RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

I checked his other railway/transport books and his prices look very reasonable. Either its a mistype or its temporarily out of stock.

Actually they are very collectable and this one would clean up nicely. I'd be dubious about the wisdom of actually firing her up though. (They have an alternative nickname which starts with a 'P', but sounds very similar to 'Dribbler'.)

Edited by Il Grifone

Actually they are very collectable and this one would clean up nicely. I'd be dubious about the wisdom of actually firing her up though. (They have an alternative nickname which starts with a 'P', but sounds very similar to 'Dribbler'.)

Sorry, David, when I added the link the Ebay page was blank except for something like 'SL' and £40 with a promise of more information.  Now that the seller has added photos and a description, my joke has fallen flat !!

• RMweb Premium

When is a six wheel passenger brake coach (sic) not a six wheel passenger brake coach?

When it has eight wheels:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Dublo-OO-Gauge-BR-MK1-Stove-Six-Wheel-Passenger-Brake-Coach-/201177907570?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ed7234172

it may have two wheels missing on the other side ;-)

I sold an item recently for just over £200.....it took the guy over a week to pay, after I had raised the issue with ebay.   Then after he had paid, which was about a week ago.......he hasnt been in touch yet about collecting the item.....I'm still waiting...????

I'm puzzled by the completely laid back attitude of the buyer................?????? 

I want rid of he item which is occupying the complete space of a pallette in my business premises.   Should I contact him telling him there will be storage rent to pay soon.?? :jester:

Bob

maybe he is waiting for you to post it to him?

maybe he is waiting for you to post it to him?

He paid on the 25th of the month.........I still havent heard from him.??????????????????  I do hope he saw it was on for collection only.??

Someone asked me about postage...but the kit is bulky and irregular shaped....and weighs about 45kgs.

I have said if someone wants it shipping, I would look at the costs, but they must  be paid for up front, and directly with me.

I live in hope........but I have not experienced this before....really odd.

The once mysterious listings....

SL....Peco Streamline?  Steam Loco? 

The only other clue is...

There is also a "CL" (Furniture)  and a "WS" (Art)  for sale ....

Placeholders...but how come no "Ebay Required" Photos?

Ahhhh.

So it was Steam Locomotive! ;)

Have people noticed how many items are offered for sale because the vendor is changing gauges etc.

I have just noticed another item which is up for sale because the owner is building a different gauge railway.

He sold another example of the model a few weeks ago. 

How many kits of what was a unique loco do you build??

Thane of fife

• RMweb Gold

And I couldn't resist, even though it's not the holy grail roller princess it still fills a gap in my archives :)

Received today, it survived the rigours of the post office, no thanks to the seller who just wrapped the box in brown paper, with no attempt to stop it rattling around loose in the box! One item of damage not described on the listing, part of one tender rear step is missing, but not too bad considering the age of the loco.

Good news is that the motor (a disc commutator) works really well so with a careful service should run well.

Not posted Signed For as advertised either, that little cost saving on the seller's part would have cost him should it have gone missing in the post, or I were less than scrupulous and claimed that it never arrived ......

He paid on the 25th of the month.........I still havent heard from him.??????????????????  I do hope he saw it was on for collection only.??

Someone asked me about postage...but the kit is bulky and irregular shaped....and weighs about 45kgs.

I have said if someone wants it shipping, I would look at the costs, but they must  be paid for up front, and directly with me.

I live in hope........but I have not experienced this before....really odd.

Maybe he's trying to arrange space at the destination before he comes and takes possession?

• RMweb Gold

Received today, it survived the rigours of the post office, no thanks to the seller who just wrapped the box in brown paper, with no attempt to stop it rattling around loose in the box! One item of damage not described on the listing, part of one tender rear step is missing, but not too bad considering the age of the loco.

Good news is that the motor (a disc commutator) works really well so with a careful service should run well.

Not posted Signed For as advertised either, that little cost saving on the seller's part would have cost him should it have gone missing in the post, or I were less than scrupulous and claimed that it never arrived ......

Now it is madness - I've just bought another - spares or repairs for £19 - better body though :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/steam-pipe-/151418318613?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item23413c2f15

Found whilst searching by 'time ending soonest'. £3 + £1.50 postage? Incredible...

And one or two things in the description are incorrect!

Hornby   steam pipe From a class 57xx but never fitted.

in  good condition.

Not Hornby

Not a Steam Pipe (Perhaps a Vacuum Brake Pipe?)

Possibly not a GWR design?

OK, good condition, and probably never fitted....

Now it is madness - I've just bought another - spares or repairs for £19 - better body though :)

I diagnose an emerging case of Triang Princess addiction. They're cheap, plentiful, dozens of variations so I'm afraid there is no known cure.......

• RMweb Gold

I diagnose an emerging case of Triang Princess addiction. They're cheap, plentiful, dozens of variations so I'm afraid there is no known cure.......

Oh there's nothing emerging about it :lol: I still have five princesses from my childhood/teens including one converted to Turbomotive :)

I plan to DCC fit one for my DCC demo at the forthcoming Peterborough show....

• Like 1

Oh there's nothing emerging about it :lol: I still have five princesses from my childhood/teens including one converted to Turbomotive :)

I plan to DCC fit one for my DCC demo at the forthcoming Peterborough show....

Will it have sound?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Possibly because they have an awful lot of bits and bobs that you used to be able to get at a local model shop?  I've used them a few times and their service is excellent.  Clearly if one has time to trawl the web you can find cheaper, but if you have a shopping list of bits and bobs (and if 2KTech has them all) it's less hassle than several different packets from various suppliers.  Purely personal of course, but to me they're almost like a local model shop, but online!   (I don't always buy from them, it just depends on my needs at the time).

Peter,

I don't think the prices you are quoting from Slaters include postage.

From looking at the website 2K technology is a commercial business and as such it has to make a profit, there is no such thing as free postage you pay one way or another I would personally prefer to pay for the postage on a complete order.

I try and buy products from my local model shop and I pay more as a result I don't pay postage and I can walk there in 5 minutes they no longer sell loco's unless specifically ordered as they cant compete with the likes of Hatton's. The reason behind my patronage to the local model shop is that you don't have to wait and for some items without having to pay postage they can work out cheaper.

Listed in Listed in category: Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>G Gauge>Animals & Scenery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gas-stove-6-burners-MFG-760-Bartscher-1588501-/360676702768?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53fa01ba30

Gas stove 6 burners MFG 760 - Bartscher 1588501

$_57.JPG
Gas Turbine, perhaps?????????????
  • Like 1

Another funny one:

GRAHAM FARISH MODEL No.10622 LNER MAIN LINE 1st /3rd COMPOSITE COACH VN MIB

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAHAM-FARISH-MODEL-No-10622-LNER-MAIN-LINE-1st-3rd-COMPOSITE-COACH-VN-MIB-/400782463705?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5d507f12d9

Fartmel again!!!!!!!!!!!

And listed in categories: 
Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>OO Gauge>Coaches>Graham Farish Coaches
Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>Finescale!!!!!

$_57.JPG

Edited by andytrains