Bacup - Mills in the hills

Jason T

I was quite liking it being just scrub, that bare, uncluttered look, maybe just a bit of railway junk.

If you do 'ave a 'oss, don't forget a drinking trough/old bath, and the ground in front of it, in front of any shelter and by the gate will be poached (bare of grass). Horses make a hell of a mess of paddocks. Oh yeah, a few piles of, er...manure dotted about, absolutely essential.

• Like 1

Stunning mate, Have you got time to Crew it, Coal it up and Sh1tty it up, or will it stay fairly clean?

I have just won a Sound Black 5 on a certain auction site so that will be arriving soon.

And my Bachmann 4 Road Shed for Wyedale arrived from Hattons yesterday.

Bodge :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Can I just say, the loco is obviously a model - as it's still clean and a bit plastic looking - but in all honesty, the background view of the fence and buildings looks so realistic,  it's almost as though you posed the loco in front of a photo background.

Brilliant.

Just had another look at your pics and Al is dead right, in fact I hadn't the background as it looked so natural and blended it so well. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Bodge :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

Personally I did a double take, it was the fencing that finally convinced me it was a model. With so much preservation around today a clean loco does not look so unusual. The brick work on the walls and the houses, along with the lightening had me going there.

Can I just say, the loco is obviously a model - as it's still clean and a bit plastic looking - but in all honesty, the background view of the fence and buildings looks so realistic, it's almost as though you posed the loco in front of a photo background.

Brilliant.

Erm, couplings? :angel:

Ian

Edited by clecklewyke

• RMweb Premium

Morning folks,

house move went swimmingly, we're all moved now (with the exception of my PC which, due to Sky delivering the router to the wrong address, means that I am today working from the old, now empty house). Bacup fits in the new location perfectly (minus the Lancashire Sock) which is a huge relief as I was a tad worried that it might be a bit too long.

The couplings on the Lanky.... I was wondering whether, with a bit of filing, the ones provided by Bachmann may be up to the job rather than have to take the piercing saw to the buffer beams, etc., to get the Smiths ones in. The slight issue I can see is that the stub on the back of the supplied ones is a bit diminutive - I would probably just use the chains on the coaches or wagons to couple up rather than use the (more prototypical) screw links on the loco. Anyone out there used the Bachmann couplings for drawing 3 / screw / instanter fitted stock?

Edit: Forgot to add, I managed to re-house all the buildings on the layout last night so other than the bits and bobs that dress it (e.g. sheds, outhouses, vehicles, etc.) it is as it was before I packed it away here, albeit in a room with far better lighting.

• Like 6

Glad to hear that all went well. I'm facing the same prospect soon and dreading it.

Is there any chance of Bacup being exhibited? I'm longing to see it. How about an open day for anyone who's clicked the "like" button? You could put an "RTCS Special" on the 2-4-2T and we could all bring our rucksacks, full of Ian Allan books, cheese sandwiches, Penguins and Vimto. (It looks that real!!)

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Bacup isn't really exhibitable; it's moveable (as has been proved twice now in the last 7 months) but is a cumbersome beast to say the least, and I transported the buildings, very carefully, in two separate trips in the car (yes, there are that many, they wouldn't fit in one trip). As for an open day, it's a small flat, we'd be tripping over each other and Sofia would NOT be happy :D

One day, I will get round to building an exhibition layout. Whitworth is the current inspiration for that (I already have the goods shed :) )

• RMweb Premium

I almost popped a few items in a bag to bring up here so I could get on with a bit of modelling but in the end, have brought up all the Xmas presents that I need to wrap which, whilst not being in any way fun, does mean that I won't have to do it tonight when the pub is open.

• Like 4