The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

I have a couple of discs supplied by the local car dealers, they clip onto the key ring for the car key, never without a means of releasing a trolley.

Jim

I have considered an angle grinder. Asking a checkout operator if you can plug in the extension lead is a bit fraught, however.....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 11

3 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

I have considered an angle grinder. Asking a checkout operator if you can plug in the extension lead is a bit fraught, however.....

The cordless ones have got a lot better recently, just saying!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 6

9 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Turning up with a blowlamp, goggles & welding mitts is a bit of a fashion statement, then?

No, but you could probably buy it all in store on the day!

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

17 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I have recently adopted a small Lidl trolley found abandoned on the street and intend to use it for skip raiding

Just you wait.

Uncle Heavy will be around to reclaim his trolley...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Blimey, the things that go on in Cardiff's nether regions!

Mike.

You don't know the half of it...

5 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

A lollipop stick or coffee stirrers works too, (according to a friend), all you're doing is pushing the latch backwards.

Mke

Not just me being a bit dodgy then, and at least I didn't blame a 'friend' (yeah, right..).

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.172b02748a8eee8a89c2671d60bb7de9.png

My eyes, my beautiful piggy little bloodshot eyes...

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This gratuitous example of that which is seen and cannot be unseen is an object lesson in the dangers of peer pressure.

The lesson of "if all your friends ___jumped__off__a__bridge_____*  would you too?" seems to have been lost.

* substitute: ___wore  mankinis  and  top  hats___

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Funny 3

Yes.

Did it as a dare at a music festival for a couple of pints. Only in the campsite area. Didn't wear it in the part where bands were on and it was for a very short time of about half an hour.

Thankfully I doubt there is any visual evidence and it was a long time ago. Probably when that awful film was out. Loads of other people were wearing them though and ISTR the weather was very hot and I was probably more worried about sunburn.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

36 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yes.

Did it as a dare at a music festival for a couple of pints. Only in the campsite area. Didn't wear it in the part where bands were on and it was for a very short time of about half an hour.

Thankfully I doubt there is any visual evidence and it was a long time ago. Probably when that awful film was out. Loads of other people were wearing them though and ISTR the weather was very hot and I was probably more worried about sunburn.

Seems to me an occassion when half an hour is a very very long time.

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1