Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

What TWO Loco's would you choose?

edcayton

Pondering this a bit, for the Maine Central it would have to be a GP7. Boiler-equipped it could be used for both passenger and freight work.

Since my proposed layout also features the Boston and Maine, I would have to ask the perpetrator of this outrage for my B-15 Mogul back and run a mixed train.

(Since I realise that many people won't know what a B-15 is, I offer this site http://sites.google.com/site/bostonandmainerailroad/home/boston-maine-steam-locomotives

Interesting exercise in selection.

• RMweb Premium

A class 13 counts as one locomotive. For some reason the coupled pairs of 03s were not given a unique number and are counted as two locomotives. :scratchhead:

Moving right along. Western class 52 : extremely temtped. Crompton class 33 : extremely tempted. Warship class 42 : extremely tempted. If you're absolutely sure I can only keep two and not include at least one of these three then it shall be the class 41 "Warship" in green syp and split box alongside an as-built Bulleid "West Country" light Pacific in late BR livery. If I had to live with just two locos they would serve for light and heavy passenger, vans and freight and cover most of may areas of significant interest.

A class 13 counts as one locomotive. For some reason the coupled pairs of 03s were not given a unique number and are counted as two locomotives. :scratchhead:

Because they were seen as semi-permanent, the pairings could have changed or the locos reverted to solo use (which IIRC they did). OTOH hacking a cab off something kinda shows you mean it :locomotive:

Because they were seen as semi-permanent, the pairings could have changed or the locos reverted to solo use (which IIRC they did). OTOH hacking a cab off something kinda shows you mean it :locomotive:

I can never work out why they didn't couple the 08's bonnet to bonnet like class 20's so they had a cab at either end.

From my current fleet, my blue Bachy class 08 would have to handle all local trips as well as shunting.

On the passenger side for my decaying urban branch my blue Hornby SPC will suffice, any bigger would be overkill anyway.

cheers

Archived