EBay madness

Marcyg

If the seller was really made an offer of £2k for this lot, it should have been accepted!

Conversely, a better description is called for, as I can't see anything there worth very much. (Sentimental value counts for nothing.) Certainly not £600 - the seven 'trains' appear to be 3F 0-6-0T, 3F 0-6-0, Britannia, Princess, Battle of Britain, red Dock Shunter and a yellow (the common one) TC Diesel switcher - all very easy to find...

Edited by Il Grifone

£15 seems a bit OTT for an item "SARES (sic) or REPAIR", which translates as 'knackered'

I can't quite make out the make, but it appears to be Märklin.

It seems the seller intended "SPARES or REPAIR" that is it doesn't work. The item appears to be manufactured by Märklin, but the trade mark is partially hidden by the conductor rail.

Each of my models are checked against real images of that exact Locomotive and weathered to replicate how it looked either on the scrap line or in a sorry rundown state.

No unrealistic scrapped liveries here!!

post-450-0-62054000-1410896603_thumb.jpg

Yeah, whatever. If you've seen a photo of that 37 with 300 gallons of oil tipped over it...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I actually look out for Carp weathered eBay victims like this 44

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-WEATHERED-Bachmann-32-651-class-44-Penyghent-BR-blue-44008-DCC-READY-/221520856831?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3393ac06ff

I need a chassis for some body shells I've just picked up, and it looks like the chassis escaped the worst of the muddy puddle it was dropped in. My best offer was declined. Currently £68 BIN, probably asking top dollar for this model, carp weathering, wrong box, card sheet and window missing. Half that price is a good offer I reckon.

Neil

Edited by Downendian

I actually look out for Carp weathered eBay victims like this 44http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-WEATHERED-Bachmann-32-651-class-44-Penyghent-BR-blue-44008-DCC-READY-/221520856831?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3393ac06ff

I need a chassis for some body shells I've just picked up, and it looks like the chassis escaped the worst of the muddy puddle it was dropped in. My best offer was declined. Currently £68 BIN, probably asking top dollar for this model, carp weathering, wrong box, card sheet and window missing. Half that price is a good offer I reckon.

Neil

At least we have his fingerprints!

I don't mind rubbish, but when people are trying to pass rubbish off as expert, it gets my back up.

I'd love to see a really honest model railway ebay entry.

" model weathered to beginner standard, with cheap airbrush, to look like it's driven through a ploughed field, based on absolutely no prototype photos whatsoever, it is purely a product of the demons that come and haunt my fevered dreams...."

• Like 3

More "Kit Built"....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-Gauge-kit-built-wagons/331320336648?_trksid=p5713.c100042.m2062&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140109134133%26meid%3D95fc1c19cbf14c20a893a97b9e0e43cc%26pid%3D100042%26prg%3D20140109134133%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D201164584108

They look like RTR to me. Just fitting 3-link couplings and sprung buffers should not be described as "Kit-Built", more "Modified" or "Re-Built"! ;)

One looks like a Lima Body...on a stretched kit chassis?

The other "Emlyn" ras a RTR Vacuum-Cylinder-Fitted Chassis!

ALSO...the seller has trouble getting the stock to fit the track..wrong gauge?

(To be fair, some ot the other stock listed seems to be genuine kits, Cooper craft, etc...)

Edited by Sarahagain

THESE WAS BOUGHT  NEW  SEVERAL YEARS AGO, NOW WITH A CHANGE OF PLAN, NO LONGER REQUIRED. REMOVED FROM BOXES ONLY TO PHOTOGRAPH.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-3-Assorted-OO-SCALE-WAGONS-R6372-OPEN-R6107-BR-ORE-OPEN-R6296A-BRAKE-/111464992307?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19f3d4ce33

Seems to have forgotten to put the photos of the wagons on the listing....12 free pictures now as well! ;)

More "Kit Built"....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-Gauge-kit-built-wagons/331320336648?_trksid=p5713.c100042.m2062&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140109134133%26meid%3D95fc1c19cbf14c20a893a97b9e0e43cc%26pid%3D100042%26prg%3D20140109134133%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D201164584108

They look like RTR to me. Just fitting 3-link couplings and sprung buffers should not be described as "Kit-Built", more "Modified" or "Re-Built"! ;)

One looks like a Lima Body...on a stretched kit chassis?

The other "Emlyn" ras a RTR Vacuum-Cylinder-Fitted Chassis!

ALSO...the seller has trouble getting the stock to fit the track..wrong gauge?

(To be fair, some ot the other stock listed seems to be genuine kits, Cooper craft, etc...)

The spring buffers are worth more than the wagons (Lima and Mainline if I'm not mistaken - from the days when manufacturers thought RCH mineral wagons were 17' 6" long! Fisherman's ruler?)

Edited by Il Grifone

If you scroll down the pictures are beneath the description.

Well yes....below the description AND the terms and conditions...

(Here is the description referred to in my post... followed by....)

IMPORTANT NOTE  THIS ITEM IS HERE TO SELL WITHOUT A RESERVE.

Please make sure you satisfy yourself that you have all the information to enable you to make an informed bid. Ask as many questions as you like and I will do what I can to answer.  All questions will be answered through the ebay system and will be published on the listing on answering.  The photographs form an important part of the listing and should be used to satisfy yourself that this item in the condition listed is something you want and are prepared to bid on and if you win, will complete on.  

ABOUT THE SELLER.

I am a private seller.  Everything I list was in regular use or was bought by me with that in mind.  I carefully photograph each item before listing, give it a lot number. These photographs are of the actual item listed.  I have two collections, one oo scale and the other ‘n’ gauge.  I am selling off both. Most of my OO scale stuff I sold on ebay last year. I am now listing the remaining items. Listing the n gauge items will start as I clear the oo scale items.

PAYING FOR YOUR ITEM.

I respectfully ask that you pay for your item as soon as possible.  If you win more than 1 item within 24hrs of each other it may be possible to consider a reduction in postal costs**.  In any event all items MUST be paid for before being dispatched and I would be grateful if payment could be made no later than 5 days. (if you have special circumstances, please contact me BEFORE YOU BID.

DISPATCH POLICY UK

I will only post out items once payment has been made by PAYPAL.  I prefer to use Royal Mail and the precise service will depend on the weight and size of the item.  I do include a small charge for packing materials and all items are insured for loss or damage while in the postal service.  I try to dispatch items on the same day as they are paid for, however I will do my best to dispatch your item as quickly as possible and would prefer to indicate that my target for packing and dispatching should be estimated as being between 2 and 3 days. If getting it next day is important to you and you should make this clear before you pay for your item. If no special instruction is given by the buyer, I will use my best endeavours to get your item to you as quickly as possible.

DISPATCH POLICY REST OF THE WORLD.  I am to sell my items on the UK site. I welcome buyers from abroad subject to the following:- (a) postal charges and insurance MUST be agreed upon before I accept any overseas bids. (b) the item/s must be paid for through ebay and © all items must carry appropriate insurance.  I will not reduce the postal costs purely to save money.  The charge agreed will include posting and insurance.  This offers protection to both the buyers and the seller.

RETURNS POLICY 

In line with eBay policy, I will refund all monies paid in the event that the item you receive is not as listed, described or photographed.  I will only accept returns if the item is delivered to you in a damaged packaging. In this case, I will put in an insurance claim and in the event that the complaint is upheld, all monies paid by the buyer will be refunded. This may take a few days so please bear with me. If the package appears to be damaged, the best advice I can give you is to refuse to accept the item stating that you cannot accept items that have been damaged in the post. As soon as I have received the damaged package, I will issue your refund in full including postal charges (BUT NOT SEPARATE INSURANCE IF THIS HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT) within 24hrs of its return to the seller.

COMBINED POSTAL CHARGES. **  

Because I am selling a number of oo scale items, I am happy to consider requests for a reduction in postal charges if appropriate.  As a general rule, any items that finish on the same day (24hrs clock using ebay time) can be considered for a postal reduction.  The actual amount will depend on how big the items in question are and the weight of the total number of items when packed together.  If you want to combine items that finish outside the 24 hours period, I will be happy to discuss the matter on an individual basis.

LASTLY, Thank you again for looking.  If you bid, good luck with that bid. If you are looking for other oo scale items and or n gauge items, please check my other items listed.

(The photos finally appear here!)

So sorry that I didn't bother to scroll down that far! ;)

Is that Welsh?

I thought roadsigns, a supermarket trolley, traffic lights and cones were a standard decorative feature in most student pads?

Well, I still own quite a few traffic signal heads....

It's wrong to mock, but...

Here we have for sale is what I beleave to be a oo gauge not sure as I don't no any thing about trains it was found cleaning my attic out not sure what make think it could be Hornby feels quite heavy looks in good condition for age tyred to show as many pictures to help u happy bidding

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/oo-gauge-train-/251649563571?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3a977b9bb3

It's a pannier, standing on its tail.

Probably the most inept listing I've ever seen.