Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Anyone notice that the illustration for the 'Cock 'o the North' on the Tesco site is actually a 9F? Further more it must be more complicated than Tornado... it's for 5 8 year olds....lol...

that should read 5 to 8 year olds... The dash got left out, sorry

Anyone notice that the illustration for the 'Cock 'o the North' on the Tesco site is actually a 9F?

But 'Cock 'o the North' is a 9f - both in real life preservation and as a Hornby model, & in the Railroad range too (ie for kids....)

Confusion between Gresley's P2 Class and the NYMR's preserved 9F.  P2 no. 2001 was named Cock O' The North, and as Stewart says, 9F no. 92214 was also named Cock O' The North in 2011.  Obviously, the latter is the subject of the Hornby model on this occasion.

Alun

*** EDIT - one of the links didn't work ***

A further 25% off some already competitve prices ... http://www.hobb-e-mail.com/

Really loved that shop, went in for a pair of Dapol Spine Wagons & came out with considerably more!  A bit of a jumble sale in the way the stock was set out & the bloke behind the counter seemed to resent customers (perhaps it's a local shop for local people ;) ) but I wish I had one like it (and the Sheps brewery which I was also visiting that day) near me...

For those who had difficulty understanding the meaning of my previous (now deleted) attempt to post a link to the Tescos site and who were unable to figure out that there was an error in the link, I am trying again. This time with an explanation.

According to Tescos this railroad Tornado by Hornby is for people aged 3 - 4 years.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/Hornby-r3060-railroad-br-class-a1-tornado-00-gauge-steam-locomotive/213-1427.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=213-1427

If Tescos really believe that, then we are all just grown men and women playing with toy trains!!!!!!

Clubcard bonus exchange allowed on it?  The Long Haired Controller may get an awfully big shock if she thinks I'm using my vouchers for all the Christmas stuff she wants, we can have a value chicken & I'm having a Tornado ;)

• RMweb Premium

Clubcard bonus exchange allowed on it?  The Long Haired Controller may get an awfully big shock if she thinks I'm using my vouchers for all the Christmas stuff she wants, we can have a value chicken & I'm having a Tornado ;)

Should be - that's how I got my Tornado earlier this year.

Cheers,

Mick

I was in Modelzone in W.H.SMITH in the Arndale Centre yesterday. Now moved to back of shop upstairs.

I got 20% off on 2 R 4524 GWR Brake thirds i.e. £15.19 each.

I notice there is a coupon on P.155 in January's edition of BRM but mine was given me in store.

Worth a look at the stock available and doing some sums??

Bob Hughes

The Lidl cases are well made and IMHO very good value for money  BUT if you buy the large one and are not into body building you are likely to need someone to help you to get it in - and more especially out of the trolley.

We won't have that problem in Ireland because our stores won't have them  :ireful:

• RMweb Premium

I notice there is a coupon on P.155 in January's edition of BRM but mine was given me in store.

Worth a look at the stock available and doing some sums??

Bob Hughes

My discount coupon ran out on the 8th. Have they started issuing more?

The Brum Smiffs has the Bachmann 3F with about a tenner off the list price, with another 20% that would be a bargain!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

My discount coupon ran out on the 8th. Have they started issuing more?

The Brum Smiffs has the Bachmann 3F with about a tenner off the list price, with another 20% that would be a bargain!

Keith

Yes! Good until Christmas Eve if I think.

The Lidl cases are well made and IMHO very good value for money  BUT if you buy the large one and are not into body building you are likely to need someone to help you to get it in - and more especially out of the trolley.

I bout a large and a small twice (not wanting to overload the car) and both times my local shop helped load it into the trolley and offered a help to get it to the car. :sungum:

I think if you ask they are really accommodating.

Make the main cabinet, put it up, add the glass shelves once they are hung up / later. Start from the top, then from the bottom and work towards the middle as they gradually get harder to pop in.

• RMweb Premium

Lidl have a couple of display cabinets & an ultrasonic cleaner from 16th December

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-4EB54B5B-43B98A4E/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?id=180&ar=7

Bought the ultrasonic cleaner - enough capacity for small and medium loco chassis and bodies. Mine will be used primarily for cleaning up etched brass kits during construction.

Not used it for anything worthwhile yet - but it did a good job on my specs and my wife's jewellery!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Bought the ultrasonic cleaner - enough capacity for small and medium loco chassis and bodies. Mine will be used primarily for cleaning up etched brass kits during construction.

Not used it for anything worthwhile yet - but it did a good job on my specs and my wife's jewellery!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

They're also very effective at re-suspending the contents of a settled-out tinlet of paint. :-)

As new DVD's at my local charity shop!

Pick up freight (just watched. Superb inspiration for Norfolk diesel branch lines)

Diesel and electric archive files

Branch line journey kings lynn to Dereham

Branches across E Anglia

£4 in total!

• RMweb Gold

Came across this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grass-Carpet-Applicator-Machine-Flocking-for-Plantings-Railway-Landscape-Model/350756333219?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16581%26meid%3D3538010280090832685%26pid%3D100034%26prg%3D7839%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D221335081281%26

Amazingly cheap. I'm wondering how good it is. It works off 3v batteries so it may be low powered compared to the GrasMaster and Flockit machines which operate using 9v batteries.

I'm tempted to gamble the £22.50....It is from Hong Kong but a friend has successfully bought quite high cost Chinese Bachmann stuff....several £100s of stuff which came quite quickly as well.

Anybody with any experience of purchasing from China?

Came across this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grass-Carpet-Applicator-Machine-Flocking-for-Plantings-Railway-Landscape-Model/350756333219?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16581%26meid%3D3538010280090832685%26pid%3D100034%26prg%3D7839%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D221335081281%26

Amazingly cheap. I'm wondering how good it is. It works off 3v batteries so it may be low powered compared to the GrasMaster and Flockit machines which operate using 9v batteries.

I'm tempted to gamble the £22.50....It is from Hong Kong but a friend has successfully bought quite high cost Chinese Bachmann stuff....several £100s of stuff which came quite quickly as well.

Anybody with any experience of purchasing from China?

There's this little gem in their negative feedback about this item:

This product dose (sic) not do what it says it will. It is useless & a waste of money.

Couldn't find any positive feedback about it before I grew tired of looking!

I bought two large display cases tonight. Definitely hernia material, but having been forewarned by this thread, I took my fold up trolley with me into the store and loaded them straight on there. They fitted across the back seat of my Passat, no bother.

Archived