Banbury in N scale - A great time at the Abingdon in March 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Hey

My perception of this layout just keeps getting better as the photos roll in. Stunning work indeed!

Might I ask where you got the mesh fence from that is in the picture above (the pic with the FL66 and Network rail wagons) ??? I'm hunting everywhere for such fencing!

Thanks for the continued stream of pics!

Regards

Lee

The fencing came from these people http://www.gemmodelrailways.co.uk/GEM_Web_Site/N_Gauge_Accessories.html at the International N Scale Show near Leamington Spa last September. They also do the Pallisade fencing which I have installed in numerous other areas of the layout.

Ian

Ian

Thanks for the info, I've emailed them as I can't see it listed on their site.

I'm modelling in the 70's so I think it pre-dates the pallisade style. Unfortunatly, the pallisade style must be far more popular as I've found a few suppliers for that!

I went to the international N gauge show. I wish I'd thought to look then.

Thanks for your help!

Lee

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the info, I've emailed them as I can't see it listed on their site.

I'm modelling in the 70's so I think it pre-dates the pallisade style. Unfortunatly, the pallisade style must be far more popular as I've found a few suppliers for that!

I went to the international N gauge show. I wish I'd thought to look then.

Thanks for your help!

Lee

Lee

I am not sure who supplies them but it wasn't in labelled packs, just sellotaped to cardboard strips, so might have been a one off batch.

Banbury will be going to that show this September.

Regards

Ian

Lee

I am not sure who supplies them but it wasn't in labelled packs, just sellotaped to cardboard strips, so might have been a one off batch.

Banbury will be going to that show this September.

Regards

Ian

Thank's Ian

I've emailed them. Hopefully they may have some, but if not, I've been given some leads on another site. They suit my plan so well, I'll just keep searching until I find them.

I will definatly be going to that show again this year so I can happily look forward to seeing Banbury in the flesh in September!! That's great news! :D

Regards

Lee

Hi.... Great Photos mate,

Shame the Wrexham train as stopped running, I used to love going over the Bridge of the Station in Wrexham and look to see if the Wrexham train was in, got serveral pics when it as Br Blue and it had DB Schenker Red Class 67 018 on the one end, the one time.

I See you have the up to date version that's what I can want doing, I wounder if Hornby will be doing them in those latest liveries, Did you do those coaches yourself and if so, would you take work on to make more, i know there were 4 coaches towards the end before it stopped running sometimes 5 coaches, I would love to have them all made in the latest livery.... Like your, they look great...

Keep the photos coming

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

Hi Do you have a Track PLAN to hand...? What size is this Layout...? Are you on schedule for Feb 2012 Show...?

What about from the Opens day at Eastleigh, is the Eurotrack and what dates in February....

Hope I can make it...

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

The Wrexham and Shropshire sets are made by Dapoland were released just over a year or so ago. You might be lucky to find some left in a model shop somewhere. Try Hereford Models as they did have some when I was last there a while ago.

We enjoyed travelling on these services so it is a shame they have gone but at least the stock is being used on the Birmingham services out of Marylebone.

The detailing of the layout should be ready for Eurotrack at Eastleigh on 25th and 26th February 2012.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Penny just dropped and had a look at their postings. I am not that far from their club..... now if someone builds Oxford to link the two!!!

Ian

Hi Ian, very impressed with Banbury, our team needs to catch up, then possibly run some through services?

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Big Jim. I do have some dusk shots but the third photo is really useful as despite having a few hundred shots I don't have a good one of the fencing in this area (only shots of parts of the gates) and I am currently working on this area of the layout. The redundant buffer stops that can be seen in the first and second shot were stuck down last night

I will be adding all the lights but probably not working ones. However things might change!

Ian

• RMweb Gold

one observation, the points you have going into the "cattle siding" from platform 1, i dont think they are there now, if they are they are certainly not in use, i'll have a look next time im there, i think the ground frame is still in situ though but the points may have been cut back.

Certainly the case when I was there in May last year, I photographed the frame and connection.

• RMweb Gold

Just checking my photos, the turnouts and double slip are all still there and connected to the ground frame (about to start building the ground frame) but the blades are clipped out of use and only one line is now used for storage of units entering the siding from behind the South Box The turnout off platform one and double slip on my layout are in place but are fixed out of use and do not have any solenoids fitted underneath.

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

just to confirm that the connection off the Down Relief controlled from the ground frame have been plain lined very recently. The rear windows in the South box have also been replaced by UPVC ones bearing no resemblance to the originals. Seems you are now making a historic model of Banbury; or, as the say, history began yesterday!

• RMweb Gold

Oh well, I will be making it as I saw last year as track all in place now and would be difficult to alter with the buildings now in place.

I do remember you mentioning the rear windows of the box had been changed but think I will do it as per the photos I already have unless you can get me a new shot as that was changed earlier last year if I recall correctly.

Looks like this shot is history now!!

post-1557-0-82599400-1326816387_thumb.jpg

• Like 1