Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Gone for one of the £59 mpv's but then realised it said 'discontinued by manufacturer' but I only noticed it after checkout and my PayPal payment, hopefully I've got the last one and not end up getting refunded!

I think that is given as a reason why they are reduced, and that no new stock will be made available once they are sold...

Hattons have a couple of bargains that caught my eye. Bachmann 38-340 pack of 3 13Ton high sided steel open wagons (weathered) for £18 (rrp £47.95) & Bachmann 37-637D 20Ton Brake van (weathered) for £15 (rrp £26.95).

http://www.hattons.co.uk/StockDetail.aspx?SID=42791

http://www.hattons.co.uk/52668/Bachmann_Branchline_37_537D_20_Ton_Brake_Van_BR_Bauxite_Late_Weathered/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Gold

I think that is given as a reason why they are reduced, and that no new stock will be made available once they are sold...

I was told the same by the sales person in Ian Allan that also as Bachmann have recently acquired a larger storage facility and whilst transferring there current stock they had found a load of brand new stock that they didn't know they had.

Cheers

Colin

Gone for one of the £59 mpv's but then realised it said 'discontinued by manufacturer' but I only noticed it after checkout and my PayPal payment, hopefully I've got the last one and not end up getting refunded!

I saw the same with the Desiro when I went to add it to my basket online - I gave them a call to check if they had stock, and they said they had 15 (yesterday afternoon).

14 now :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

Model Railways Direct have a lot of Classix 1/76 scale diecast cars and lorries for sale at prices from £2:95 to £4:75 at the moment. It appears they are clearing old stock as these are no longer in production.

I'm going to rip it to pieces to make the single car unit network rail use

Please make sure to keep us posted on your progress with it :)

• RMweb Premium

"Discontinued by the Manufacturer" is just a hook to help pursuade those in two minds to buy.  It is essentially a buy it now before they are all gone and you never have another chance" type statement.

They always say that - just means they can't get anymore once the chosen retailer runs out of stock

I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future Bachmann release a Desiro in First TP colours, and maybe also one of the 'new' LM 350/3s.

If you're after a big train with full RC functions, sound, lights, Hamley's has the Playmobil freight set down from £120 to £66 in their sale. Apparently it's compatible with LGB stock. Comes with a loop of solid plastic 45mm track and a decent dropside wagon, cargo and two Playmobil chaps.

• RMweb Premium

An update on the sale table at Ian Allan Birmingham (@14:00 today)

I didn't get all the prices but they are reduced by at least 25-30%

32-912A, 3 car class 108 in BR blue weathered - 8pin DCC socket in each car, for £80 (2 packs on the table)

It says £150 on the original label, sounds like a bargain to me.

37-095A Coal Trader triple pack (weathered) for £30 instead of £49.95. (several packs)

31-636 64XX BR black early emblem (1)

39-004 two coach Scotrail Mk1 pack with figures & weathered (only one)

39-150D Mk1 FK blue & grey (4)

39-151F Mk1 FK maroon (several)

34-633, 34-677, Mk1s Blue weathered 1 of each.

39-153D Mk1 FK green (only one)

Still got some 1F 0-6-0T tanks but Thumpers have gone

Keith

If you're after a big train with full RC functions, sound, lights, Hamley's has the Playmobil freight set down from £120 to £66 in their sale. Apparently it's compatible with LGB stock. Comes with a loop of solid plastic 45mm track and a decent dropside wagon, cargo and two Playmobil chaps.

Was it this one:

http://www.hamleys.com/playmobil-rc-freight-train-5258.ir

As I checked literally within minutes of your post and couldn't find it, now says sold out so I missed it, damn. Was £96 though, unless they upped the price too.

Archived