Bachmann Class 37 409 DRS

smg201

• RMweb Gold

Just been told today by email that mines been dispatched by Kernow so yes they are on the move.

Little miffed that they were on offer for pickup yesterday at Warley to joe public for less than what I, as a subcriber, put down some time ago! Its only £1.50 difference but its the point, maybe teach me to take a gamble and dont subscribe purely to get modelrail offer discounts I guess and wait until a show to pickup! I wasnt allowed to pick it up yesterday so will await its arrival by post which is a bit of a pain but hey ho.

....I, too, don't like seeing things like this.....but maybe their answer will be that as the loco was collected in person there would be no postage/packing charges ......but then postage/packing costs more than £1.50......so Joe Public saves but somebody else saves more.......

Be interesting to see what they say.

Keith

i paid for mine on non subscriber mag rate, what is the difference in price had i collected from warley today?

They were up for 75 notes yesterday. I would have happily accepted a discount if I could have picked mine up yesterday to save post but wasnt allowed to.

I can see what MR are doing and its understanable in a way but it wont go down well with anyone who paid full price in the mag or subscriber rate (their core customer base rather than those that just rolled up yesterday). Its not like this is an old ltd ed that they are clearing out the stock room of, its only just out!

• RMweb Gold

Hmmmm, that is quite a difference in price, doubly so for me as i also ordered the vi trains 47 when i gave kernow my new card details, that was on sale today for £50 (a saving of £5 on what i paid on wed!!)

Kernow did check on their system whether my locos had been dispatched, the order was in the hands of the post room, had they not have been so i would have collected today instead (and saved about £15)

Never mind, live and learn, the flip side could have been a similar scenario to the modelzone "experiment" model, dont order, dont get

I also paid the non subscribers rate and have emailed them to express my feelings

"Sir

I was shocked to find that the above model was for sale at Warley for £75

Please tell me how this can be. You advertise the model and expect people to commit to buy one several months in advance, thus giving you the business advantage of a fair indication as to the possible market, you offer a discount to subscribers to encourage more to subscribe and maintain their subscriptions. Then a few days after release offer it to everybody else at a cheaper price.

I can tell you now that this has not gone down well with me and several others.

I am not a subscriber to your superb publication, all though I was considering it. Whilst I can see there are several advantages to being a subscriber, the main on for me, discounted offers, is no longer valid".

In future I will not pre order but get the items I want at a show nearly 10% cheeper

I look forward to your reply.

I will let you know when I get a reply

Just emailed them.....

"Just wanted to convey my disappointment, and that of others in the RMWeb forums, in that the class 37 DRS loco's were selling for less (at Warley) than I purchased mine online as a subscriber. I appreciate that the monetary difference was negligible however I do feel that pre-order customers should not have been disadvantaged in this way and we look forward to receiving refunds of £1.50 as a gesture of your goodwill."

As I mentioned earlier its not about the money but the principle...treat everyone equally! If enough of us complain we may get something back!

Mine arrived this morning and she has been pressed in to service

post-7934-0-93119300-1321720962_thumb.jpg

post-7934-0-60197900-1321720969_thumb.jpg

post-7934-0-71825600-1321720981_thumb.jpg

I have yet to add all the detailing parts, kadees etc. and the name plates but it appears to be a fine model :D :clapping_mini:

in regards to Petes recent photo of the real 37409 earlier today this clearly points out what i said on the previous page, (1) bodyside window missing on the real one but there on the model n (2) colour on the tranfers on the model should change via fading to the other colour on the lines before the star and not not just go from blue to a greenish colour like that

Hi everyone,

Due to moving house from when I placed my order I decided to get my sound fitted model sent to my mothers address and whilst it has arrived safely I won't be able to check it for another couple of weeks so is it right what others have said about the nameplates not being included with the sound fitted models?

On a seperate note when I placed my order back in July the website only had one postage option to select, it would not let me go any further with my order unless I selcted that option. I had read the site information that model rail models would be sent post free and my confirmation e-mail stated Royal Mail standard delivery and that if a postage charge appeared in this it would not be charged at time of despatch. I was extremely unhappy to find that I had been charged £10 for special delivery. I e-mailed a copy of my confrmation which clearly says standard delivery but have been refused a refund of this when the website was at fault. I await a further response. I noticed from here that several people had issues with the website around the time I placed my order and wondered if anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks,

Mark

I've paid £76.50, however I'm having to wait two weeks :(

I agree with the others, They could have sold them for the Non Subscriber rate, as I took out my subscription out so I could benefit from the discount as well as regularly receiving the Mag.

How many at Warley bought for £75.00 to plonk on Ebay at over inflated prices??

in regards to Petes recent photo of the real 37409 earlier today this clearly points out what i said on the previous page, (1) bodyside window missing on the real one but there on the model n (2) colour on the tranfers on the model should change via fading to the other colour on the lines before the star and not not just go from blue to a greenish colour like that

To be fair the model does fade from blue to green, it my poor photography that does not show it well. But it is not as subtle as on the prototype

Text from modelrailoffers.co.uk

MODEL RAIL SUBSCRIBERS

The price shown on this product is the standard price. To obtain your subscriber discount you must enter your subscriber number in the customer message field when placing your order. We will manually verify this and apply the discount when processing your order. The subscription must be current at the time we send the order.

So £85.00 is the Standard Price

We await Model Rails response...

I have had a responce :D

But it is not very informative :unsure:

"The show price of £75 was not a special offer but a reflection of the

> fact that there were no postage or handling costs to be covered. It

> would not have been fair to visitors to charge the full mail order

> price. I hope this clarifies the situation.

>

> Regards

>

> Ben"

My reply

"Hi Ben

Thanks for your reply but that does not make sense. What you are saying is that the P & P for an non subscriber is £10 (that is very high to post such a package). £5 is probably more realistic even that is a little high.

Your reply does not address the issues of subscription, your advert in the November edition of your magazine states "Model Railway subscribers now receive up to 10% discount on limited addition models" does it mean that they would have received a discount at the show had they been able to prove their subscription at the show. But you had not advertised the fact that you would be selling these items at the show so nobody would be able to do that!

You also have not addressed the early commitment that I mentioned in in my original email. I would be grateful for a full reply instead of a dismissive one blaming it all on P & P

Again I look forward to your reply"

Chris Trerise has dropped me an email from Kernow to clarify a couple of points within the topic.

Just a tad naughty as I've just checked my account and the money for my sound one came out on the 14th Nov...

Response:

We started charging for these models last weekend knowing they would be in on Tuesday so that we could start sending them out immediately. Legally we have 28 days after charging before the models have to be sent although we of course process much quicker than this. On the sound versions it became evident that there were no nameplates and so we had to stop sending these until the nameplates could be sent to us. Instead we concentrated on sending the non-sound versions. The nameplates then arrived with us on Friday and we have been busy packing ever since.

Hopefully this explains the short delay involved in this context.

On a seperate note when I placed my order back in July the website only had one postage option to select, it would not let me go any further with my order unless I selcted that option. I had read the site information that model rail models would be sent post free and my confirmation e-mail stated Royal Mail standard delivery and that if a postage charge appeared in this it would not be charged at time of despatch. I was extremely unhappy to find that I had been charged £10 for special delivery. I e-mailed a copy of my confrmation which clearly says standard delivery but have been refused a refund of this when the website was at fault. I await a further response. I noticed from here that several people had issues with the website around the time I placed my order and wondered if anyone else had this issue?

Response:

As this customer emailed yesterday we have been able to identify him and investigate. At the checkout stage there are always two postage options and the text on this page reads

Each delivery option has a price shown adjacent. If there is no price shown then the option is FREE on this order. Please remember that all Model Rail items are sent post free by Royal Mail to UK addresses only. This post free offer is only for standard delivery but you may select the enhanced courier service for rapid delivery the price of which is shown adjacent to the postage option. If you select anything other than the £4 standard delivery or the free option you will be charged the amount shown for the enhanced delivery.

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE

It is a requirement of Model Rail Magazine that all orders for locomotives are sent with a signed for service. An additional charge of £5 will be added to all international orders to cover this requirement. This £5 charge is per parcel sent - further information is available upon request.

The customer selected the upgraded option and as a result the order was one of the first packed and sent (by me in fact). There were no website problems that I am aware of, and in ten years I have never known the website have a postage option go missing. Five other orders were placed around the same time (within 10 minutes either side) and none of those people selected the upgraded option. In total, of more than 600 orders placed for this model only 8 people selected the upgraded option. The confirmation email that has been sent to us by the customer clearly shows the £10 charge and not the £4 standard charge. Data protection means I cannot share this with you now but I can assure you that this is the case.

I can appreciate there may have been some confusion in this case but it's always worth making doubly sure which option has been requested.

As further clarification:

Standard Price £85.00 inc P&P

Subscribers' 10% Discount price = £76.50 inc P&P

Show price = £75.00 and no P&P

Any mail orders at standard or subscribers price also cater for a handling cost as part of the fulfilment process, those costs are not there in the show offer as they were collected in bulk a couple of days before the show opened. It was by no means certain whether the models would have been available before the show anyway and of course that stock is only what would have been available after the initial orders were fulfilled.

From my perspective the differences are negligible but at least the capacity to pre-order made sure those who wanted the item most will be getting their models.

The non-sound version is now sold out.

I can see why Model Rail subscibers feel that this might devalue their subscription but then again are there many people who subscribe just for a discount on a limited edition? Personally i subscribe becasue MR is a good mag and the discounts/offers are a bonus.

IMHO this has been pitched just about perfectly although there is a case to say that it's been slightly under-sold from a cost perspective seeing as the the non-sound version is sold out. There are plenty of limited editions and special runs out there which have been available for ages so in this case, i think it's a job well done all round!

By the way, it's a stonking model and the service, packing and subscriber cost of £76.50 have all been spot on :clapping_mini:

It reports its type back as a V4.0 so it should have the correct speaker.

Incidentally, is there supposed to be a diagram to show where the plates go? There's no decal on the model and I cant find an illustration.

Ian_B

Is the sound version fitted with the V4 Loksound/4ohm speaker ?

TIA

It reports its type back as a V4.0 so it should have the correct speaker.

Incidentally, is there supposed to be a diagram to show where the plates go? There's no decal on the model and I cant find an illustration.

Ian_B

Nameplates are fitted centrally directly below the radiator bodyside grilles. See PH's photo's earlier in this thread, also some good ones on flicker.com

HTH

Hi everyone,

Due to moving house from when I placed my order I decided to get my sound fitted model sent to my mothers address and whilst it has arrived safely I won't be able to check it for another couple of weeks so is it right what others have said about the nameplates not being included with the sound fitted models?

Many thanks,

Mark

Mark/all

I found the postage options below a little confusing, despite the previous reply above from Chris at Kernow Models.

Firstly, it's impossible to select "this £4 option" mentioned in the first paragraph, because as can be seen below - it's simply not available

Secondly, there is no separate FREE option available to select, other than orders over £175 ?

A "Royal Mail" option of £10 ? for standard delivery/non-urgent/low value orders, which depending on the number of items ordered could be considered a tad excessive. Perhaps this option should be selected to get the FREE UK postage as advertised with Model Rail offers ?

Finally, the remaining option, UK Mail: Goods sent out next working day FREE on orders over £175

Not exactly clear which option to choose if your ordering a £179.99 loco eligible for a Mag subscriber discount of 10%, especially when it states below " if you select any option other than the £4 standard delivery" - (and remember that option is not available),or the FREE option you will be charged the amount shown.

Available Courier Services

Each delivery option has a price shown adjacent. If there is no price shown then the option is FREE on this order. Please remember that all Model Rail items are sent post free by Royal Mail to UK addresses only. This post free offer is only for standard delivery but you may select the enhanced courier service for rapid delivery the price of which is shown adjacent to the postage option. If you select anything other than the £4 standard delivery or the free option you will be charged the amount shown for the enhanced delivery.

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE

It is a requirement of Model Rail Magazine that all orders for locomotives are sent with a signed for service. An additional charge of £5 will be added to all international orders to cover this requirement. This £5 charge is per parcel sent - further information is available upon request. Please Choose a Courier Service Royal Mail Standard Delivery £10.00 For non-urgent or low value orders UK Mail Next Working Day Goods sent out guaranteed next day delivery (does not include Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays) - FREE on orders over £175

Are they the same on both sides? The earlier pics only show one side! The Flicker picks weren't useful wrt the nameplates.

Thanks

Ian_B

Nameplates are fitted centrally directly below the radiator bodyside grilles. See PH's photo's earlier in this thread, also some good ones on flicker.com

HTH

Are they the same on both sides? The earlier pics only show one side! The Flicker picks weren't useful wrt the nameplates.

Thanks

Ian_B

Try searching flicker for 37409 Lord Hinton. There are a number of good photos showing the nameplates on both sides. The light engine photo at Crewe shows the plates on the opposite side (no2 end leading) to photos posted by PH on this thread.

Archived