Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

Hattons are showing a few of the Heljan Class 128 Diesel Parcel Units for £69 including weathered and Post Office livery versions. Just bagged myself one of the weathered versions

Shame they're all pooey colours though... :cray_mini2:

Is it me, or are all such bargains anything but late crest green :wink_mini:

polybear

• RMweb Gold

Those Westerns must have been snapped up quick - I was looking for the weathered D1026 for a renumber. Weathered example not showing in stock and the £85 ones now showing zero stock.

However, Hattons have the new retooled centre headcode 40 for £77

http://www.ehattons.com/52582/Bachmann_Branchline_32_481_Class_40_D369_in_BR_green_with_centre_head_code/StockDetail.aspx

And the Heljan disc headcode baby deltic for £69

http://www.ehattons.com/52170/Heljan_2323_Class_23_Baby_Deltic_D5909_green_with_headcode_discs_and_no_frost_grilles_weath/StockDetail.aspx

Both seem pretty good deals to me, so I snapped up a class 40 for another GFYE project. It's a bit worrying that the 40s are not shifting at Hattons as I hope this is not a sign that Bachmann will not be keen on new releases of this new tooling and working through the remaining liveries. Not that I'm especially worried having worked on another Lima/Bachmann hybrid this afternoon.

Neil

If anyone is at Warley, they are selling returned 9f and 45xx loco a for £30 apiece. Various things wrong with them, but I picked one up labelled 'Wobbly' and I can assure you that there was all wrong with it :) works beautifully :)

• RMweb Premium

If anyone is at Warley, they are selling returned 9f and 45xx loco a for £30 apiece. Various things wrong with them, but I picked one up labelled 'Wobbly' and I can assure you that there was ###### all wrong with it :) works beautifully :)

Someone needs to pay attention to their tracklaying.

• RMweb Premium

Got the same email myself - odd/interesting/amusing that it's titled "Black Friday Sale" as I thought it was only over here in the US that "Black Friday" existed?!?!?!

Given there's no Thanksgiving Day in the UK, I wonder how they determine the day? Retailers here consider the day after Thanksgiving, which is a holiday for most folks in the US, "Black Friday" since they have significant sales the Friday after, and supposedly their books go from red to black at that point, i.e. they start to show a profit for the year.

Many used to hang their hat on sales this coming weekend - less so now with the advent of internet sales and everyone out-doing each other by starting Black Friday earlier and earlier! Several major stores and online presences started their Black Friday sales last weekend, go figure!! :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Got the same email myself - odd/interesting/amusing that it's titled "Black Friday Sale" as I thought it was only over here in the US that "Black Friday" existed?!?!?!

Given there's no Thanksgiving Day in the UK, I wonder how they determine the day? Retailers here consider the day after Thanksgiving, which is a holiday for most folks in the US, "Black Friday" since they have significant sales the Friday after, and supposedly their books go from red to black at that point, i.e. they start to show a profit for the year.

Many used to hang their hat on sales this coming weekend - less so now with the advent of internet sales and everyone out-doing each other by starting Black Friday earlier and earlier! Several major stores and online presences started their Black Friday sales last weekend, go figure!! :jester:

Hi,

I've had emails from all the usual retail suspects regarding "Black Friday", it seems we can't shop without an American influence to make things seem more "exciting"  :no:

Rob 

Hi,

I've had emails from all the usual retail suspects regarding "Black Friday", it seems we can't shop without an American influence to make things seem more "exciting"  :no:

Rob 

Ahh, I see - well, welcome to the most annoying selling season/tactic I've ever experienced...it's non-stop over here and is truly mind-numbing.

I apologise for not spearheading a movement to banish "Black Friday" from the airwaves/internet <sigh> wish it were possible!! :jester:  :butcher:

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that

Couldn't resist one of the Sentinel shunters for £34.99

Thanks for the info Mezzoman, just ordered a Tarmac Sentinel, Esso one is sold out. Useful little loco for under £35 incl P/P.

Probably very few left, if anyone else wants one, get it NOW

Brit15

Thanks for that

Couldn't resist one of the Sentinel shunters for £34.99

If it was the red one you might have gotten the last one! I saw it earlier but didn't have a chance to check out. Went back around this time and it wasn't there anymore :-(

• RMweb Gold

If it was the red one you might have gotten the last one! I saw it earlier but didn't have a chance to check out. Went back around this time and it wasn't there anymore :-(

Sorry

The Greater Anglia 153 was also tempting at £54.99

http://www.Hornby.com/shop/black-friday-sale/greater-anglia-class-153.html

It's still there!  Just filling my basket with that and a few buildings.

Archived