Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

No, it all looks perfectly o

More seriously, yes, there is a problem with posts containing exotic characters like pound signs, which is a bit of a disadvantage for threads like this.

It seems that we should be quoting prices in GBP for the time being...

http://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/Heljan-Class-16-Diesels.html

This site has Heljan Class 16s for £71 post free.

Got one myself :-)

I've also noticed that some of their Farish diesels are about £10 cheaper than the Liverpool box shifters and Track Shack are offering free postage as well!

http://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/N-Gauge-Graham-Farish-Diesel-Locos.html

I've also noticed that some of their Farish diesels are about £10 cheaper than the Liverpool box shifters and Track Shack are offering free postage as well!

http://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/N-Gauge-Graham-Farish-Diesel-Locos.html

Just to add that I've been ordering my Peco track exclusively from John at Track-Shack during the past year or two. Delivery is cheap and fast to the UK, prices the cheapest I've seen for new stock and service is faultless.

For example, after receiving my first order, I noted in feedback that some packaging tape had been attached to a point box, marking it when opening the package (although who cares really, anyway?). John replied promptly himself, apologising for this, and I've never had the 'issue' since.

Definitely worth an upvote in any future RMWeb awards.

[No connection with Track-Shack, just a happy customer, etc.]

Alan

• RMweb Gold

It went for £56. (+ £5.10 postage)

Is that a bargain?

(especially as the RH coupling rod looks bent!)

Keith

Yes, but only for the person who bought it and therefore ( as I suspect you are hinting ) would be appropriate for the ebay thread rather than here.

• RMweb Premium

Lidl have currently got some rather neat little clip-on LED lamps at £3.99 - http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=31118. Although small they throw out an excellent light and would be ideal for a workbench assuming that there is a suitable place to clip them.

DT

• RMweb Premium

Are you sure you're talking about the same lamp?  I've had mine on for over an hour and the lamp surround is only mildly warm, whileas the unrelated halogen one on the other side of my workbench (which hasn't been on as long) is indeed hot.

EDIT to add:  Lidl £3.99 LED lamp still barely warm after two hours.  Think you may be thinking about another Lidl lamp?

DT

• RMweb Premium

Are you sure you're talking about the same lamp?  I've had mine on for over an hour and the lamp surround is only mildly warm, whileas the unrelated halogen one on the other side of my workbench (which hasn't been on as long) is indeed hot.

EDIT to add:  Lidl £3.99 LED lamp still barely warm after two hours.  Think you may be thinking about another Lidl lamp?

DT

Surely if an LED lamp is getting very hot there is something badly wrong somewhere?

DT

Hi DT.

I've just checked mine & its a halogen. Sorry about the panic  :O  

It does get very hot very quickly so I'll have to pick up one of these led one's.

I wonder could I fit an led bulb to my one ?

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

I wonder could I fit an led bulb to my one ?

Cheers.

Depends on voltage and fitting, some may be directly swappable.

IIRC some LED lights have a separate power supply.

Keith

EDIT I've been considering doing the same with the kitchen extractor which has two very hot halogens!

Depends on voltage and fitting, some may be directly swappable.

IIRC some LED lights have a separate power supply.

Keith

EDIT I've been considering doing the same with the kitchen extractor which has two very hot halogens!

I'll check it out later.

Archived