Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hi Kevin,

I have had a quick look through your thread again as I was asked about weathering and I use your fabulous guide.

As I went through I found this picture of 2 pallet vans

post-6849-12657511993937_thumb.jpg

I have a couple of these but the couplings make them a ridiculous distance apart. Can I ask what method you have used to get them to couple closer?

Many thanks

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

I have had a quick look through your thread again as I was asked about weathering and I use your fabulous guide.

As I went through I found this picture of 2 pallet vans

post-6849-12657511993937_thumb.jpg

I have a couple of these but the couplings make them a ridiculous distance apart. Can I ask what method you have used to get them to couple closer?

Many thanks

Jeff

I can't answer for Kevin but I used to couple mine into semi permanent rakes using a simple wire connector between vans. Seemed to work OK for me but it might not be much advantage if you have really tight curves.

regards

Roger

• Like 1

I can't answer for Kevin but I used to couple mine into semi permanent rakes using a simple wire connector between vans. Seemed to work OK for me but it might not be much advantage if you have really tight curves.

regards

Roger

Many thanks Benbow, Hello Jeff I do exactly the same as Roger but useing Florist Wire - please see pictures below:-

post-5799-127182487912.jpg post-5799-127182490302.jpg

Many thanks and my regards.

Kevin

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Blimey Kevin your visits here get earlier!

This is another one of those jobs I need to get round to, how long is the piece of wire and how far apart are the buffers when coupled? Will they go around 2nd radius curves do you think or will I have to allow a bit more slack?

I'll drop round with those mags Friday pm if you're in for a play.smile.gif

Blimey Kevin your visits here get earlier!

This is another one of those jobs I need to get round to, how long is the piece of wire and how far apart are the buffers when coupled? Will they go around 2nd radius curves do you think or will I have to allow a bit more slack?

I'll drop round with those mags Friday pm if you're in for a play.smile.gif

Good morning Ian sorry to wake you, The lenth of wire that I use is 20mm, The pallet wagons are bog standard so still have original buffers, they are 4mm apart when coupled on straight track and they make it around Leafords 24" radius curves, I'll have to bring them up to Exford Park and give them a try.

Friday pm will be smashing I will look forward to it.

Regards.

Kevin.

Hi guys, a plea for help, I wonder if any body out there has had experience of getting trains to cancel signals after they have passed them using DCC? at present I am using ESU Loc Pilot Accessory decoders linked to a NSE Power Pro system, I am also using one of the new Traintronics TT301 Accessory Decoders, any help and advice would be welcome.

Time for a few pickies:

A banger blue 73 arrives on a trip working as a large logo blue 50 waits for the road.

post-5799-127212421821.jpg

A 56 has just arrived with a steel working and awaits the shunters instructions.

post-5799-127212436207.jpg

Class 08 shunts the 'Bullets'.

post-5799-127212445801.jpg.

My thanks and regards.

Kevin.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Spent the evening trying to help Kevin sort out the automatic detectors for the Railroad & Co program, failed so far dry.gif , so we played trains for a bit.

Scottish 37 on weathered bullets, unlikely but had to be done

post-6968-127806690361.jpg

and up the headshunt another one

post-6968-127806694748.jpg

post-6968-127806697929.jpg

The 159 comes in, it's the passenger trains shuttling automatically we were trying to automate.

post-6968-12780670318.jpg

Bit out of period the new Dapol KQA but I just got mine so they went on for a photo

post-6968-127806706909.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Careful Paul, Kevin will have you co-opted into the "Leaford on the road crew" before you know it!biggrin.gif

Nice tractors by the way, my layout has a Scottish visitor at the moment too!wink.gif

• RMweb Gold

Careful Paul, Kevin will have you co-opted into the "Leaford on the road crew" before you know it!biggrin.gif

Would be quite happy to but difficult to find free weekends with my job and those that are my own layout has been busy last couple of years. (the others are resevred for domestic bliss wink.gif )

Had a full days play at Wimborne last year to help out. biggrin.gif

Many thanks for that Jon, and I look forward to seeing you at Romsey.

Another picture, I hope that you like it.

post-5799-12662299837814_thumb.jpg

My regards Kevin

Hi Mr H Hog, was wondering what the two wagons are in this photo?Are they kits or HO scale models?

Hi Mr H Hog, was wondering what the two wagons are in this photo?Are they kits or HO scale models?

Hi guys.

post-5799-127823371847.jpg

Wummyock, the wagon above is of Electroten manufacturer(now Hornby International I think)it is of HO scale and is labelled as a spanish wine wagon, it looks like similar wagons that did come over on the ferry from time to time,

mine was purchased from MSIM a couple of years ago.

post-5799-127823416249.jpg

This wagon is at least 15 years old, again HO and I beleive it is of Roco manufacture and was/is available in at least two different liveries this one and I have also seen one in grey. A bit of modellers licence but I have seen similar over here, anyway this wagon along with several others was given to me by the late Mike Polglaze and does have sentimental value and so I like to run them, I do not know if they are still in production try Howes of Oxford I am sure that they will know.

JackBlack the Depot is a Pikestuff warehouse kit along with a few!! extension kits as well, all available from Nigel at Modern Structures In Minature

Many thanks and my regards,

Kevin

• Like 1

Jack, have a look at the www.m-s-i-m.co.uk website, there are a few things on there that may answer your questions. Its worth a look.

Cheers

Scott

Thanks guys.

post-5799-127839422195.jpg

The crash barriers are soldered up using old Peco steel rail.

post-5799-127839798666.jpg

Exhaul's ancient DAF 2800 couples up to trailer as it is unloaded.

post-5799-127839808426.jpg

47114 about to head of for Eastleigh with a scrap working.

Kevin

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...