Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

If its the RES 47 your after, cheaper at Rails £64.50

Ooh, ta. I am and I will!

C6T.

Post 'phone call edit, in the interests of if you don't ask etc...

Our friends in Liverpool won't price match our friends in Sheffield, unfortunately.

• RMweb Premium

How sad the Crewe library feels the need to dispose of railway related items.

I hope they do find a good home.

I would imagine they don't exactly get a lot of use, so hard to justify hanging onto.

Presumably the British Library has copies available if anybody does need to read one.

Maplin have £10 off this portable storage unit

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/raaco-portable-storage-unit-including-four-13-compartment-assorted-boxes-rf35q

The four compartment boxes have their compartments formed by individual open top boxes which can be moved about (or left out completely if you want a bigger space). Useful to have all the bits and tools in one place rather than sorting through a stack of boxes.

On Sunday 7th Feb Aldi are selling digital calipers at £7.99. I got one last year and I've been happy with it.

Many thanks for this information, got one today.

About 20 on the shelf, but marked as Limited Stock, so hurry if you want one.

Works well, and pleased with it especially at this price!

All metal construction, in a nice hard case with moulded inset keeping the tool from moving about. Battery already fitted plus spare one included too!

Many thanks for this information, got one today.

About 20 on the shelf, but marked as Limited Stock, so hurry if you want one.

Works well, and pleased with it especially at this price!

All metal construction, in a nice hard case with moulded inset keeping the tool from moving about. Battery already fitted plus spare one included too!

I got one of these last year (or very similar) and I use it all the time. Very handy indeed!

• RMweb Gold

If i remember right they are the ones that have a printing error on them, i bought a set of them last year, unless you have OCD that things have to be perfect its not a noticable error, something to do with 2 words on one line on the side where as it should be one, certainly doesnt detract from the model anyway

Got a feeling hattons and kernow have some too around the same price

Edit: its the railtrack ones that have the error, the NR yellow ones are alright, £85 is pretty good in that case, one way if looking at it is 5 wagons for the price of one biomass wagon!!

• RMweb Gold

as i have mentioned in my colas thread cash convertors in crewe have a Bachmann 4F for £65, Bachmann weathered panniers (quite nice looking too) for £48 (they are advertised for £55 but he can take a bit off) as well as a couple of old Hornby spam can things, not sure how much those were though

oh and cash generator in carlisle have a Hornby executive livery sleeper coach for £9.99, pretendolino MK3 for £19.99, grean central MK3 for £29.99 (ha!!), the sleeper coach is a bargain though, long sold out at Hornby

Dapol have B859A OO Gauge MRA Side Tipping Ballast Wagon Set Network Rail Yellow for £85

.....Edit: its the railtrack ones that have the error, the NR yellow ones are alright, £85 is pretty good in that case, one way if looking at it is 5 wagons for the price of one biomass wagon!!

I received at set of the NR yellow ones yesterday.

£85 + p&p.

Having not seen them in the flesh, so to speak, I was rather worried that the NR yellow would look plasticky.

I'm very pleased to say that it doesn't and that these wagons are exceptionally good.

We just need some yellow Autoballasters now.....and some track machines.

• RMweb Premium

I received at set of the NR yellow ones yesterday.

£85 + p&p.

Having not seen them in the flesh, so to speak, I was rather worried that the NR yellow would look plasticky.

I'm very pleased to say that it doesn't and that these wagons are exceptionally good.

We just need some yellow Autoballasters now.....and some track machines.

Some interesting track machines announced in the Atlas 'World of Stobart' series. They are some very good models so far but Atlas Editions is a nightmare to deal with, customer service is not their forte.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil. I couldn't find a link to these track machines. Would you perhaps have one?

There is a thread under the road vehicles section here on RMweb.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/99175-new-atlas-series

If your on Facebook post 94 has a link otherwise its post 97. There is also some airfield equipment that might also be suitable for model railways. The entire series is to 00 scale 1/76.

• RMweb Gold

to tie in with the above and being a bargain (kind of), cash convertors in longton, stoke have the world of stobart low loader, big digger and sammy the shammy for £12 each, as usual you can normally haggle a bit in these places

Archived