Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Fire at Woodland scenics

• RMweb Premium

Woodland Scenics own website http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/index.cfm is unavailable. The server does not respond to requests.

Latest reports here http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=704154#.Twa-5Jim9TE suggest massive losses with at least half of the entire building destroyed and there would be significant damage or possible total loss throughout what was left.

The local water supply ran out while fighting the fire and residents are being asked to boil all domestic water for safety.

While it is indeed good news that no-one has been hurt this stands to cause significant loss of employment in the local area and to create a hiatus of perhaps many months in supply of their products.

At this stage reports are suggesting there are no suspicious circumstances.

While it is indeed good news that no-one has been hurt this stands to cause significant loss of employment in the local area and to create a hiatus of perhaps many months in supply of their products.

Assuming they are insured they should be able to bounce back with regard to the scenery materiel manufacture i'd have thought, but Woodland Scenics also owned/manufactured various other lines such as DPM plastic structure kits/parts (which have been a staple of US modelling for years!) - plus a line of vehicles and figures, if the tooling for them was on the premises then that could be a longer term loss to (at least the US side of) the hobby, as well as the company and it's staff. I'm sure all will become clear in time.

:(

Not nice to see either way.

This message was posted by a employee of Woodland Scenics;

Dear all,

As you may have heard we have experienced a fire here at Woodland Scenics and there is good news and bad news. The good news is that no one was hurt during the fire or evacuation process. The bad news is that it took out a couple of our manufacturing buildings. However, and fortunately, there is more good news than bad.

We encompass multiple buildings that are spread out all over the town of Linn Creek. We only lost two of those buildings and those two contained just a small portion of our manufacturing facilities. Our shipping department, warehouse and corporate offices were spared any damage, as were most of our manufacturing buildings, so it is business as usual.

Thanks for all your concerns.

Respectfully,

Gale Cousins Director of Sales & Customer Service Woodland Scenics

• RMweb Gold

This message was posted by a employee of Woodland Scenics;

Dear all,

As you may have heard we have experienced a fire here at Woodland Scenics and there is good news and bad news. The good news is that no one was hurt during the fire or evacuation process. The bad news is that it took out a couple of our manufacturing buildings. However, and fortunately, there is more good news than bad.

We encompass multiple buildings that are spread out all over the town of Linn Creek. We only lost two of those buildings and those two contained just a small portion of our manufacturing facilities. Our shipping department, warehouse and corporate offices were spared any damage, as were most of our manufacturing buildings, so it is business as usual.

Thanks for all your concerns.

Respectfully,

Gale Cousins Director of Sales & Customer Service Woodland Scenics

Good news.

Just had this story pointed out to me

http://www.columbiat...ke-ozarks-area/

No one hurt. Hope you have a good supply of scenic materials

Sounds bad, reading the report, with 12 fire departments called in to quell the blaze. I guess that part of the factory is pretty much a write-off. Hope they were fully insured! Sounds like most of the rest of the business was spared. But as a business with 150 employees, a big demand for their quality products, and world-wide sales, they'll surely be back - so not to worry.

Meanwhile, I'm husbanding my precious supplies of Woodland Scenics stuff! Thanks for the heads-up.

Phil

Archived