Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

They seem to have some interesting looking metal kits from someone called Metal Earth, but their knowledge of railway terminology is a bit suspect:

"The Steam Locomotive is a train that produces its power from a steam engine. The train must carry its water either in the locomotive itself or in an attached car behind the locomotive. The steam is produced by burning coal, wood or oil. Steam engines dominated railway transportation from the early 19th century through the middle of the 20th century.

Metal kit with 2 sheets of pop out metal Parts. "

These are supposed to be 3D laser cut metal kits, and a Model T Ford looks particularly fine, for just £10, but there is no indication of scale - all the kits, including a Lancaster bomber are described as:

• Length: 0.19
  • Width: 0.13
  • Height: 0.05
  • Products Weight: 0.10

with no indication of what units are being invoked.

The tractor looks to be about O scale.

• RMweb Premium

Greetings all, 

Been in to my local model shop today and been told that Bachmann have 'overproduced' a run of Scenecraft buildings and they have been offered to retailers at significantly reduced prices, as much as 40% 

Obviously it depends on whether or not your chosen retailer will pass those savings on but it's certainly worth having a look and asking the question. 

If it's your cup of tea, good luck. 

Nik. 

Greetings all, 

Been in to my local model shop today and been told that Bachmann have 'overproduced' a run of Scenecraft buildings and they have been offered to retailers at significantly reduced prices, as much as 40% 

Obviously it depends on whether or not your chosen retailer will pass those savings on but it's certainly worth having a look and asking the question. 

If it's your cup of tea, good luck. 

Nik. 

Kernow and Invicta have some Scenecraft buildings at half price.  Very pleased with my 44-221.

• RMweb Premium

Replica Railways are selling their Mk1 BG's at £10.00 each on their website. They have NSE, crimson & cream, ScotRail, Post Office red, Provincial and plain crimson in stock.

Just ordered 5 by phone for repainting into plan rail blue and I have to say the chap I spoke to was really helpful.

Although they are not flush glazed and are fitted with plastic wheels, they are the correct length and in my humble opinion are a pretty good moulding.

Given the current prices of coaching stock I think they are good value for money.

http://www.replicarailways.co.uk/ready-to-run-items/ready-to-run

I was in Memories (which is mainly an antiques shop) on Bridge Street Ramsbottom the other day and they had a boxed class 70 (Bachmann?) for £90 and it looked good as new. Also a mixed bag of coaches for about a tenner apiece. No good to me, as I'm a 7mm guy, but if anyone's visiting the East Lancs Railway this weekend it might be worth a look.

Replica Railways are selling their Mk1 BG's at £10.00 each on their website. They have NSE, crimson & cream, ScotRail, Post Office red, Provincial and plain crimson in stock.

Just ordered 5 by phone for repainting into plan rail blue and I have to say the chap I spoke to was really helpful.

Although they are not flush glazed and are fitted with plastic wheels, they are the correct length and in my humble opinion are a pretty good moulding.

Given the current prices of coaching stock I think they are good value for money.

http://www.replicarailways.co.uk/ready-to-run-items/ready-to-run

I think I was responsible for clearing them out of stocks of maroon a while ago.  In my average parcels rake, there's nothing slack about these vans whatsoever, after a quick wheel change has been carried out.

Lidl GB&NI have some £3.99 illuminated christmas buildings on sale from Monday which might have model railway possibilities. Stated as 8-10cm high. For some odd reason all 8 are only shown on the NI sitehttp://www.lidl-ni.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=14950

Picked this one uppost-147-0-84781500-1415037499.jpgpost-147-0-54803000-1415037522_thumb.jpg

Doors are 23mm and 19mm high so an accurate scale is difficult to judge but for a background building in a winter scene it appears a good possibility. Snow appears to be part of the resin moulding.

• RMweb Premium

Picked this one upattachicon.gif20141103_172400.jpgattachicon.gif20141103_172414.jpg

Doors are 23mm and 19mm high so an accurate scale is difficult to judge but for a background building in a winter scene it appears a good possibility. Snow appears to be part of the resin moulding.

It looks 'American' in style so it could be HO scale. But seeing as it is Christmas themed it has to be Ho-Ho-Ho scale. Hat, coat, gone................ :jester:

Bookworm Swmbo's latest catalogue of remaindered books hit the door mat today :- I will not be buying but.....

"The Book People" www.thebookpeople.co.uk   offer set of 3 books for £6.99 +p&p (rrp £22.97)

The Duchesses by Andrew Bowden

Mallard  by Don Hale

Flying Scotsman by Andrew Bowden

Their Reference =  AURT

Apparently these were "The Fastest, the Most Famous & Finest Locomotives" !

• RMweb Premium

"The Book People" www.thebookpeople.co.uk   offer set of 3 books for £6.99 +p&p (rrp £22.97)

Don - just looked at their website and the price there is only £5 for the set plus £2.95 postage - so even more of a bargain unless the good lady is ordering others and you can save a bit on the combined postage?

Morrisons are selling Harris Paint and hand wipes at 24 for £1. This compares favourably with DIY stores selling similar wipes at 40 for £4. Like it says on the packet they are ideal for cleaning paint and oil from hands and small brushes. Far safer than washing hands in white spirit.

• RMweb Premium

I just keeping on giving links to big retailers ;-) Anyhow Hawkins Bazaar have an online 10% off voucher code for their Hornby range until midnight 19th November. It's....RAILWAY.

Unfortunately everything on there is tip-top price.

That would e.g. bring the price of the R4174C Gresley coach down to just £17.81 more than Hornby want for it! :jester:

Keith

This was my 'bargain of the week'... A DCC ready Bachmann 3MT Tank for $50.00 Au (under £28.00)...!

post-14327-0-84933800-1416029893_thumb.jpg

Not a thing wrong with it. The chap I purchased it from had bought it brand new, (May 2014) and he even supplied the receipt from the shop. Ebay can be a wonderful thing, if you're quick !

Cheers, Gary.

• RMweb Gold

To get this thread back on track (No pun intended!) stumbled across the find on Modelfair. Hornby R3118 Penrice Castle for £102.50! A bargain in my opinion when everyone else is stocking them for £120 upwards. It states there in stock, Just hoping I don't get an email stating its a website error or the stock levels are wrong!

http://www.modelfair.com/product/59225/Hornby-r3118-penrice-castle-br-late-crest-double-chimney

Archived