a1 partwork Flying Scotsman

Don't but I have just sent off for 5 different free samples of water slide Decals hope there is something that I can use, you can get decals in England and Scotland for around £11.

What have you ordered from America, I might try to get a decal sheet on ebay to try out

the printing..

Ted..

Don't but I have just sent off for 5 different free samples of water slide Decals hope there is something that I can use, you can get decals in England and Scotland for around £11.

What have you ordered from America, I might try to get a decal sheet on ebay to try out

the printing..

Ted..

Well I Hope I have ordered 5 different free samples of water slide Decals I hope , they are in America, Fife Scotland and Macclesfield Yorkshire

OK, heres what I would try: Have a test shot on something first to practice tecnique!

1 Get some LOW TACK model masking tape and mask up on either side of each boiler band. I think "Tamiya" makes one - You need to make sure your paint is completely dry before you do this.

2: Then very carefully paint the lines on.

3 When paint is just dry, carefully remove the masking tape and set aside to dry.

I didnt buy any of the decals with mine, one look told me they would be troublecool.gif

By the way, your model looks fantastic, I just hope mine comes close to the standard you have achieved!

Rattus

The HMRS (Historical Model Railway Society) do transfers for the LNER in 7mm with the lining (sheet 5) coming in "Pressfix" and the lettering (sheet 4) coming in methfix.

If you're not familiar with these types of transfer, "Pressfix" means that the transfer is sticky to start with whilst "methfix" means that you activate the adhesive with a diluted mixture of methylated spirit. For both types of transfer, all you have to do is cut around the transfer you want (face side up), peel the transfer/carrier sheet from the main backing sheet and press into place. A quite flood of water (Pressifx) or the meths mixture (Methifx) and the carrier film will then slide away (when it is fully wetted), leaving the transfer in position - no problem at all! A quite spray of varnish and the transfer is permanently in place.

I've never been a great fan of waterslide decals (as they have, to me, no "stickiness" at all). At £18 per sheet (UK price), however, the HMRS transfers are not as cheap as printing your own. Nonetheless, you do get an awful lot of lining and lettering for those next LNER models!

Hope this helps

Regards, Stan Owen

Hi I got a piece of what looks like 1.6mm stainless steel, don't know what issue, and don't know what its for too short for the grab rail, any way I have finished the lining of boiler and I'm amazed I did it wooooop wooooop, BUT and its a big BUT because I ruined a strip (a line) I am now about 3inches short and can not do the lining on the one that buts up to the cab , any offers lol lol

Bridlington Rob

Hi Bridlington Rob

Why not get a back issue from jacklyn in newcastle for £5.49..I have searched the web

but can find decals but no linings , perhaps fox might do them but for the money it cost you

might as well go back to jacklyn, also some body might end up with some over...its a pity they dont give you a couple of spares tight buggars..dont give up.

Ted..

P.s the experts use a lining pen..£££££££££££... sad.gif

Bridlington Bob

I'm not going to be using my Hachette transfers (I've bought HMRS Pressfix for the lining) so if you're short of a strip for completion, drop me your postal address at stan.owen@btinternet.com and I'll stick a strip in the post

Regards, Stan Owen

I'm sure there was a guy in the old thread of this topic who had some kind of model rail business, who was printing a better version of the lining/decals for this model and offering it for sale, if I recall rightly he also had dial decals for sale :unsure:

Hi All

Just sent off an email to Jacklyn to complain about a fualty cast atomiser,(was really bad only half cast) has anyone complained

before and what response do you get..

Ted..

With out Predudice.

my email from, Subject: FLYING SCOTS

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

I have replaced issue 118 for you please allow approximately 14-28 days for delivery.

Issue 117 has already been posted and currently in transit please allow 14-28 days for delivery.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Kind regards

Cathy Banda

Customer Care Consultant

Please also remember to update us with any new address or telephone number so that we can keep our files up to date

Thanks husonrobert49

About par for the course I suppose I also notice their instructions are getting very sloppy as if you should know what to do

or is it me I found the best way to complain was to go to head office in hackney/islington London..

regards

Ted...

:lol: Hi=Ted

"Chuckle",Didn't we say way back at the beginning of the series:-"Wonder when we get the bag 'o' coal" :lol: it was 124, now 125 should be a bottle'o' "Fresh Water" :D :D ROB

Hi Rob

Did you forget about the nice Flying Scotsman badges to go on the side over the middle wheels..(or did I miss them )I expect the biggest bag

of goodies or some cheap decals, anyone know where you can buy the nameplates still no reply from Jacklyn

on my email I notice no phone number for Head office I think we should do the reverse and march on Jarrow

Regards

Ted...P.s where could I put this water you better glue the coal in else it will make a mess when it falls off the rails..

:rolleyes: :( :lol: :huh:

Having been following this thread since it started, I'm impressed at the determination and success of you all. Some experienced modellers would think twice before starting such a complex project, but some new entrants to the hobby have shown that with patience, even the most inexperienced can build up the confidence and skill required to complete something of this complexity.

By way of encouragement, can I offer a set of alternative nameplates to the first 3 completed and lined models? All I ask in return is a few photos of the nameplate on the model. Current stock includes: 60035, 60040, 60041, 60047, 60052, 60063, 60077,60088, 60092, 60096-60100, 60103, 60107 & 60110. For those who have built static models, yours doesn't have to be a runner, just look tidy enough you're proud to show it.

Once again, can I congratulate you on getting this far!

Regards,

Simon.

Having been following this thread since it started, I'm impressed at the determination and success of you all. Some experienced modellers would think twice before starting such a complex project, but some new entrants to the hobby have shown that with patience, even the most inexperienced can build up the confidence and skill required to complete something of this complexity.

By way of encouragement, can I offer a set of alternative nameplates to the first 3 completed and lined models? All I ask in return is a few photos of the nameplate on the model. Current stock includes: 60035, 60040, 60041, 60047, 60052, 60063, 60077,60088, 60092, 60096-60100, 60103, 60107 & 60110. For those who have built static models, yours doesn't have to be a runner, just look tidy enough you're proud to show it.

Once again, can I congratulate you on getting this far!

Regards,

Simon.

Hi thanks for your kind remarks :rolleyes: , Blue Peter, Old Time Workshop and any one Else, I know all of yours will be and are Just as good as mine, Especially your brass tender you built Blue Peter.(ACE) :O

I am not going to rush, but I hope I'm one of the three :lol: :lol: :lol:

I my self am going to keep it Static for now, but it will run if I put the motor in, haven't got the room :angry: :angry: :angry: well so far.

I my self am going to keep it Static for now, but it will run if I put the motor in, haven't got the room angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif well so far.

Is that a very large motor you're planning, or a very small house?

Seriously, whilst a 'layout in a boxfile' is a bit too small to be sensible, some sort of micro-layout might have potenial, even in the smallest of spaces. Some sort of MPD/shed/main works diorama. There is plenty of inspiration of very small layouts on this forum, you just need to find a scene to model that appeals. If more space is found in future, you've already honed your scenic skills in this scale, and your creation might bolt onto wherever the next board is.

Regards,

Simon.

As I stated a while back I am in the process of making a few extra bits to convert my Flying Scotsman into a late BR A3. I have designed a few etched parts and have been quoted a price of £25 to do the lot including the one off toolmaking cost. I'm totally new to this and am hoping if its successfull to make other parts for this and other models. I attach a low res image of the artwork I have created for the bits I have designed so far. They include surrounds for the superheater covers, a front middle cylinder cover, a new rivetted buffer beam and an aws protector plate for underneath the front bufferbeam.

post-2064-127382119473.jpg

Good evening all,

Having got to the stage where I have painted my loco chassis and wheels, fitted the pick ups and motor I thought I would post a piccy or 2. This is where it went wrong. I cannot remember how to get my pics from Flickr on to here. Ah well, if anyone is interested they can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sillyoldbegger/? . As an aside, I am very inexperienced at using an airbrush - in fact I used mine once on my turntable and made a complete boo boo. :( So I was more than pleased :) when I found out that there is an aerosol available.

For those of a similar cack handidness to me it is Doncaster Green made by Railmatch and I got mine from Squires at a cost of £5.99 plus postage. Please note, I have no connection with them I am just a releive and happy customer.

Happy modelling

Mike

Archived