coastal dcc, never heard of them are they any good?

Rob Hayes

Great Guys very helpfull have had quite a few dealings with them including their own sounds on esu chips. Advice is not linked to sale and they have their own exhibition layouts. IMO all for no against.

Terry

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Like most here I have also chatted numerous times at exhibitons with Coastal and they certainly seem to know thier stuff, and always tons of DCC controllers on demo to compare. They are never anything less than very helpful and full of advice even though most times it was obvious I was not buying at the time. Last exhibition I bought a sprog and was very happy with directions and help.

When I get around to upgrading from my Zephyr to a colour Zimo, it'll be thye guys I will be calling on first.

• RMweb Gold

Met Kevin at the Folkestone Show last year and arranged for a couple of locos to be fitted with sound decoders. Excellent service and very competively priced.

Coastal DCC will be back at the Folkestone Show on October 6/7 so looking forward to seeing them again. Have already been in contact with Kevin about having some more locos/DMUs done :locomotive: :imsohappy: .

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used DCC Coastal for the first time last week, and was very impressed with their service and prices.   I purchased bits for my NCE system and they were the cheapest and delivered quickly.

I will have a listen to their sound chips because if they are just as good then they may get more custom from me..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I know this thread is quite old but too many people are quick to complain but never good at giving praise. I recently bought a 37/4 Loksound chip and speaker from Kevin (great price too) and his attitude and knowledge towards customers (both buying and non buying) is second to none. It's not often that traders will go out of their way, especially when massively busy, to help someone that isn't buying. I'd call this good business sense because it makes you want to go back and buy stuff from him time and time again.

This is just my opinion and I'm no way affiliated with Kevin or Coastal DCC.

Agree, bought a couple of relatively low-value items the other week, ordered one day, arrived the next. Superb service.

Hadn't actually heard of them until I was googling a specific part and it came up in the results. Will use them again anyway.

Archived