RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Is?

Or was... 🤔

Still is.....   but, in a form similar to the "TV  Cheffies" de-constructed Lasagne.....   and the 737 Max 8.....

Both sold with similar self generated, self serving profit at the forefront!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

That escalated quickly…

More crashed than escalated, since it's going down!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I’m assuming the escalator is in a departure lounge? Not the sort of image to inspire confidence in your imminent flight, and Turkish Airlines in particular!

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, 62613 said:

Sign wasn't made by Boeing, was it?

Thoughts are with the two astronauts due to go up in Boeings Starliner.  The first attempt by Boeing to send an uncrewed Starliner to the space station in 2019 failed due to dozens of software and engineering glitches. A second attempt in 2022 succeeded but still had glitches to sort out.

Wouldn't be me!

• Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Thoughts are with the two astronauts due to go up in Boeings Starliner.  The first attempt by Boeing to send an uncrewed Starliner to the space station in 2019 failed due to dozens of software and engineering glitches. A second attempt in 2022 succeeded but still had glitches to sort out.

Wouldn't be me!

After the problems with the Boeing 737 MAX 8 I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

• Agree 8

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Scrubbed due to a valve problem with the Atlas V launch platform - not related to Starliner payload.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

After the problems with the Boeing 737 MAX 8 I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Starliner is not built by BCA - Boeing Commercial Aircraft. 

It is built by BDS - Boeing Defense, Space and Security. Predecessor companies of which back to Hughes Satellite, Hughes Helicopters, Vertol, McDonnell, Rockwell/North American Aviation etc.

They are (almost) completely different companies.

The Atlas V is a joint venture between BDS and Lockheed-Martin.

Bell Helicopters and Boeing Helicopters jointly build the V22 Osprey. Now I wouldn't ride in that. I'd want to but be very afraid of the 'landing'.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/05/2024 at 17:25, The Johnster said:

There was a comparison chart of healthiness (or, rather, the lack thereof) a few years back in one of the broadsheets, Telegraph I think, of food from fast-food/takeaway outlets.  The expected culprits, Micky D, BK, Pizza Hut, KFC, all came towards the bottom, but the worst, slightly surprisingly, proved to be Subway.  The bread is apparently a roll-shaped heart attack, rammed with sugar, salt, and fats, to be avoided if at all possible. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/01/919189045/for-subway-a-ruling-not-so-sweet-irish-court-says-its-bread-isnt-bread

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

image.png.6e1cc76d85a6534f5912143a158a58c2.png

Reminds me of a Rich Hall joke; ‘a friend will lend you a shovel.  A real friend will help you bury the body’…

• Like 1
  • Funny 3