Heljan Beyer garratt

Hugh Flynn

I think Rob has already got his, so I'll bet on him !!

Blimey, that was quick. Did he raid the mail centre overnight?

In that case we will have to change the sweep to who gets their loco last; and I am definitely in with a shout, as I entered the parcel code into the RM tracking website which said that the parcel number was not recognised. :scared:

• RMweb Gold

The nation holds its breath...

Still holding mine...!

Didn't come with today's delivery. Mind you it was only dispatched yesterday afternoon. Maybe tomorrow.

My anticipation is heightened as I want to see what will be involved in P4ing the thing! I've got the Ultrascales for it.....!

....It's all getting too much....!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Still holding mine...!

Didn't come with today's delivery. Mind you it was only dispatched yesterday afternoon. Maybe tomorrow.

My anticipation is heightened as I want to see what will be involved in P4ing the thing! I've got the Ultrascales for it.....!

....It's all getting too much....!

For a rest cure,try the Bachmann 2014 releases thread........oops!

Living in France , you have to have a letter box at your gate. My postman has a horrible habit of not opening the letter box , he never seems to have his pass key, but instead shouts  whilst he bangs the parcel on the top of the gate post. I always cringe when I see the brown paper parcel tied up with string being abused in this way.I  am now going to have to wait for him by the gate to avoid my precious Garratt ( no string around the parcel now) being banged /slapped down in this manner causing  the filler cap to come off the tank or something worse.

If it is posted today then Saturday will be the earliest day expected since post from Liverpool/Chester gets here the quickest. I hope it is not raining at 9.0 am Saturday morning as I wait by the gate !!!

I too live in France and insist on Hattons sending these expensive fragile items via DHL. It is £6 more (£14 each delivery), gets here in 48 hours and increases the probability that it will arrive in one piece.

When the postman delivered my EM1, he happily threw it over a 2 metre high fence onto concrete. Olivias had applied lots of extra sponge as I had asked them too, but still the model was damaged. Spare parts to repair it were sent free of charge. So where I can avoid it coming through via the postman.

The most stressful thing about model railways is delivery and hoping the model is ok! I don't get that with WWII re-enacting for some reason, army equipment seems to be much tougher...

My all weather Garratt is too on the way. This is liking waiting for the result of some important test... will it get here ok? will it be in one piece? will it work ok?  Oh... how can I enjoy my model railway.....

• Like 3

My anticipation is heightened as I want to see what will be involved in P4ing the thing!

I understand it has the 2.5mm axles so you will have a problem if you got the 1/8th. I have seen one on a demo under conversion, by Pete Hill using AGW 4F conversion sets, he indicated that he would be preparing an instruction sheet for the AGW downloads page but it hasn't made it to the page yet!

Keith

Edited by Grovenor

I wouldn't describe it as heavily weathered. One water tank filler cap missing, I did carefully check and Hatton's are putting one in the post. Now to get a sound decoder fitted.

Olivia's sound decoder fitted, pony truck brake shoes removed. I have fitted Kadees, due to the pocket being of incorrect height, I modified #5s and glued these in place. It runs a dream, with no problems through pointwork, a mixture of Peco, Shinohara and handbuilt. Not too fussed about the weathering as I intended to add extra anyway, beside, it may have had a bit of a spruce up prior to being transfered to 71G(In my world the WR never got their grubby hands on the S&D)

Edited for additions

Edited by JZ
  • Like 1

Mine arrived today. I must agree that the 'heavy' weathering is a real disappointment, Hardly any weathering if you ask me! Still it is all there and runs a treat everywhere on my Peco track so I'll just have to get the airbrush out again.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mine is not here yet but I am holding out for Saturday. Have already got a plan.

* remove packaging

* wipe away drool

* hope there is nothing missing

* take some shots and pop them on his thread

* run it at the club next week and record a short video

* weather even more heavily

* get and fit sound chip

* grin like a Cheshire Cat

Or......Pray it turns up tomorrow!

• Like 6

Mine is not here yet but I am holding out for Saturday. Have already got a plan.

* remove packaging

* wipe away drool

* hope there is nothing missing

* take some shots and pop them on his thread

* run it at the club next week and record a short video

* weather even more heavily

* get and fit sound chip

* grin like a Cheshire Cat

Or......Pray it turns up tomorrow!

And if it fails to turn up...................................buy more pills.

Mine arrived today. I must agree that the 'heavy' weathering is a real disappointment, Hardly any weathering if you ask me! Still it is all there and runs a treat everywhere on my Peco track so I'll just have to get the airbrush out again.  

I too was half expecting the weathering to be a bit half hearted............but at the purchase price of the loco, I dont mind spending extra on a really good and professional weathering job.......but it will be playtime for a few months first.

Bob

• Like 2

It looks like a bumper delivery for me tomorrow. As expected my BG is sat in the Royal Mail Warrington hub on a 2day tracked delivery, however today Hattons packed a green livery Bachmann Class 101 DMU on a next day Royal Mail delivery. My poor postie tomorrow, and he's one of those who carries parcels on his bike. Hope I don't have an H&S incident, especially when my rescue sheepdog gets to the front door before me.

My wife knows about the BG as it was ordered as my 60th birthday present nearly 3 years ago, but she doesn't know about the 101, luckily she's on early shift at the local Co-op tomorrow morning!!!!. Can I be granted forgiveness or is a frying pan around the head the only option?? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It looks like a bumper delivery for me tomorrow. As expected my BG is sat in the Royal Mail Warrington hub on a 2day tracked delivery, however today Hattons packed a green livery Bachmann Class 101 DMU on a next day Royal Mail delivery. My poor postie tomorrow, and he's one of those who carries parcels on his bike. Hope I don't have an H&S incident, especially when my rescue sheepdog gets to the front door before me.

My wife knows about the BG as it was ordered as my 60th birthday present nearly 3 years ago, but she doesn't know about the 101, luckily she's on early shift at the local Co-op tomorrow morning!!!!. Can I be granted forgiveness or is a frying pan around the head the only option??

Explain its "unexpected" appearance by declaring the 101 is in fact theBG "support coach" & that Hattons had to deliver it in another package as it is an "abnormal load" by current Royal Mail regulations.

Its a bit like the customs when arriving home from abroad.........which channel do you choose....Green, nothing to declare....or Red Channel, frying pan round the back of the head.

Mine arrived 16.30 today by DHL, after being advised by Hattons yesterday afternoon by email that it had been packed and dispatched. Unfortunately, have no track to put it on yet. However, all items complete and undamaged. Will test on rolling road tomorrow

• Like 1

My collection is large enough that my wife won,t notice the sudden arrival of a new coach or loco as they all look the same to her.

The problem will be the Garrett which does not look like any other loco I have bah one.

Perhaps I should play with my big boy for a few days in the hopes that she will think it is that when it will arrive. (perhaps she should play with my big bog for a few days....)

Looking at the photos on Hattons, it seems that the heavy weathering has recieved a coat of varnish. This has a habit of making it look like you had not bothered to weather it at all.

If discovered.... Why don't you express righteous indignation that you had cancelled the order and quite obviously Hattons have made a mistake and you will have to send it back .... but it does look a nice model... and it is quite different from my other engines... and it will be an investment .... and it would make me really happy to keep it..... and the killer blow .... If I kept it then it is only fair that you have the  ??????? that you were looking at.

You never know your luck.

Or perhaps you would get a wet head .

I wouldn't mind seeing a honest to goodness straight from the box shot of the latest "heavily weathered" Garratt. 

As you might suspect my edited pic a couple of pages ago is somewhat based on a Hattons' website pic., my pic being so heavily modified it may or may not be seen as a 'copy', I am not allowed for copyright reasons to upload the Hattons website pics showing the unmodified 'straight-from-the-box' condition. But they are there on Hattons' site.

Hattons don't mind my illustrations in general, they have complimented me upon them, but until I receive my two weathered engines, probably in 4-7 days, I cobble together edited images. I look forward to others' pictures of the basic model as received, and will hopefully have similar 'honest' pics in a week from now.

Today I am creating a new pic of LMS 7983, lots of edited weathering, again, and steam...   and my apologies to any who thought I had received my weathered engines. 

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 1