RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.3ee69d1e7d42c66b04de76ec0cb4d8e8.png

5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Well, you wouldn't want it stale, would you?

Dunno.  Well dried and properly stored, it might come in useful as a fuel next winter.  "I've tried toasting the crumpets, but it's a crap fire..."

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Hroth said:

Dunno.  Well dried and properly stored, it might come in useful as a fuel next winter.

Buffalo chips. The Plains Indians used them for that purpose; those herds of millions of buffalo besides being fuel sources were sources of food and clothing.

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Buffalo chips. The Plains Indians used them for that purpose; those herds of millions of buffalo besides being fuel were sources of food and clothing.

Other cultures use dried solid bovine output in a similar manner. When alls said and done, its just processed grass!

• Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Likes a plate of buffalo wings with sour cream and sirracha sauce dips, I does. 

Such a plate in our local pub was the ending of The Squeeze's attempt at vegetarianism a few years ago, she 'tried' one and scoffed the rest like a veloceraptor, I had to buy a replacement and fend her off from that with the fork...

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

Is this a bit like the consumer society?  A hippy friend of mine once complained about this that they would not let him in, until I pointed out the he was the lucky one; they won't let me out!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Nice to see plenty of warning the footpath ahead will be closed:

footway.jpg.6845ce2affdbc247aa051da1e7b92339.jpg

A "sign" of the times - tempory roadway makings are almost a profession in themselves. Utilities companies can be charged a lot of money from the highways authorites for not marking out correctly.

Remember they are all just covering their rear ends in case someone who has no concept of "duty of care to yourself" comes unstuck & employs a no win no fee company.

• Agree 3