Bachmann Class 37 409 DRS

smg201

• RMweb Premium

and the first of these have appeared on ebay and i still aint recieved mine yet

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f10ad8ee6

Listed as "brand new unopened", yet the description has "

CONDITION : This model is in mint condition. The loco has been tested on a rolling road ( half an hour run, both directions ) and performed extremely well in both directions, with excellent slow speed running. "

Cheers,

Mick

thats when i ordered mine also, but they have over 300 to post when i spoke to them last week. So hopefully will have them soon n just have to be patient but cant wait to recieve mine since 37409 seen loads on snowplough duties n saloon n exworks at barrowhill n even there when it was named n got a bit of a soft spot for it

The issue with the raised side windows under the decal is very poor. Especially as they make such a play about careful research. Well, not that careful hey? It'll make a perfect model to rework as 37423 mind, but not as 409...... which is a real shame as it looks a first class model. How did they manage to miss that?! Its soooo obvious! Its the only /4 to date which has them plated, and i'm sure when they first advertised it in the magazine it mentioned it being new tooling. Well its not. Its the standard Bachmann /4 tooling.

Can highly recommend the PH new noses though - i hope you are all glad i commissioned Pete to do them ;-)

A

Listed as "brand new unopened", yet the description has "

CONDITION : This model is in mint condition. The loco has been tested on a rolling road ( half an hour run, both directions ) and performed extremely well in both directions, with excellent slow speed running. "

Cheers,

Mick

At least it's not got the ridiculous "Buy it Now". Seriously see no point in that option, should be banned for anyone but shops!

The issue with the raised side windows under the decal is very poor. Especially as they make such a play about careful research. Well, not that careful hey? It'll make a perfect model to rework as 37423 mind, but not as 409...... which is a real shame as it looks a first class model. How did they manage to miss that?! Its soooo obvious! Its the only /4 to date which has them plated, and i'm sure when they first advertised it in the magazine it mentioned it being new tooling. Well its not. Its the standard Bachmann /4 tooling.

Can highly recommend the PH new noses though - i hope you are all glad i commissioned Pete to do them ;-)

A

How about a replacement body side like the 37/7s they dont have that side window

Mine arrived safely today via UKMail as confirmed yesterday by an e-mail , they even sent another to advise it had been delivered (as if I did'nt already know) but hey - all round that's great service - post free also. Very well finished model, with loads of tiny brandings markings, plated bodyside windows would have been the icing on the cake, but it may also have proved uneconomical to re-tool for this.

Unfortuneately, Bachmann have, as with L/L 37 417 not included the correct information for the fitted Lok V4 decoder, the paperwork is for the earlier V3.5 and as such the CV's and F buttons do not match what's actually fitted in the loco.

All in all very pleased with it :no:

• RMweb Gold

Looks like we have all had the same email then!!

Hopefully someone will be in to sign for it as the uk mail depot is in stoke on trent, 20 odd miles away, besides im hoping to go upto 250bobs tomorrow evening with it all howes sound chipped up (as well as the vi-trains 47 thats coming with it)

A

It's not a decal, for a start, it's printed. Show me where it said it was new tooling, please. Otherwise, withdraw these comments.

CHRIS LEIGH

Well, not that careful hey? ........ How did they manage to miss that?! Its soooo obvious!

It may be worth mentioning that several of us did not jump in and criticise you or Olivias when the painted samples of the EM1 were shown which makes the tone of your post grate even more than it does on its own.

There is a standard DCC Ready one at £85: http://www.modelrail...e_number_37_409

and a DCC Sound one at £179.99: http://www.modelrail...e_number_37_409

I don't see any reference to new tooling here:

32-381Q Bachmann Class 37 Diesel Locomotive number 37 409 named "Lord Hinton" in DRS livery.

This model features all-wheel drive, directional LED lights, cab lights, sprung buffers and a wealth of fine detail. Close attention has been paid to the plethora of authentic small decoration on the body and cabside. Etched metal nameplates and detailing parts are also included in the package.

Limited edition of 500, these models produced exclusively for Model Rail by Bachmann.

What I do see though are some extreme and disproportionate comments that take us sideways at best.

A

I have this model and cant see anything wrong with it, so could someone point out where the problem is ??

Cheers

James

Archived