and steps on 514. Not going fo a whole re paint hopefilly I can touch up the area...Fingers crossed. Need to order "Tremorfa Steelworks" plates and more BDA's to pull. Not chipped yet as I may go for a sound chip at last..If the windows go ok the two Coal 37/8's will have there's filled.

• Like 2