Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

I will be on the door/helping out at the Thorncombe exhibition this Saturday if anyone is travelling over to deepest Dorset!

Twas my old club when I lived in Seaton, so keep in touch with one of the boys there.

See, nothing like a good old model railway exhibition to get over a bad day!

:friends:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

To be fair, Cardiff took their chance. They have to collect points from the lesser teams when they can. And they did......

• 1 year later...

I'm told there is a 'Round Table' Charity Exhibition this Sunday in Monmouth, and that Newport MRC are taking along a couple of layouts, I'm also told it's a nice little show....  All E.& O.E.

However, a search via Google didn't bring anything to light....
But as I recall Welsh exhibitions always seem to be a bit shy about advertising themselves.

Perhaps they can't think beyond this Friday - 6 nations (OK,l 2 Nations), and no trains after 10pm .... :nono: 

I won't be there - to far from west Cornwall, and I've only just picked up this info., anyway from one of the Cardiff Show people.

BR2975 - The reason a Cardiff Club member is going, is to look at what layouts are there, and if suitable for Cardiff Show.

Edited by Penlan

The exhibition at Monmouth is on Sunday, 8th. February, details on UK Modelshops events page.  I don't know if I'll be able to get there this year,

last years was a nice friendly show.  ( all depends on Fridays match whether I need samaritans or not!!.)

Regards, Ken.   

• RMweb Gold

Sat 24 Oct 2015 Welshpool ...............................Well it's the Newtown club, but they are holding it in Welshpool.

That's the Welsh for you, but is so typical as the Colwyn club hold their show in Llandudno.

Perhaps they ought to hold the Cardiff show in Barry?

Any predictions about the score this evening?  

I don't think we'll see another 30-3 this time (more's the pity)

HI all

The 19th to the 22nd of Feb. this month is the Welsh Slate Museum exhibition at Llanberis. A very good show and the admission is free. Will be there with the layout Watermill Halt and a demonstration stand. Hope too see you there.

Peter

Any predictions about the score this evening?  I don't think we'll see another 30-3 this time (more's the pity)

Well, in my Village in west Cornwall, the betting's Wales winning by at least a 15 point margin,

but my friend (Welsh speaking) Tudor reckons around 17 - 11 to Wales.

I haven't heard what Rick O'Shea thinks, I will ask his mother who lives in the Village....

I hope you've bought his book.

Edited by Penlan

Off to the Doncaster Show any minute - Welsh shirt packed for this evenings festivities.

Looking forward to some unbiased reporting by the England team's self appointed publicist - John Inverdale.

Not looking forward to Catherine Jenkins killing the best anthem on the planet.

Brian R

Edited by br2975

Off to the Doncaster Show any minute - Welsh shirt packed for this evenings festivities.

Not looking forward to Catherine Jenkins killing the best anthem on the planet.

Brian R

Brian

She must have heard you, notably absent during the anthem

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Even the welsh contingent here said how come the English singing drowned out the Welsh towards the end

Hee hee

Took my life in my hands following that on Sunday and did a round tour to Pontypridd, Cardiff and the Monmouth show - which was excellent, well worth the visit

Phil

Sat 24 Oct 2015 Welshpool ...............................Well it's the Newtown club, but they are holding it in Welshpool.

That's the Welsh for you, but is so typical as the Colwyn club hold their show in Llandudno.

Perhaps the ultimate is when Glamorgan play some of their home County Championship games at Colwyn Bay! (Can't get much furtehr away from "home" than that and still be in Wales!)

When they played Lancashire there a few years ago, the "home" team travelled further than the "away" team! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...