Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

The trouble with the 31 is the later Lima refurb body and chassis moulding masquerading as an original plain green one. It doesn't have the buffer beam skirts.

Not that I claim to be an expert on Lima body mouldings, but it still has the nose doors, they aren't plated over, so is it a refurbished body or curates egg? (That's without mentioning the exhaust ports and the side door vent!)

Mike.

Not that I claim to be an expert on Lima body mouldings, but it still has the nose doors, they aren't plated over, so is it a refurbished body or curates egg? (That's without mentioning the exhaust ports and the side door vent!)

Mike.

Looks to me like an un-refurb body with original exhausts but the buffer beams, which are part of the chassis, are from the refurbished version.

I don't think Hornby have ever produced the ex-Lima 30/31 with buffer beam cowls. They only seem to have tooled the revised chassis that takes their motor bogie without them.

• RMweb Gold

Looks like the early body, sitting on a later chassis.

I'm pondering this one, I have a lot of refurbishment Lima 31's, and this could be an upgrade oppy, to dump the Hornby green body, Lima chassis and the sound chips (I'm more of a DC guy).

I'd like to do the same with the 37, but I can't see any way that anyone on earth would want that body, let alone 12 of em if I did an upgrade.

• RMweb Gold

Looks like the early body, sitting on a later chassis.

I'm pondering this one, I have a lot of refurbishment Lima 31's, and this could be an upgrade oppy, to dump the Hornby green body, Lima chassis and the sound chips (I'm more of a DC guy).

I'd like to do the same with the 37, but I can't see any way that anyone on earth would want that body, let alone 12 of em if I did an upgrade.

Ebay is your friend, I'm pretty sure somebody would buy them having seen some of the dross that finds a new home!

Mike.

Mike.

I agree, looking again. The first thing I look for in a green 31 is the buffer beam cowl.

• RMweb Gold

Ebay is your friend, I'm pretty sure somebody would buy them having seen some of the dross that finds a new home!

Mike.

I'm disposing of 25 Lima 47's chassis and a bunch of new Hornby RfD 47's bodies currently, those are doing well, the RfD 47 is a nice body, and nice paint job, so I'm quite happy with the result.

I've now 25 lima bodies sharing 12 New Hornby chassis, happy bunny and after selling the chassis the net cost of buying all the donor RfD 47's is actually positive.

I want to do the same with the 31/37 but as these are £10-15 higher than the 47, and the 37 is missing it's vital bits (headcode boxes), that could be a bit more of an expensive upgrade.

This Bachmann Sale appears to be getting quite competitive.

Whilst Hattons have the edge on the J11 at £62, Rails otherwise seem ahead on other items. A set of 5 different LMS porthole coaches in BR carmine & cream for £120 looks a great buy, unless anyone knows better about these models.

John.

An update on the sale table at Ian Allan Birmingham (@14:00 today)

I didn't get all the prices but they are reduced by at least 25-30%

32-912A, 3 car class 108 in BR blue weathered - 8pin DCC socket in each car, for £80 (2 packs on the table)

It says £150 on the original label, sounds like a bargain to me.

37-095A Coal Trader triple pack (weathered) for £30 instead of £49.95. (several packs)

31-636 64XX BR black early emblem (1)

39-004 two coach Scotrail Mk1 pack with figures & weathered (only one)

39-150D Mk1 FK blue & grey (4)

39-151F Mk1 FK maroon (several)

34-633, 34-677, Mk1s Blue weathered 1 of each.

39-153D Mk1 FK green (only one)

Still got some 1F 0-6-0T tanks but Thumpers have gone

Keith

Been in today and they have some GWR China clay triple packs for £20

Rails of Sheffield are selling

BR Chocolate/Cream MK1 BSK Coach W35470 + EFE 1:76 Stratford-Upon-Avon Open Top Tour Bus

Split from the 30-525 The Shakespeare Express Train Pack. The coach and bus are supplied unboxed

Price £19.50

https://railsofsheffield.com/br-chocolate-cream-mk1-bsk-coach-w35470-efe-1-76-stratford-upon-avon-open-top-tour-bus-30-525mk1bus-Bachmann-JJJA32383.aspx

I recently posted a pointer to the small card shop in March (Cambs) which seemed to have new owners and was clearing stock. Well, I had cause to go in their today, and, £12 lighter, came out..............

How about these, all for a total of £12?

Kirk 52'6" Gresley corridor 3rd (kit)

Kirk 52'6" Gresley corridor Brake 3rd (sides only)

Kirk Gresley semi-corridor Lav 1/3 (sides only)

Kirk Gresley Corridor 3rd end vestibule (kit)

Comet Gresley non-corridor 3rd (sides only)

Comet Gresley semi-corridor Lav 1/3 (sides only)

Comet Thompson semi-corridor Lav 1/3 (sides only)

Comet Thompson corridor 1/3 (sides only).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noted still in stock:-

Hornby B17 61619, £65. This is the original model tender driven, but with a short tender (B12?).

Jamieson kit as previously mentioned (GC? - I didn't look too closely)

An interesting unoped card kit conversion for H/D (tinplate) coaches, a Gresley Brake 3rd, by a manufacturer beginning with "L"?

Boxes of smaller item, such as figures etc for approx 1/2 price.

A few s/h coaches (Hornby?) and s/h wagons (some kit built)

Some track (new?)

Odd other items such as Metcalfe kits (not many)

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

LT museum has a 20% sale off their Bachmann and Hornby stock.

Some some is still over priced, but their are some reasonable prices on older stuff, new 47's under £100 etc

Hello, Is this in store or on-line. I've just looked at the site and no 20% discount obvious, or any class 47's. perhaps I'm to late.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Join the club.

I'm always too late for the bargain Westerns!

Mike.

So much for being enterprising.......................

Maybe there should be a Tiredoldwestern.......................?

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Archived