The most horrible loo in model railways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Toilet

Particularly note the warning over the facility - never let it be said that William Shatner, who wrote the script for Star Trek V, was loth to extract the urine from the series!

Surely they could use the Transporter to remove waste, without the need for removing clothes, or having any special facilities!

Surely they could use the Transporter to remove waste, without the need for removing clothes, or having any special facilities!

An episode of "Deep Space Nine" hints that the writers may have been moving in that direction.

Dax has been demonstrating her conjuring skills, apparently producing an egg from her mouth. Quark is puzzled by the whole idea of sleight of hand, and finally decides: "Oh, she must have had it transported into her mouth - quite disgusting, really!"

I was amused to hear of a plastic portaloo being referred to by a Dr Who fan as "the Turdis"

SD

Oh as many festival goers will testify the epithet "Turdis" is not confined to Doctor Who conventions. Conversations often going something like this "I couldn't face the "Long Drops" but luckily there was a recently cleaned Turdis nearby."

The British and their toilet obsession eh? :scratchhead:

• 9 months later...

When I worked on the railways here in Australia a freight yard shunter told me of the time when they had to clean their own loos and there was one bloke who would make a "mess" in a freshly cleaned loo bowl. They had "words" with him time and time again but all to no avail. They eventually told the manager and this "messy" bloke was asked by the manager to explain his actions, so to speak.

He said that as a Polish man he was very well endowed and that he was unable to sit on the seat like others because if he did his willy would drop into the water in the bowl. The manager said that was a load of rubbish (his willy being too long to enable him to sit down).

So he whipped out his long willy and plonked it on the managers desk. The manager believed him and all was well. The Polish bloke was given his own loo brush to clean the after effects of his visit.

I'm surprised in Britain that there isn't a porta loo company called "Henry the turd" or taking a line from the movie Kenny a waste disposal company with the catch phrase "We're number 1 with your number 2's".

On the Keighley Model Railway clubs O gauge layout they had a small extension to a colliery layout called Adventure Colliery. Some body had built an open air urinal with a bloke having a "pee". Next to the outside wall was a wheelbarrow with a barrel in it and standing on that barrel was the local district nurse having a perv on the bloke at the urinal. The all seeing colliery manager was watching her. The narrator said "perhaps it was in the interest of efficiency".  

• RMweb Premium

I'm surprised in Britain that there isn't a porta loo company called "Henry the turd" or taking a line from the movie Kenny a waste disposal company with the catch phrase "We're number 1 with your number 2's".

Portable loos used at the Dagenham Town Show for some years were provided by a company called Cox Cabins.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps on a model railway you could have a shed representing a WC with notice on it reading.....Ladies Room Caution Men at Work.

Maybe on railway stations the "ladies room" was kept under cover and close to the staff as woman make more of a mess then men do.

As a professional public toilet cleaner for the last 12 years I can in all honesty say they a female toilet is FAR worse than a males. The have a natural tendency to throw rubbish all over the floor, stick used sanitary wear to partition walls even though used sanitary bins are provided. With dual flush toilets they usually use the short flush which for a No.2 is not able to flush the contents away. After you get 10 woman doing that in a row you have a blocked toilet. Nappies are flushed down toilets blocking them and huge amounts of unused toilet paper are just thrown over the floor and fixtures. 

So no wonder ladies facilities were under cover in the main station buildings. Know doubt station staff needed to clean them on a very regular basis.

As for smelly urinals those round coloured blocks you see only cover the smell but don't get to the route of the cause which is a build up of uric acid which is in your wee wee and builds up in the drain. A highly concentrated acidic bleach formula gets rid of it coupled with a high pressure water blaster. I do the drains on my run once a month. I haven't put urinal crystals in for years, don't need them. The bleach I use is industrial grade Domestos not available in supermarkets.

Interestingly wee wee was once used to wash cloths especially at sea in Nelson's time. Ordinary bath soap doesn't work in sea water so wee wee was used instead because it's acidic and removes dirt. It was also used ashore as ordinary people couldn't afford soap (which was a luxury item). Just imagine if a woman was half way through doing the washing and she ran out of wee wee. Wouldn't she be pissed off.

If you have any citrus trees or tomato plants, wee on them and you get better fruit....scouts honour. 

Archived