The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

This isn't a sign, but the subtitle of the topic is 'Stating the obvious', and I think the French name for this power tool does just that:

post-1771-0-54623500-1413505282.jpg

Incidentally, it was on special - $90 for $30, equivalent to GBP16.70 when I bought it last week.

Edited by pH
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not quite what it seems at first sight.  I found this one yesterday adjacent to the new flyover at Reading - those who know the area will immediately see it relationship to the signs sometimes seen at model railway exhibitions because there are either some very high voltage track circuits in use or someone is trying to put-off trespassers.

post-6859-0-10210100-1413718258_thumb.jpg

And if you don't know the area - the nearest 3rd rail electrified lines are over 1 mile away to the east!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Outside a mobile phone shop in Redhill this morning.

Am I missing something?

attachicon.gif20141019_120038.jpg

As clear as mud.  And all those mobile phone ads which entice us with offers such as "Zero £ up front on the £75 plan".  Yes ........ right ........

Personally I'd need to be paid quite a lot to take a 4 gram tablet anyway ;)

Edited by Gwiwer

• RMweb Premium

Confusing, I agree. I assume it means the liquor store itself is open 9-6 but they will serve you out of hours from a secure window/hatch, like some petrol stations at night. In South Africa by the look of it.

Pete

How less confusing would it be to have a large sign stating "Drive in/through open 24 hours"?

• RMweb Premium

most of the mass in tablets is inert filler anyway.

Not always true.

The actual dosage is quoted not the total mass.

I have to take some 400mg tablets (active ingredient) that weigh just over 500mg

Keith