Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

A different kind of madness - the madness of selling anything that's "weathered"

2 of the items he's selling really annoy me!

Both are London Transport/underground Class 20's, but he's weathered them

They were painted into those liveries in November 2012 (I think), and have been kept pristine since! So why he weathered them, no one will ever know, and he expects us to pay more money for them!

• RMweb Gold

Not madness, but having berated a numer of sellers for their unique perspectives on abandoned rolling stock, I feel obligated to say this one actually looks pretty well done IMHO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Class-50-040-Leviathan-Abandoned-Allelys-Heavy-Haulage-Lorry-Lowloader-/151281497429?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2339147555

• Like 2

Not madness, but having berated a numer of sellers for their unique perspectives on abandoned rolling stock, I feel obligated to say this one actually looks pretty well done IMHO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Class-50-040-Leviathan-Abandoned-Allelys-Heavy-Haulage-Lorry-Lowloader-/151281497429?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2339147555

I would agree it looks quite reasonable, but it's £129.99 (incl. p&p) at the moment, which seems just a tad OTT to me! :O

Edited by Il Grifone

I would agree it looks quite reasonable, but it's £129.99 (incl. p&p) at the moment, which seems just a tad OTT to me! :O

It's now two quid dearer and there's still a week to go! :O :o

A different kind of madness - the madness of selling anything that's "weathered"

He/she does nice stuff, not always, but often. The prices for hard-to-get models and with very skilled weathering are very fair in my opinion, lower usually than say TMC.

As to the 0 gauge Pannier, quite likely dropped, surely?

I have to say the Schools below is to my eyes ok and a good price, and some of the BR Standards and other grimy prototypes are very well done, I have bought a few, thus you might say I'm biased. I average natural light they often look different to photos, too. Maybe I take the demeanour of posts in this thread too seriously, but it comes across as rather unnecessary derision at times. 

Each to his/her own.

post-7929-0-72524000-1398203385.jpg

post-7929-0-09149000-1398203477.jpg

Edited by robmcg

Photo 4 appears to have been deleted.

Photo 4 showed the underside of the model. The loco had been laid on one side, with the tender resting on top of it it a like position (so much for MIB).

The tender side was lettered "LMS".

I haven't had a reply to my question yet. If I thought there was any point to my doing so, I'd take this up with ebay, but I don't imagine that they'd actually do anything.

• RMweb Gold

He/she does nice stuff, not always, but often. The prices for hard-to-get models and with very skilled weathering are very fair in my opinion, lower usually than say TMC.

As to the 0 gauge Pannier, quite likely dropped, surely?

I have to say the Schools below is to my eyes ok and a good price, and some of the BR Standards and other grimy prototypes are very well done, I have bought a few, thus you might say I'm biased. I average natural light they often look different to photos, too. Maybe I take the demeanour of posts in this thread too seriously, but it comes across as rather unnecessary derision at times. 

Each to his/her own.

attachicon.gif0_$_58.jpg

attachicon.gif$_58_1ab_r800.jpg

Whatever the level of grime on a loco in real life, the driver's window would always be clean - otherwise he couldn't see.  Yet so many people who weather locos seem to overlook this - especially on 35029.