Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Bargain !! I'll have two please....

I'm sure I sure this loco at swindon outlet Hornby concession marked up at £80 last week

Sorry to be off topic, but wish the Hornby Outlet in Swindon was so far from Yorkshire. Would really like a 60 099 in Tata steel livery for £80 quid.

MReMag reports that Bachmann's 50ft inspection saloons are now on the boat from China with an RRP of £59.95.

A quick inter web trawl discovers that Hattons is still offering them (LMS, BR maroon and BR blue/grey) at £42.50, compared with around £50 elsewhere, for pre-orders

MReMag reports that Bachmann's 50ft inspection saloons are now on the boat from China with an RRP of £59.95.

A quick inter web trawl discovers that Hattons is still offering them (LMS, BR maroon and BR blue/grey) at £42.50, compared with around £50 elsewhere, for pre-orders

I think this model comes under the maximum 15% discount rules for the first 8 weeks, so I'm not sure Bachmann would be happy for Hatton's to offer it at that price.  The Hatton's website mentions that the price might rise and people will be given the opportunity to cancel the order if that's the case.

Hattons have the Gaugemaster DCC 14 - backlit hand held unit for PA2 back in stock....for £99  (RRP £140) ...so I bought another !

Watch for the DCC 12 appearing in sales very soon.......

I assume it's discontinued, so no chance.

The replacement R3161B is due out later this year, I bet they aren't discounting that to £59.99!

Model Railways Direct (usually a good bet for low prices) have 3 x R3161A in stock, but at £98.95.

Keith

EDIT Antics are showing 6 in stock and new stock arriving 28th July but a price of £130.25!!!

No shortage of 2-BILS at £59.99 at Kernow this morning when I went and collected mine.

These have just arrived in Hattons today. Not sure if they are still at 42.50, but looking forward to receiving mine...

Now on sale at £50.95 - this looks like the standard maximum 15% discount off list price in Bachmann's retailing agreements

I'm glad I had it on pre-order.  Hattons have processed the payment, cost me £42.50.

Alun

Probably your last chance ever to buy a new Bachmann 37 for less than £90/£100?

Hereford Model Centre

32-387

Railfreight Red Stripe livery

£60.99

(yes, it's the one Hattons were selling for £50 each for months....but it's a bargain today)

(Sorry, I've not worked out how to copy links in here yet...)

• RMweb Premium

Probably your last chance ever to buy a new Bachmann 37 for less than £90/£100?

Hereford Model Centre

32-387

Railfreight Red Stripe livery

£60.99

(yes, it's the one Hattons were selling for £50 each for months....but it's a bargain today)

(Sorry, I've not worked out how to copy links in here yet...)

There was one left when I looked in earlier.............

:no:

But not now................

:sungum:  

WCRC 37518 or a DRS tractor??

Cheers,

Mick

Inspired by stewartingram (post 1407) I popped into the London Transport Museum this week. I found 30% off a number of items. Here's the list:

Bachmann 31-005

Class 04 in LNER black

£145.50.....with 30% off = £101.85

(cheaper than Hatton's £118)

Bachmann 31-011

Class 7F

£139.99....with 30% off = £98.00

(not in stock at Hattons, but rarely found below £120)

Bachmann 31-525

Class A2

£139.45....with 30% off = £97.62

(not in stock at Hattons, but typically £120-ish)

Hornby R2987

Brighton Belle

£179.99....30% off = £126

Hornby R2988

Brighton Belle

Hornby R4528

Brighton Belle Car

£45.99....30% off = £32.19

(Hattons sell for £37)

Hornby R4529

Brighton Belle Car

(Hattons sell for £37)

Inspired by stewartingram (post 1407) I popped into the London Transport Museum this week. I found 30% off a number of items. Here's the list:

Bachmann 31-005

Class 04 in LNER black

£145.50.....with 30% off = £101.85

(cheaper than Hatton's £118)

Bachmann 31-011

Class 7F

£139.99....with 30% off = £98.00

(not in stock at Hattons, but rarely found below £120)

Bachmann 31-525

Class A2

£139.45....with 30% off = £97.62

(not in stock at Hattons, but typically £120-ish)

Hornby R2987

Brighton Belle

Hornby R2988

Brighton Belle

Hornby R4528

Brighton Belle Car

(Hattons sell for £37)

Hornby R4529

Brighton Belle Car

(Hattons sell for £37)

No offense, but if these amount to bargains I think I need to find myself a cheaper hobby! alanhughes seemed to be pleased about paying only £42.50 for an inspection saloon - a coach, after all, pretty much like any other.

alanhughes seemed to be pleased about paying only £42.50 for an inspection saloon - a coach, after all, pretty much like any other.

Have you (pardon the pun) inspected one of these? They are absolutely superb. £42.50 for something finished to this standard is a bargain in my book. The previous cost to purchase and get a kit built of this particular model cost a lot more than even Bachmann's full retail. 

Hattons is listing the following bargain -

32-481: Class 40 D369 in BR green with centre head code - £77 (was £81.56)

This is from the new tooling, too!

http://www.ehattons.com/52582/Bachmann_Branchline_32_481_Class_40_D369_in_BR_green_with_centre_head_code/StockDetail.aspx

OT, if they'd fitted that one with sound and the D211 wasn't, I'd happily be £77 less well off. Harrumph.

Now back to your regular programme... C6T.

Hattons is listing the following bargain - 

32-481: Class 40 D369 in BR green with centre head code - £77 (was £81.56)

This is from the new tooling, too!

http://www.ehattons.com/52582/Bachmann_Branchline_32_481_Class_40_D369_in_BR_green_with_centre_head_code/StockDetail.aspx

I was the person who started the equivalent thread on the old RMWeb, and I have to say that 5% discounts weren't what I had in mind when I called the thread "Bargain Hunters"!

Have you (pardon the pun) inspected one of these? They are absolutely superb. £42.50 for something finished to this standard is a bargain in my book. The previous cost to purchase and get a kit built of this particular model cost a lot more than even Bachmann's full retail. 

I haven't had the privilege as yet of seeing one of these coaches close up, but I don't see why that should be relevant. I (as well as others no doubt) have bought Pullman coaches with equally excellent detail, not mentioning lit interior, for £15 in the not too distant past. This coach at a supposed bargain price is almost three times that amount - unless the doors are made to open, I don't see how it improves on the Hornby offerings of recent years.

The point I was trying to make is that viewing circa £40 for a coach as a bargain is incredible, as it just isn't. Each to their own though I guess...

I was the person who started the equivalent thread on the old RMWeb, and I have to say that 5% discounts weren't what I had in mind when I called the thread "Bargain Hunters"!

Ouch!  I didn't know about this 'rule'. I was only trying to be helpful for other forum users, especially given the impending price rises. I suppose 'bargains' are all a matter of perspective...

• RMweb Gold

Ouch!  I didn't know about this 'rule'. I was only trying to be helpful for other forum users, especially given the impending price rises. I suppose 'bargains' are all a matter of perspective...

given that the RRP is £115 and there's not many main line locos (steam or diesel) for less than £100 I reckon you were quite right to post this as a bargain. Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Our local poundworld has slug repellant tape on sale, 2.3cm wide by 2m for, wait for it, £1

F37088A5-4873-4DA3-B840-AE89DAF23025.jpg

Handy self adheasive copper tape for dcc power bus, lighting circuits etc?

Being 2 cm wide you can easily cut it down the middle and make 2 strips

• RMweb Premium

Our local poundworld has slug repellant tape on sale, 2.3cm wide by 2m for, wait for it, £1

I'm waiting for them to go on sale......................

Cheers,

Mick

I'm waiting for them to go on sale......................

Cheers,

Mick

According to our evening paper tonight, Poundland in Torquay have dropped their prices to 90p in a price war with a nearby store so you never know!

Archived