EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Ah yes, the infamous 'Code 3' which is basically a load of utter tosh inherited from the model bus world (back when they were worth something, most of them are now near worthless!) where a standard production model has its livery "professionally" modified to represent a different version.

Meaningless garbage used as an excuse to bump up the price and con a few unsuspecting mugs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Feedback of zero too... OK, we all have to start somewhere, but...

...or am I being too suspicious?

Mark

I must admit that the wording of the listing doesn't look like that of an ebay newbie.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

These sentences suggests it is available for less than the BIN:

(His wording)

"Bought for £300, selling it for a reasonable sum of £160"

"SUMMER SALE; Was 269 pounds, now only 160 pounds! Offer available until Saturday evening."

Sounds dodgy to me

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Welcome to Cartmel's World, my friend. He is one of the <ahem> 'regulars' who are mentioned in this august journal :butcher:

Mark

He'd be right at home in the secondhand model market in Oz :D.

Not that bad really, I just bought a sound 37 that was £155.00 from Hattons. Have you seen the price of a Hornby sound loco? New class 08 £219

his selling strategy and description has had changes already, in the little time it has been posted.

I doubt he ever bought it for 300, even at RRP. And to say someone might thus be getting a bargain at 250 is a bit cheeky.

but then again if you get it for 160 - job's a gud'n !

• RMweb Gold

IIRC they were all rebuilt by 1956 (so would have had early crests)?   (Admittedly the Airfix catalogues of the day had a misprint saying they lasted until 1965 in unrebuilt condition?)

It has a white mark on the cab roof area from box foam rub that may clean off

I doubt it, otherwise he would have done and listed it as 'mint' and charged an extra £40...

Edited by Cleefy

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

Went for a mere(?) £466.79 - quite cheap considering the prices these often command!

IIRC they were all rebuilt by 1956 (so would have had early crests)?   (Admittedly the Airfix catalogues of the day had a misprint saying they lasted until 1965 in unrebuilt condition?)

The later crest came in in 1956, so it may just have happened?....

• RMweb Premium

I doubt it, otherwise he would have done and listed it as 'mint' and charged an extra £40...

I've got a Mainline Manor with the same foam affliction on the boiler/firebox and it sticks like the proverbial sh*t.

Keith

I

• RMweb Gold

Bit baffed by this, as the title implies locos are included, but the advert suggests otherwise. Am I being thick? Otherwise the price is silly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-FEA-S-Kits-Network-Rail-RHTT-642007-642008-Hornby-31-67-Bachmann-66-57-/380667697467?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item58a190193b

• RMweb Gold

And now another "valuable collection" being offered as a "job lot" by someone living in a remote area. I mean - Padstow is lovely, but try getting there and it takes time!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collection-of-18-HO-OO-Diesel-Locomotives-Ready-made-collection-All-VGC-/271230278773?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f26959c75

And now another "valuable collection" being offered as a "job lot" by someone living in a remote area. I mean - Padstow is lovely, but try getting there and it takes time!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collection-of-18-HO-OO-Diesel-Locomotives-Ready-made-collection-All-VGC-/271230278773?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f26959c75

According to my timetable there's a through train portion from Waterloo (but it is dated Summer 1963).....

Bit baffed by this, as the title implies locos are included, but the advert suggests otherwise. Am I being thick? Otherwise the price is silly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-FEA-S-Kits-Network-Rail-RHTT-642007-642008-Hornby-31-67-Bachmann-66-57-/380667697467?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item58a190193b

The price is silly and you are not thick. There is no need to mention the locos IMO. 

• RMweb Gold

No need to travel. He is offering to post the lot for £7.50.  Seems terrific value for postage of 18 locos.

PS I wonder is the green kettle included.  :jester:

Edited by Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium

Also for the WHY? file:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIANG-SOUTHERN-GREEN-CLASS-31-A1A-A1A-LOCO-3120-SPECIAL-MOD-/281125180125?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item41745dd2dd&nma=true&si=BYflqdaeTPqqCm9xa7XWZOooBxQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_290wt_1003

I spotted it Thursday and was intrigued but didn't have time to post it up here. Not madness as such but weird. Given the scenario that Nationalisation didn't happen in 1948, the Southern still existed in 1957 and bought Brush type 2's, It won't be class 31, obviously. Surely they would be numbered to Bulleid's scheme. So how would an A1A-A1A be numbered?

Pete