RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

13 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

"Crews from Cleobury and Much Wenlock Fire Stations were called to distinguish the fire at around 8.40am."

https://www.ludlowadvertiser.co.uk/news/regional/18625104.severn-valley-railway-hit-arson-one-day-reopening/

Perhaps it was a training exercise: "Lesson 1 - how to distinguish a fire from bowl of bananas and red apples"

And just in case they edit it, a screenshot for posterity, with extinguish in the caption and distinguish in the body:

938627299_FireDistinguisher.jpg.9bdc2615a631827a2eee0b88119896e7.jpg

Although come to think of it shouldn't our posts be over in the Things That Make You Smile thread. Oh well.

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 01/08/2020 at 23:36, martin_wynne said:

Here is the proof that God does not exist:

http://westernreservelightningrod.com/lightning-protection-for-churches/

Martin.

Nahhhhh....

They've got to have protection as their insurance won't pay up unless one is installed.

If the church doesn't have a lightning conductor, the insurance company would disallow the claim because its an Act of God...

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

13 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Nahhhhh....

They've got to have protection as their insurance won't pay up unless one is installed.

If the church doesn't have a lightning conductor, the insurance company would disallow the claim because its an Act of God...

So.....   Proof that god exists, relies upon you having a Lightening Conductor fitted, so your Insurance will pay up, when god decides to throw the Thunder and Lightening stuff at your church.........

.........  Ummm??  :) 

Julian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Johnster said:

No point having kids if you can't mess with their heads a little...

Hi Johnster,

I used to tell my daughter that the ice cream van played a tune as warning that they had run out of ice cream.

It nearly worked the first time I tried the story, after that she used to tell me that we should rush to get to the front of the queue before they actually did run out.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

10 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Johnster,

I used to tell my daughter that the ice cream van played a tune as warning that they had run out of ice cream.

It nearly worked the first time I tried the story, after that she used to tell me that we should rush to get to the front of the queue before they actually did run out.

Gibbo.

I tell them that it has already run out and it is playing to say not worth going to it.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, richard i said:

Seen up on the moors. I managed to convince my kids that the trees got up and moved around. That is why film companies came to the moor to film lord of the rings and prince caspian films.

0923FE83-627B-4DFB-8BCD-F9C7B2A2DBBF.jpeg.e9d0e6688465f37ae02497e1bfe5a05e.jpeg

richard

Ah yes, there's that old favourite "heavy plant crossing"...

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

No picture I'm afraid, and yes I do understand the seriousness of the present "C-word", but this made me chuckle.

Whittlesey, near Peterborough last week. I came across a set of temporary traffic lights for roadworks (pipe laying?) in the opposite lane. They were situated at a junction into an estate on the rhs which was closed, presumably the next road got you there anyway? Footpath was still open round the corner though for pedestrians, complete with a H&S fence to stop them straying into the road works.

I noted the big yellow warning sign for the pedestrians. "Due to Covid 19, pedestrians should obey the lights" (or words very similar). They had installed "green man" lights either end of the curve for pedestrians, completely independent of the roadworks lights! 

I can't see those lights being obeyed....

Stewart

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

23 hours ago, richard i said:

Seen up on the moors. I managed to convince my kids that the trees got up and moved around. That is why film companies came to the moor to film lord of the rings and prince caspian films.

0923FE83-627B-4DFB-8BCD-F9C7B2A2DBBF.jpeg.e9d0e6688465f37ae02497e1bfe5a05e.jpeg

richard

We used to be told to look out for the Triffids...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

The entrance to underground parking beneath local apartments: 

IMG_1812.JPG.943723b11ef3e2ca38517c4bf0bee8f1.JPG

With this notice on the wall on the right:

IMG_1811.JPG.57173859de41685387ce4e0e600e79a3.JPG

I presume it means not to follow a car immediately in front and risk getting caught by the descending gate. But it could have been phrased a bit better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I think it has more to do with the leaving car loitering at the top of the ramp long enough for the gate to close to deter "low life" from entering the basement before the gate has closed.

Kev.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, SHMD said:

I think it has more to do with the leaving car loitering at the top of the ramp long enough for the gate to close to deter "low life" from entering the basement before the gate has closed.

I think you’re right. I did wonder why it was on that side of the ramp, which would be the ‘passenger’ side going down. But a sign hung from the roof, in front of a car going up the ramp, would surely be more obvious.

(But this is all so unnecessary - we have no ‘low life’ in Port Moody! :nono:)

1 hour ago, JZ said:

Probably says 2.08M

Yes - 2.08M = 6ft 10in to the nearest inch.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

...ah, but they comply.

A separate door for entering only and a separate door for exiting!

(To the letter - not the spirit.)

Kev.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, SHMD said:

...ah, but they comply.

A separate door for entering only and a separate door for exiting!

(To the letter - not the spirit.)

Kev.

Supermarkets could reduce their electricity bills if they only had one pair of automatic doors opening, and one side was for entering and the other was for exiting! 

I can’t remember where it was, but recently I saw a sign which said ‘When ascending these stairs, please walk on the left. When descending these stairs, please walk on the right.’

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, SVRlad said:

I can’t remember where it was, but recently I saw a sign which said ‘When ascending these stairs, please walk on the left. When descending these stairs, please walk on the right.’

Sign written by someone who'd got no further than the foot of the stairs!

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1