Leith Baltic Street

Andrew F

Guest bri.s

Can't believe I've just seen this layout

The atmosphere you've created is tremendous

Love the weathering on everything from buildings to the locos .its one of those layouts that oozes character and quality love everything about it

Awesome modelling

Can't wait for updates

Brian

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That class 26 is lovely.  I had worried about a conversion of a Peak I'm doing as the sides didn't look smooth but now see that this can be realistic.

Only thing is mine have that effect because I bodged the modelling, not because I'd planned it!

• 1 year later...

Loving the Grotness of it all. Followed this thread on NRM for a while where you have posted some of the build progress pictures. Excellent.

Could we have a link, please?

As someone whose first married home was a flat in one of these tenements (just up the road in Goldenacre) I itch for more details of this marvelous model.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

As everyone else has said... absolutely splendid.  Those buildings (esp the tenements) and railway infrastructure just capture Leith & Edinburgh so well, and the green Gloucester DMU takes me right back to my travel-to-school days in the late 1960s.  A couple of questions: how did you do the DMU destination blinds, and what location is the station platform building based on (apols if I've missed this somewhere)?

Alasdair

Wonderful! Love the Salamander Street buildings, could have been there - an interesting pub nearby is The Pond, old sofas and students.

Around 20 tears ago I snuck into the remains of Leith Central just before they built Leith Waterworld and a Scotmid. The platforms were still there but plantlife and oily water everywhere. Waterworld has been closed since the recession and Scotmid is now a Tesco.

So it goes. At least we still see the occasional 66 down to Leith Docks.

Mal

It is 'the Pond' that I modelled Mal, changing the Lime green for a period red/maroon and then boarding it up. I didn't realise they'd closed Waterworld; it's ages since I've been to Leith and Edinburgh....far too long.

Alasdair. The DMU blinds were printed off the computer. It's a while back since I did them but I'm pretty sure I got them from RMweb so a 'DMU destination blind' search should hopefully work; I'll have a look.

The station platform building is based on 3 locations  but the main outer style is taken from St Andrews and the interior plan is based around Leuchers Jct. Oakwood Press 146 (The St Andrews Railway) and 139(Edinburgh and Southside Junction Railway) were a big help on the railway side of things.

Hopefully I'll get round to another update as the layout is more or less finished with street and building lighting, then I'll go back and answer anyones  questions I've not answered; sorry about that. I've been modelling the Southern region for the last year shock horror.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...