Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

I use these for exhibiting layouts

They're brilliant. They're quite lightweight, yet sturdy when set up

And I find I can set a layout up very quickly using these

One point to note though, is that there have been several "batches" of these over the past few years

One pal bought a few, then bought one or two more, at a later date

There was a very slight height discrepancy between the 2 different batches

even though they looked very similar....

He only discovered this after setting up his layout at a show

So if you already have some of these, measure carefully against any new ones you buy..

Not my interest AT ALL, but thought I'd post here as I just spotted it, figure any time you can get a DCC on-board Bachmann steam loco for 85 quid it must be a bargain???

https://www.ehattons.com/52538/Bachmann_Branchline_31_136DC_Class_D11_2_4_4_0_62677_Edie_Ochiltree_in_BR_black_with_late_crest_DCC_Fitted/StockDetail.aspx

Best of luck for anyone so inclined :)

• RMweb Gold

Weekend after payday for me but luckily I'm a long way from Margate.

I've just had a disagree on this post and I would sincerely love to know what's to disagree with

Trust me, I know when I get paid, and I know how far I am from Margate

Don't understand some people on here,  if you didn't laugh sometimes you might get quite annoyed

I use these for exhibiting layouts

They're brilliant. They're quite lightweight, yet sturdy when set up

And I find I can set a layout up very quickly using these

One point to note though, is that there have been several "batches" of these over the past few years

One pal bought a few, then bought one or two more, at a later date

There was a very slight height discrepancy between the 2 different batches

even though they looked very similar....

He only discovered this after setting up his layout at a show

So if you already have some of these, measure carefully against any new ones you buy..

Interesting, have four, three bought in batch, another from a later batch plus a Screwfix one and they all seem to the same height although given the uneven nature of exhibition venues varying heights could be an advantage, certainly Warmington took some packing at one end to get it almost level at Shipley last weekend.

I've just had a disagree on this post and I would sincerely love to know what's to disagree with

Don't understand some people on here,  if you didn't laugh sometimes you might get quite annoyed

Colin, if the guy is using a tablet the disagree buttons and others are very easy to hit accidentally, without knowing. I did it a feww weeks ago to Purley.

• RMweb Premium

I had a disagree on a post on another thread. Some people must find it easier to click on a button rather than explain what they disagree about.

• RMweb Premium

Dapol WEB SITE ARE SELLING B1005MULTI OO Gauge Pressflo Bulk Tunnel Cement Multi-Pack (5 Wagons) FOR £22.00

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1527

Thanks, I wanted some of those  :good: 

They look like a gift in the current (pricing) climate.  What's the era and region(s)?

Thanks,

Alun

Bit of a punt, I'm working towards a steam/diesel transition era layout based around Clitheroe (Lancs) which had a lot of cement companies in the area.  But I think they roamed widely ......  I'm thinking I'll change the branding to something fictional (Pendle Cement?) as I don't like the look of those big boards on the sides.  Don't know whether they're early or late bauxite but they were operational into the 1970s at least.  Agree at a fiver each including postage they look a bargain. 

They aren't as detailed as the much more up to date Bachmann offerings but they certainly represent a very affordable way to get a whole block train into service in a hurry. And at that price, you can afford to muck about with them a bit.

• RMweb Gold

Found in Lidl today, and apparently on sale since Monday, a natural light lamp just right for the workbench. Details have dropped off Lidls web site but found this instead http://www.offerscheck.co.uk/livarno-lux-true-colour-lamp/lidl/2014/kw-39/191627

You'll have to blame all the sewers and quilters.  These seem to have flown out of the shops as sewing forums have been talking about these all week.

Edit: just to clarify I'm no good with a needle and thread, but the Head of Household is!

• RMweb Premium

According to the recycling fodder that dropped out of my new issue of Bus & Coach Preservation Magazine today, Atlas Editions are doing the die cast OO scale LT AEC Regent bus for £1.99 again.

A cheap source of models for some perhaps?

EDIT:

Definitely a re-run of the previous series as the open top Southdown NBC Green Bristol Lodekka is listed as the second model again.  

http://www.atlaseditions.co.uk/collection/Great_British_Buses/Great%20British%20Buses.html

Apparently a very limited edition release - that will be about ten thousand of each then!!!!

Unfortunate that I have no bridges on my layout.

Buses can also be posed at level crossings. There are several crossings in Worthing where this can be seen in prototype. Whilst waiting I often had time to build a few kits!

Through my letter box this week came a catalogue of remaindered books from www.psbooks.co.uk

Go to their site and search for 'Trains & railways', they currently have 68 books on offer! 

Nice find and there is one bargain which struck me in particular which was Pat Hammond's Hornby Railways The Story of Rovex: Volume 3 1972-1996 at half price at only £25! I bought this when it first came out and it's a must for anyone who has even the slightest interest in Hornby's output of that period.

http://www.psbooks.co.uk/products/lifestyle/crafts-collectables/item/Hornby-railways

Another Hornby sale just started at themodeller.com. Has a range of stuff at 50% off for example Hawksworth and Maunsell coaches for c£16.50, a range of wagons plus Skaledale buildings and scenics. I picked up a few buildings plus a couple of Sapphire decoders at £17.49.  No locos unfortunately.

The sale items are all below the following link in categories NOT on the usual sale link.

http://www.themodeller.com/ModelRailway

Another Hornby sale just started at themodeller.com. Has a range of stuff at 50% off for example Hawksworth and Maunsell coaches for c£16.50, a range of wagons plus Skaledale buildings and scenics. I picked up a few buildings plus a couple of Sapphire decoders at £17.49.  No locos unfortunately.

The sale items are all below the following link in categories NOT on the usual sale link.

http://www.themodeller.com/ModelRailway

Could not find any Maunsell coaches listed?

Archived