Bachmann Class 37 409 DRS

smg201

Great News! I have been watching the ModelRailOffers.co.uk like a hawk for the last week poised to order my Direct Rail Service Compass livery Bachmann Class 37 409 "Lord Hilton". Just earlier they have appeared for pre-ordering and i subsequently have pre-ordered myself one...my first Class 37 I shall be owning :)

There is a standard DCC Ready one at £85: http://www.modelrailoffers.co.uk/product/35389/32381Q_MR_Bachmann_Class_37_Diesel_Locomotive_number_37_409

and a DCC Sound one at £179.99: http://www.modelrailoffers.co.uk/product/35464/32381QDS_MR_Bachmann_Class_37_Diesel_Locomotive_number_37_409

I would get pre-ordering quick as i doubt these will hang around long. Considering only 500 standards and 250 sounds are being made...with thousands of Nuke flasks on their way...and only this one Bachmann model in the latest DRS livery.

There is a photo of the pre-production model on the Model Rail face thingy site:

ive just ordered 2 none sound ones, The second will become 37423 for me

Is it fairly easy to re-number a Bachmann 37 then...ie DRS number decals and removing the orginal numbers?

If so, i rather fancy having 37 688 Kingmoor too.

Though i would imagine, this limited edition being the only compass livery 37. It shall sell quick enough for either MR or someone else to also commission a compass livery 37.

I know Cheltenham and Rail Exclusive did limited runs, but of the older DRS livery, would love to have 2 compass DRS 37s. They always seem to go out in pairs :)

The link to the non-sound version simply takes you to the home page... and the same if you click on the item within the "Diesel locomotives" section of the website?

Is there something wrong with the web page, or have they sold out already? :(

The link to the non-sound version simply takes you to the home page... and the same if you click on the item within the "Diesel locomotives" section of the website?

Is there something wrong with the web page, or have they sold out already? :(

It must be your web browser? I have checked with both Firefox and Safari and all is working fine. Still there for ordering :)

Links from Safari into Firefox here: (I did firefox to firefox yesterday) I hope they work, sorry they didnt earlier.

Non Sound: http://www.modelrail...e_number_37_409

Sound: http://www.modelrail...e_number_37_409

If that fails, just give Kernow a call, always helpful on 01209 714099.

• RMweb Gold

I had the same problem last night when I tried to order the sound vesion. Went to the ModelRailOffers website, logged on (as Kernow customer) but when I clicked on the sound version it only took me to the analoque version.

Then used the link provided by smg201 in his message and got through to the sound version order form....wierd!! Placed the order and got the confirmation e:mail from Kernow for the sound version.

Keith

I now need to acquire 37038 to renumber as 37087

The cantrail grilles on 37038 are incorrect for 37087, might not be an issue to you though.

I would love to see 37087 done by Model Rail with the correct RSH grilles though :yes:

37409 is very temping indeed, must resist, must resist :mail: :laugh_mini:

Would anyone know what Nuclear Flask is most suitable to 37409? I model Southern and South West England (I think there is a Nuclear plant in Somerset?)

Bachmann have three up for pre-order. Do i need 38-345 FNA with flat floor and round buffers, 38-346 FNA with sloping floor and oval buffers or 38-347 FNA with sloping floor and round buffers? Sorry i know nothing about nuclear things...I come out in cold sweats of fear thinking about nuclear, but best address my phobia and have 37409 put to work hauling these top secret movements?!

Thanks in advance.

Hi SMG201

The best FNA would be 38-346 Bachmann UK FNA nuclear flask wagon in standard Buff livery with sloping floor, changeover valve & oval Buffers as these were the last built. But the 38-347 FNA with sloping floor and round buffers are stll in use.

As for the Flask depot in Somerset that is Bridgwater Rail Head, in a siding just off Bridgwater station. If you look at the link I posted in post #10, above there are some pics of 37409 at Bridgwater

Cheers Tigger

Hi SMG201

The best FNA would be 38-346 Bachmann UK FNA nuclear flask wagon in standard Buff livery with sloping floor, changeover valve & oval Buffers as these were the last built. But the 38-347 FNA with sloping floor and round buffers are stll in use.

As for the Flask depot in Somerset that is Bridgwater Rail Head, in a siding just off Bridgwater station. If you look at the link I posted in post #10, above there are some pics of 37409 at Bridgwater

Cheers Tigger

Super brilliant for the advise, I shall get myself a 38-346 on pre-order! Cracking photos too at Bridgwater Rail Head. I am almost thinking i should order a 2nd 37409 to re-number, I dont want 37409 breaking down when hauling nuclear material! lol.

Though this thread has had nearly 500 views, add that to Model Rails facebook page with what i would imagine alot more views. Then 37409 sales must be going good! It isnt even announced in the magazine yet! I bet this model will be a quick seller, surely that will justify or inspire MR or someone else to commission another compass livery 37?! As i rather not renumber a limited edition!

Though this thread has had nearly 500 views, add that to Model Rails facebook page with what i would imagine alot more views. Then 37409 sales must be going good! It isnt even announced in the magazine yet! I bet this model will be a quick seller, surely that will justify or inspire MR or someone else to commission another compass livery 37?! As i rather not renumber a limited edition!

A "Dummy" Class 37 with a different number would be nice for double heading, like Dapol do with the Class 67 they make for N gauge. This would help us poor people as well :good:

Just about to place my order of a non sound version, looks good, yet another 37 to find space for :O Would love to buy a sound version but cant justify double the price for sound, no matter how good!

One wonders (hopes?) if over time the price of sound fitted locos will reduce once the initial development costs are covered (assuming this is the reason to justify high cost as the technology itself cost no where this much?). If sound fitted locos were an extra £50 say (rather than near £100) I would be buying loads!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With 37087 at Barrow Hill for Model Rail Live, i hope the only boiler fitted and split box loco on the main line is the subject of the next Limited Edition ;)

I'd be up for this one definitely !!!!!"

Especially as 038 is like rocking horse poo to find and expensive to use as a renumber rename project and also as per previous post is incorrect body.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived