coastal dcc, never heard of them are they any good?

Rob Hayes

• RMweb Gold

Sounds good, another uk dcc company. I wonder how these will fair with others?

Mark.

They have been around for quite a while I think. I've always had good service and they can be competitive on price.

All the sound chips on the locks on our layouts, Fenchurch St Peter, Georgemas Junction and Towcester came from Kev at Coastal DCC.

His service is superb, and has even driven over to Northampton a couple of times to sort out some problems we had.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eddie reffin

Had a faulty CT decoder and Kevin's service was superb. Replacement arrived in next to no time. Highly recommended. As mentioned elsewhere, they are extremely competitive on price too.

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased a sound decoder from Coastal DCC at Ely exhibition recently.  Then the following week I visited their shop in Ipswich to buy another!  They now have a retail premises but limited opening hours, 10am to 2pm I think.  In the same building as the excellent Scograil which is open normal hours.

Very helpful - they have a good continuous run test track there where you can hear the sounds in the quietness of the shop, and drive the locos yourself to try out the sounds.  Much better than trying to listen at an exhibition.  YouTube videos don't do them justice.

Very helpful and efficient service from Coastal.

No connection with either of these traders, just a satisfied customer.

• 1 month later...

Once again I've had excellent service from Kevin and Coastal DCC. Asked a couple of questions about Loksound v4 decoders. Got them answered very quickly. Ordered a pair on Saturday, arrived this morning with the requested sound projects loaded and ready to go.

• RMweb Premium

Always a pleasure to deal with them, competitive prices, comprehensive knowledge, quick shipping and great after-service. They are definitely my 'go-to' for anything dcc-related.

Sound chips - they reblew a number of older sound chips (mostly Bachmann/SWD on ESU Loksound 3.5s) for me and the new files were so much better :D

They have a very good table listing the characteristics of their various decoders.  I've not seen this elsewhere and I like to use them for this reason if for nothing else - it comes under the category of providing a better service to customers and ought to be rewarded by buying from them.

Peterfgf

• 1 month later...

Kevin gives very good advice. I have bought numerous DCC chips from him depending on size availability in the engine.

I have also bought NCE stuff from him. Both of these at very good prices.

He also fitted a sound chip in my Hornby Black 5 which I am very happy with.

Thoroughly recommended for knowledge, service and price.

Just a very satisfied customer.

Bob Hughes

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

IMHO, I believe Kevin the owner is very passionate about the supplies he sells. He knows his stuff, is always very helpful, and gives advice freely. I have bought from him several times for myself and for the club. He has always delivered an excellent service.

Stephanie Dearden , Chair Wimbledon MRC .

Please look at post #41 before posting on this thread. Thank you. I am genuinely pleased that the subject of this thread continues to prosper and impress.

Not too sure that any news is being imparted here though, which is what this forum is all about

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Please look at post #41 before posting on this thread. Thank you. I am genuinely pleased that the subject of this thread continues to prosper and impress.Not too sure that any news is being imparted here though, which is what this forum is all about

Seems a bit of a grumpy response. After all, other model shops (great and small) get updates and comments about good service. If you don't wish to read about Coastal DCC you have very simple option to ignore the thread.

Please look at post #41 before posting on this thread. Thank you. I am genuinely pleased that the subject of this thread continues to prosper and impress.Not too sure that any news is being imparted here though, which is what this forum is all about

Seems a bit of a grumpy response. After all, other model shops (great and small) get updates and comments about good service. If you don't wish to read about Coastal DCC you have very simple option to ignore the thread.

Agreed - especially considering that the Thread isn't even his, to try & dictate what happens with it - well to be honest I hit the Report button when his comment above was posted.

Agreed - especially considering that the Thread isn't even his, to try & dictate what happens with it - well to be honest I hit the Report button when his comment above was posted.

Couldn't agree more. Perhaps coastal DCC should start their own world tour ( advertising) thread!

CC

Archived