Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Hi Andymac

Thanks for the link, though sadly I'm not registered on eBay and perhaps I should have said I'm really after either BR green or blue. But for a good bargain joining eBay might be worth it!

Thanks once again,

Liam

Same Ebay seller has BR Blue one for sale as well at £79.50 or best offer.

Dave

If you are going to buy BRM magazine this week, get it from Tesco as it comes with a free copy of Garden Rail magazine. This offer wasn't on WH Smiths this afternoon.

Oh B*gger, bought in Smiffs this morning!

If you are going to buy BRM magazine this week, get it from Tesco as it comes with a free copy of Garden Rail magazine. This offer wasn't on WH Smiths this afternoon.

Subscription copy doesn't sadly. Though no real interest in garden railways.

• RMweb Gold

Subscription copy doesn't sadly. Though no real interest in garden railways.

I would have real interest in garden railways if I already had my indoor layout  any near beyond 'just started'. :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

Sainsbury's bought copy on Thursday had it too. Plastic sealed bag,

Been to Birmingham this morning

WH Smiths

Still got some oxford vehicles but no prices on them and they are selling Humbrol paint brushes knocked down to 30p each they still have some of the smaller brushes sizes 1 & 2

Ian Allan have gots some mk1's for under £19 in green, red, br blue & br blue& grey

Locos was two steam types

I'm not into steam so the only one I knew was a small LMS Jinty for £55. They had five one them.

The other one was £75 but like I said I'm a diesel man

• RMweb Premium

Been to Birmingham this morning

WH Smiths

Still got some oxford vehicles but no prices on them and they are selling Humbrol paint brushes knocked down to 30p each they still have some of the smaller brushes sizes 1 & 2

Ian Allan have gots some mk1's for under £19 in green, red, br blue & br blue& grey

Locos was two steam types

I'm not into steam so the only one I knew was a small LMS Jinty for £55. They had five one them.

The other one was £75 but like I said I'm a diesel man

The small tank is the Midland 1F half cab and the other (IIRC) is a Fairbairn 2-6-4T

Keith

I called in Rails today to buy the green 20 (I was err, passing!)

Stock in the shop was still marked up £99 and the £69 models weren't due in from Bachman until Monday but the helpful assistant honoured the email price (by request).

The 50026 special price (£109) expires Monday

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but Hattons are currently doing blue 2 HAL's for £62 and GFYE for £75. Just ordered one of each for £141 including VAT and P&P. :yes:

Hmm when is a bargain no longer the bargain it was, when the GFYE 2-HAL has gone up £13.

When I got mine from Hattons it was £62 otherwise I would have bought two blue.

The. 2-BIL is still at a premium £82 I see

Not sure if anyone else has flagged this up but Rails of Sheffield are adding more and more interesting items to their Sale.

My own interest is OO and there are some great prices - too numerous to mention.

https://railsofsheffield.com/special-offers/

Examples include Bachmann Class 85 SYP for £79.50 London Midland Desiros for £89.50

Set of 4x Plasmor OCA HEs in Bauxite or Plasmor livery, £49.50

etc.

Good luck with finding what you want!

• RMweb Gold

Gone for one of the £59 mpv's but then realised it said 'discontinued by manufacturer' but I only noticed it after checkout and my PayPal payment, hopefully I've got the last one and not end up getting refunded!

I'm going to rip it to pieces to make the single car unit network rail use

Archived