Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

59th AND RUST ( NOW retired 2021)

• 1 month later...

Well,had a few spare nights this week to finish my details off,the background sound i added to the layout has some bird sounds,seagulls,crows and pigeons/doves,so i only thought it fitting to add said birds(if you think these look small,you should see them on the layout)

post-13979-0-68406500-1376684324_thumb.jpg

doves

post-13979-0-99885500-1376684338_thumb.jpg

seagulls

post-13979-0-63802000-1376684358_thumb.jpg

pigeons

forgot to take pictures of crows

Also in the packet where some birds of prey,and having found out there are 14 different ones in and around the New york area i thought i could justify one(help keep the rats down)

post-13979-0-86776500-1376684377_thumb.jpg

hawk

Another sound is a hotdog vender shouting "get your hotdogs here",not being able to find a HO scale hotdog seller,i had to cobble one together,using some plasticard and a preiser ice cream seller(#10169),couldn't find a umberella,so made one out of paper,it's not the best,but it does the job.

post-13979-0-53243100-1376684388_thumb.jpg

get your hotdogs here

Just a couple of cabooses to weather then she done, ready for it's first two day show at Barrow in October.

Ray

• Like 7

The most numerous bird of prey or raptor in the NYC area is the Red Tailed Hawk (which is also one of the largest), followed by the Turkey Vulture or the Black Vulture.

Best, Pete.

Funny you should say that Pete,managed to get a photo of a young red tail hawk swooping down of it's favourite perch,(they like sitting on the heating vents!!)

post-13979-0-41148600-1376736354_thumb.jpg

Ray

• Like 3

Not yet October,then one in November,i've had a couple of inquires,but nothing has come of them,not everyone wants American layouts it seems?

Trouble is a lot of exhibition managers like to see the layouts(some are prepared to book me because the've had me before and know my standard of work), rather than be told about it.

Helm's out a couple of times early next year,and i've a couple of small jobs to do on that,then i can start on the modules(if work permits)

Cheers

Ray

Once the ice has been broken I bet you'll get a few more invites. You're right though US Layouts (however brilliant) tend to be unfairly ignored by the "general" exhibitions - maybe an organizer will read this and get peed off enough to book you, ha, ha!

Good luck, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Hi Ray. Your layout really does deserve more outings. The amount of detail is outstanding and always reminds me of John Wright's 'Federal St'

I'll be going along to my local exhibition, RailexNE, this weekend, and notably, there appears to be 4 US layouts listed as attending, so the exhibiton manager must be pro US!

If your going along too, it might be worth having a word with the exhibition manager.

Mal

Mal

I'm going on Sunday with layout details in hand,suppose to be meeting up with Jon Grant, and John H Wright is usually there doing a demo,dosen't look like i'll see much for catching up on the crack!!

Like Pete said once word gets about hopefully invite will flood in!!!

Ray

• RMweb Gold

Mal

I'm going on Sunday with layout details in hand,suppose to be meeting up with Jon Grant, and John H Wright is usually there doing a demo,dosen't look like i'll see much for catching up on the crack!!

Like Pete said once word gets about hopefully invite will flood in!!!

Ray

Ray

If you ever get invites down towards the South and we don't have a show on somewhere  then you know where to call!

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Ian

See you at barrow in October,where you can fill me full of beer(bring plenty on money) on Saturday night at the Prince of Wales.

Ray

B*****r

Means I will have to get more changed from Southern coins to Northern ones!!

Get better value for beer money up your way though.

Ian

• 1 month later...

If eveything goes to plan,and i can tame those soundtraxx decoders(bu**er to program with lenz)these will be the roads i'll be using at Barrow exhibition next weekend.

post-13979-0-15858500-1381001594_thumb.jpg

Erie s4

post-13979-0-47401100-1381001605_thumb.jpg

Conrail gp38

post-13979-0-69197300-1381001615.jpg

NYC H10-44

post-13979-0-02830200-1381001623.jpg

Penn Central S12

If your in the area call in,(i know Barrow's on the end of a 40 mile cul-de-sac)it looks to be a good show,there might be some slow orders on the Sunday,all depends how much Ian(Roundhouse)can pour down my throat(i should be so lucky)on the Saturday night do.

Ray

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

If eveything goes to plan,and i can tame those soundtraxx decoders(bu**er to program with lenz)these will be the roads i'll be using at Barrow exhibition next weekend.attachicon.gif1.jpgErie s4attachicon.gif2.jpgConrail gp38attachicon.gif3.jpgNYC H10-44attachicon.gif

4.jpgPenn Central S12If your in the area call in,(i know Barrow's on the end of a 40 mile cul-de-sac)it looks to be a good show,there might be some slow orders on the Sunday,all depends how much Ian(Roundhouse)can pour down my throat(i should be so lucky)on the Saturday night do.Ray

Ray

Just warming up in Wetherspoons before we head to the frozen north (which it may well be by the weekend) and the POW on Saturday night!

Looking forward to seeing your rubbish strewn all over the layout and so are the rest of our crew!!

Ian

Ian
A word of warning,it's nothing to do with the weather,it's to do with beer or lack of it, i've be that busy,haven't had a pint for over 2 weeks,lots to catch up on,bring plenty of beer tokens,hope they've got bye one get one free!!!!

Koos
Glad you like the layout,thanks very much.

post-13979-0-61849900-1381267284_thumb.jpg

Ray

• Like 3

If eveything goes to plan,and i can tame those soundtraxx decoders(bu**er to program with lenz)these will be the roads i'll be using at Barrow exhibition next weekend.

If your in the area call in,(i know Barrow's on the end of a 40 mile cul-de-sac)it looks to be a good show,there might be some slow orders on the Sunday,all depends how much Ian(Roundhouse)can pour down my throat(i should be so lucky)on the Saturday night do.

Ray

Love that 3rd photo of the H10-44.  Almost "eye level" photo, appropriate level of debris in and around the track, and not your typical 3/4 front shot...