Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

i saw a sign by the roadside in brackley yesterday that i wanted to photograph but i cant find it now, anyway it read......

FAT AND UGLY?

JOIN OUR GYM.......

AND JUST BE UGLY

really made me laugh!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

i saw a sign by the roadside in brackley yesterday that i wanted to photograph but i cant find it now, anyway it read......

FAT AND UGLY?

JOIN OUR GYM.......

AND JUST BE UGLY

really made me laugh!

Is this it?

http://www.kulfoto.com/funny-pictures/26170/tired-of-being-fat-and-ugly-just-be-ugly

• RMweb Premium

And this just in from my brother-in-law who is somewhere in Brazil for some football festival on another ;)

I was wondering about "Small Misty Pieces of Fish" and "Sun's Meat" but then decided to eat elsewhere after reading the very first item on the menu ...... :O

post-3305-0-07680300-1403324802_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

And this just in from my brother-in-law who is somewhere in Brazil for some football festival on another ;)

I was wondering about "Small Misty Pieces of Fish" and "Sun's Meat" but then decided to eat elsewhere after reading the very first item on the menu ...... :O

attachicon.gifFile.jpg

Is that the menu for the local prison?

Keith

While in the United States, I saw a sign (but was unable to get a photo) which read

SOD WORK

It does, of course, mean "we are available to look after the turf on your lawn" (whatever users of the Oxford English Dictionary may think).

Best wishes

Eric   

Edited by burgundy

The first item sounds like a McDonald's menu item - or it would be if it were file de piexe.

Fun with Google translate: isca de piexe = bait fish.

Mmmmm bait.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Premium

Somewhat boastful sign.

No further comment to make.

attachicon.gifSignAB.jpg

Many years ago on the bar of the Great Northern Hotel in  Peterborough, while consuming a pint prior to depositing the old man on to a train northbound, he was admiring the highly polished back bar, newly refurbished and with odd bits of bric a brac.

He looked up, to find a pair of tobacco jars, marked 'best ' and 'black Irish '.

The question had to come "What, exactly, is those jars?"

The reply, from me, "Condoms"

Regards

Ian